ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for my mother - Documents checklist

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

i2siss
Algeria

Applying for visitor visa for my mother

Post by i2siss » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I am filling out the visitor visa application form for my mother to visit me in the UK (I am a Global Talent Visa holder) and I came across the following two questions:

1. How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK?
2. How much money will they (myself) be paying towards your visit?

Should I declare the same value as I am the one who is paying towards the cost of her visit?

Looking forward to your feedback,

Kind regards
Smail

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Applying for visitor visa for my mother

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:53 am

i2siss wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:22 pm
Hi everyone,

I am filling out the visitor visa application form for my mother to visit me in the UK (I am a Global Talent Visa holder) and I came across the following two questions:

1. How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK?
2. How much money will they (myself) be paying towards your visit?

Should I declare the same value as I am the one who is paying towards the cost of her visit?

Kind regards
Smail
As you are responsible for all cost for the visit
1) Will be 0 if mother is not going to spend any thing from her own purse
2) Will be the overall cost which you intend to spend for her journey. Your financial circumstances should depict being able to bear it.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:17 am

Thanks AmazonianX.

As my mother is a housewife and she depends on my father, is it still possible to have my father as her sponsor while I pay for her visit to the UK? If yes, where shall I make this clear in her application? in a cover letter and/or invitation letter....?!

Kind regards
Smail

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:35 am

i2siss wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:17 am
As my mother is a housewife and she depends on my father, is it still possible to have my father as her sponsor while I pay for her visit to the UK? If yes, where shall I make this clear in her application? in a cover letter and/or invitation letter....?!

If you are doing that to try to avoid being responsible for any NHS bills for your mother while in the UK, it doesn't work like that anymore, in England at least. Any NHS treatrment that is not free for visitiors, must now paid up front before any treatment is given.

The UK government suggests taking out health insurance to enable the visitor to claim back any money from their insurers that they have paid the NHS.
Last edited by JB007 on Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:39 am

I have no clue about the relationship between the visitor sponsor and the NHS service for the visitor!

So the answer to your comment is NO.

My aim is to increase the success rate of my mother's application!

Kind regards
Smail

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:49 pm

i2siss wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:39 am
I have no clue about the relationship between the visitor sponsor and the NHS service for the visitor!

So the answer to your comment is NO.

My aim is to increase the success rate of my mother's application!

Kind regards
Smail
In the application there is a section that will ask a question along the lime of if someone else is paying for the visit or towards it, this can be indicated there and thereafter explain the 2 different persons making the journey possible in a cover letter.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:50 pm

i2siss wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:39 am
If your mother were to need any non-emergency NHS care during her visit, it is likely that she and you will need to fill out an undertaking to pay the NHS.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:46 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:50 pm
If your mother were to need any non-emergency NHS care during her visit, it is likely that she and you will need to fill out an undertaking to pay the NHS.
In England, non-emergency NHS treatment must be refused if not paid up front.

For emergency treatment, they are expected to book a flight home/bring their return flight forward to go home for treatment, unless a clinician states they must be given some urgent treatment to enable them to travel home for the rest of their treatment. In these cases they cannot refuse treatment if not paid up front, but the NHS must still bill as that cost cannot be waived. International debt collectors can be used to recover any unpaid debt.

i2siss
Algeria

Visitor visa for my mother - Documents checklist

Post by i2siss » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

My mother is about to submit her visa application to visit me in the UK. I would be grateful if someone can advise on the following documents that she is going to submit along with the application form:

Applicant documents:
1. My father's pension certificate (she depends on him)
2. My father's account history (the account he receives his pension in)
3. Marriage certificate
4. Family record from the registry office showing how many kids the couple has (3 sons and 2 daughters - I am the only one living abroad)
Sponsor documents:
5. Statutory declaration from my side as I will be acting as the main sponsor for her trip to the UK.
6. Employment letter (me as the only sponsor)
7. Payslips for the last 6 months
8. Bank statement for the last 6 months
9. Tenancy agreement

Would the above documents build a reasonable case for her application? I am aware that there is no defined list of documents, however, any comments that will contribute to the success of her application would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Smail

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Visitor visa for my mother - Documents checklist

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:07 am

i2siss wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:35 pm
Hi Everyone,

My mother is about to submit her visa application to visit me in the UK. I would be grateful if someone can advise on the following documents that she is going to submit along with the application form:

Applicant documents:
3. Marriage certificate
4. Family record from the registry office showing how many kids the couple has (3 sons and 2 daughters - I am the only one living abroad)
Sponsor documents:
5. Statutory declaration from my side as I will be acting as the main sponsor for her trip to the UK.
9. Tenancy agreement

Would the above documents build a reasonable case for her application? I am aware that there is no defined list of documents, however, any comments that will contribute to the success of her application would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Smail
In all what specific documents are you presenting to show strong ties to home country or have you addressed this in a letter or letters?

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:15 am

Thanks AmazonianX.

To show strong ties to home country her application will rely on my father's sponsorship in home country (through his pension and their marriage) and on the fact that my mother has 4 other children living in home country.

I will also clearly mention in a statutory declaration letter that my mother is 100% sponsored by my father in home country and I will be bearing all the expenses (flight ticket, accommodation and subsistence) for her visit to the UK.

Does she need a letter from my father declaring that he is her sponsor in home country?

It is worth mentioning that my mother is a housewife and she does not have an income, therefore, I avoided putting money in her bank account and have a statement of that account to support her application, is this a wise decision?

Kind regards
Smail

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:41 pm

Please folks, any feedback would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Smail

sam_in_uk11
Newly Registered
India

Post by sam_in_uk11 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:05 pm

i2siss wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:35 pm
Hi Everyone,

Applicant documents:
3. Marriage certificate
Sponsor documents:

9. Tenancy agreement

Kind regards
Smail
Is this 6 month statement from sponsor ever mentioned on UK govt site?

indianVisitor
Newly Registered
India

Post by indianVisitor » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:57 pm

@i2siss Did you get the visa with these documents ? I'm on same boat, financially dependent mother.