ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa multi entries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anastacia
Newly Registered

Visitor visa multi entries

Post by anastacia » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:47 am

My boyfriend is here on a 6 month visiotrs visa unitl the 17th August.
He was initally granted 2 weeks in Tunisia, on this it stated multi entry
Once in the UK we applied to extend his visa until the maximum amount of time 6 months. This does not say multi entry but i was informed by the home office that all uk visas granted here in UK are multi entry.

We want to go back to Tunisia for one week in June and then return to Britain to carry out the rest of his visitors visa.

We are worried that even though he has entry clearance the immigration officer at the airport will refuse entry becasue when he initially applied he was employed back in tunisia.
Obviously now he has stayed longer than the 2 week plan he has lost his job back home. Will this class as a 'change in circumstances' and he wont be let back in.

When we applied to extend his visa to full 6 months here in the UK no questions were ever asked about his employment status back in tunisa they just extended it.

The home office has said he can travel if i just write a short letter for him to take with us but worried he may be stopped because no longer employed back home

Please help??
we have heard of someone being stopped on way back in becasue of something similar to this

is there anything we can do or will he just be allowed back in because he has the 6 month visa

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Visitor visa multi entries

Post by Chess » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:44 am

Obviously now he has stayed longer than the 2 week plan he has lost his job back home. Will this class as a 'change in circumstances' and he wont be let back in.
Obviously the circumstances have changed and his 'returnability' criteria is affected as he has no job to return to back home.

If the IO at the PoE asks him whether he has got a job back home to return to and he says No, He may be refused re-entry.
Where there is a will there is a way.

anastacia
Newly Registered

Post by anastacia » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:51 am

What if he asked the hotel if he could return in August when his visa runs out, and they say yes.

What will satisfy the IO, will a letter from a manager do or will they also want to phone the hotel.

also if he managed to obtain another job somewhere that will allow him to start in AUgust will this do, if it is a different job to his original one.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:12 am

If your boy friend has strong social, financial and economic ties with Tunisia. He will be allowed re-entry to complete his 6 months. However, he should also prove that their are sufficient funds for him to stay in the UK for the remaider of his stay.

Perharps you may consinder postponing your visit to Tunisia so that he can complete his 6 months to avoid any hustles..

....dont tell me, I have messed up your 'summer holiday' plans :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

anastacia
Newly Registered

Post by anastacia » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:15 am

i can easily show funds to support him for the remainder of his stay that is not a problem.
Its just his job situation, he will have to see if they are willing to take him back in August and provide him with documentry evidence of this

If not... trips off!!

thanks for your help