ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shashank Herle
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Visitor Visa from India

Post by Shashank Herle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:34 am

Hello Friends,

I am about to apply for Standard Visit Visa for my parents who lives in India. I will be sponsoring my parents travel and accommodation in UK. They will be staying here for a month and I have already booked their flight tickets.

I have the following queries, much appreciated if someone can guide me here.

1. I stay in 1 BHK flat in UK and I heard from my friends that this would cause issue in getting a visa for my parents. As an alternative, I am planning to rent an accommodation via booking.com to show the proof of their stay in UK. Will this be a problem?
2. If yes, what document should i need to submit for VISA process?

Much appreciated if someone can help me on the above queries.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor Visa from India

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:15 am

Hope the flights you booked are amendable or refundable. UKVI website clearly states not to book flights till you have your visa.

What evidence of ties to home country will they submit??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 am

Shashank Herle wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:34 am
Hello Friends,

I am about to apply for Standard Visit Visa for my parents who lives in India. I will be sponsoring my parents travel and accommodation in UK. They will be staying here for a month and I have already booked their flight tickets.

1. I stay in 1 BHK flat in UK and I heard from my friends that this would cause issue in getting a visa for my parents. As an alternative, I am planning to rent an accommodation via booking.com to show the proof of their stay in UK. Will this be a problem?

Thanks.
Have you considered applying for just one of them instead of trying to get them both at the same time. The reason I am saying this is, if only one of them visit, your existing accommodation will be sufficient and also if the other parent stays back in India, this would be taken as strong reason "home ties" to return to India following the stay. I would strongly suggest you consider the above, particularly if they haven't applied for a visa before.

Also try and get them a travel insurance (eg. xxxxxxxx) and attached with the application. Getting a flight ticket prior to apply for visa is probably not a good idea and also wont add much weight to the application. Make sure, you clearly mention in a cover letter their intended stay in only for 4 weeks and mention the planned dates of arrival and departure.

If your parents have any relatives closeby (particularly elderly relatives), you can get a letter from them to say that they often rely on each other and meet on a regular basis.

Good luck with your application

Shashank Herle
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shashank Herle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Hello Many thanks for your response.

I have booked a non refundable tickets :(
My dad runs a Hotel business in India, he can produce Hotel Licence document. He also rents a place to run his Hotel Business he can produce the rent receipts as well. My dad and mother are staying in house and the house agreement is in the name of father and me.
Also as you suggested, I can also get a signed letter from my Grandmother stating that she is dependent on my father.

Is this enough?

Can you also suggest if i can provide rented accommodation via booking.com to show the proof of their stay in UK?

Thanks
Shashank

Shashank Herle
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shashank Herle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:04 am

Hello All,

sorry for the chase.
Any suggestion on my queries?

Cheers
Shashank

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 am

How many people currently live in your one bedroom flat?

They will need to submit substantial evidence of their ties to home country (social, financial, property, income, employment, family etc). Visitor visas are becoming increasingly difficult to get due to years of abuse of the system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shashank Herle
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shashank Herle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:35 am

Hello,

Currently i staying in 1 BHK flat ( 1 Bedroom and separate living room) with my Wife.
And my parents can provide below documents -

1) Hotel Business Licence (Dad's private Business).
2) Letter from my Grandmother to state that she is dependent on my Dad and my dad meets her every weekend.
3) bank statement and Fixed deposit statements
4) Letter from my sister to state that my dad and Mom regularly meets his grand daughters.
5) House agreement (which is in the name of My Dad)

Cheers
Shashank

Shashank Herle
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shashank Herle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:48 am

vignezh wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 am
Shashank Herle wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:34 am
Hello Friends,

Thanks.
Have you considered applying for just one of them instead of trying to get them both at the same time. The reason I am saying this is, if only one of them visit, your existing accommodation will be sufficient and also if the other parent stays back in India, this would be taken as strong reason "home ties" to return to India following the stay. I would strongly suggest you consider the above, particularly if they haven't applied for a visa before.

Also try and get them a travel insurance (eg. xxxxxxxx) and attached with the application. Getting a flight ticket prior to apply for visa is probably not a good idea and also wont add much weight to the application. Make sure, you clearly mention in a cover letter their intended stay in only for 4 weeks and mention the planned dates of arrival and departure.

If your parents have any relatives closeby (particularly elderly relatives), you can get a letter from them to say that they often rely on each other and meet on a regular basis.

Good luck with your application
Hello Many thanks for your response.

I have booked a non refundable tickets :(
My dad runs a Hotel business in India, he can produce Hotel Licence document. He also rents a place to run his Hotel Business he can produce the rent receipts as well. My dad and mother are staying in house and the house agreement is in the name of father and me.
Also as you suggested, I can also get a signed letter from my Grandmother stating that she is dependent on my father.

Is this enough?

Can you also suggest if i can provide rented accommodation via booking.com to show the proof of their stay in UK?

Thanks
Shashank

Shashank Herle
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shashank Herle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 am
How many people currently live in your one bedroom flat?

They will need to submit substantial evidence of their ties to home country (social, financial, property, income, employment, family etc). Visitor visas are becoming increasingly difficult to get due to years of abuse of the system.
Hello,

Currently i staying in 1 BHK flat ( 1 Bedroom and separate living room) with my Wife.
And my parents can provide below documents -

1) Hotel Business Licence (Dad's private Business).
2) Letter from my Grandmother to state that she is dependent on my Dad and my dad meets her every weekend.
3) bank statement and Fixed deposit statements
4) Letter from my sister to state that my dad and Mom regularly meets his grand daughters.
5) House agreement (which is in the name of My Dad)

Cheers
Shashank

Shashank Herle
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shashank Herle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:05 am

Hello All,

Can you please advise ?

Cheers
Shashank