ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for cousin

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Racks
Newly Registered
Mood:

Visitor Visa for cousin

Post by Racks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi all, hope you can help me.

I am inviting my cousin to spend about 6 weeks in London with me from Ghana. he is a student going into his final year of university (year was extended because of covid) and solely relies on his parents. I have a few questions about his application:

1. how can I prove that he is my cousin or is that not necessary?
2. Is there a minimum amount required to sponsor somebody?
3. He has never travelled abroad, will that be an issue?

Please help as I really want him to get this visa!

secret.simon

Re: Visitor Visa for cousin

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:34 am

The big challenge that he will face in applying for a visit visa as a single, unemployed person is proving that he has such strong links to his country of habitual residence that he is unlikely to overstay in the UK at the end of his visit visa.

What proof can you/he provide on that front?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Racks
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Visitor Visa for cousin

Post by Racks » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:48 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:34 am
The big challenge that he will face in applying for a visit visa as a single, unemployed person is proving that he has such strong links to his country of habitual residence that he is unlikely to overstay in the UK at the end of his visit visa.

What proof can you/he provide on that front?
Thanks for your response.

He has a letter from his university stating that he is an undergrad and his graduation date. He also has his parents financial statements to support his application. Is that sufficient or will he need further proof of strong links.