ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa length for parent: 2 years or 5 years?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FriendlyGhost

Visitor visa length for parent: 2 years or 5 years?

Post by FriendlyGhost » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi,

My mother who is a Pakistani citizen wants to visit me in UK where I am a British citizen. She will be visiting here in future also. I wanted to ask what duration standard visitor visa should she apply for: 2 years, 5 years or may be 10 years?

Last and the only time she visited UK before was on a single entry visit visa in 2012. She went back within visa time and hasn't since visited UK. If she applies for 5 years visa (or 10 years) instead of 2 years, will the chances of rejection increase? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

iwolga

Re: Visitor visa length for parent: 2 years or 5 years?

Post by iwolga » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:45 pm

Most likely she will only get 6 months visa now. You can apply for a longer visa but it is unlikely she’ll be granted longer visas