ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naampadobi
India

Visitor visa application

Post by naampadobi » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:52 pm

Hello all,
Kindly help me with the following doubts I have when I'm applying for my parents' visit visa.

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. Three months before the date of the VFS appointment or the date of the UKVI form submission?

Do we have to carry all originals to VFS if scanned copies are uploaded by me after booking the VFS appointment?

I do not work but I have sufficient funds available in my account for more than six months to sponsor my parents. The fund came from my husband more than six months ago. In my sponsorship letter do I need to mention that the fund in my account came from my husband? Do I need to give my husband's income/employment proof? DO my husband need to write a letter that he gave me the fund?

My father has land in his name (along with some long-term financial assets) which I want to show to prove his ties to his home country. Is this OK? This deed document is not in English. Do I need to get it translated?

Would greatly appreciate any help with this. Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Visitor visa application

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:40 am

naampadobi wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:52 pm
Hello all,
Kindly help me with the following doubts I have when I'm applying for my parents' visit visa.

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. Three months before the date of the VFS appointment or the date of the UKVI form submission? As clearly stated 3 months before the intended travel date.

Do we have to carry all originals to VFS if scanned copies are uploaded by me after booking the VFS appointment? No need to go with hardcopies if already uploaded. Applicant to go with passport and and booking/appointment confirmation.

I do not work but I have sufficient funds available in my account for more than six months to sponsor my parents. The fund came from my husband more than six months ago. In my sponsorship letter do I need to mention that the fund in my account came from my husband? Do I need to give my husband's income/employment proof? DO my husband need to write a letter that he gave me the fund? Declaration of the source of funds and where possible contemporaneous evidence of the source.

My father has land in his name (along with some long-term financial assets) which I want to show to prove his ties to his home country. Is this OK? This deed document is not in English. Do I need to get it translated? Provide as much as possible evidence of strong ties to home country. Any document not in English needs to be translated.

Would greatly appreciate any help with this. Thank you!

naampadobi
India

Re: Visitor visa application

Post by naampadobi » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:25 pm

Thank you so much!
Wonder what pieces of evidence can be used as evidence of strong ties to the home country?