ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa Pakistan query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kufarooq1

Visitor visa Pakistan query

Post by kufarooq1 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:01 am

My parents booked appointment for UK visit visa before Pakistan was put on the red list. They went ahead and attended the in person biometrics appointment and submitted application. Two weeks on and we have received email from the visa officer that they can’t conclude the application just yet as Pakistan is still on the red list and they will conclude once the ban is lifted. My question is, why they took two weeks to assess and then advised us because the ban was still in place when my parents attended the appointment? Does this mean that my parents will more likely to be granted visa and it’s only a matter of time until the ban is lifted?

My parents weren’t planning to travel anyway if the situation wouldn’t allow them but still I find it strange for visa officer to hold back decision due to the red list category. Anyone in the similar situation? Kindly anyone shed some light on this?

Finally, a silly question, any idea when this ban is likely to end as we were hoping them to come soon as we had some plans lined up with them.

Thanks, appreciate it.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Visitor visa Pakistan query

Post by ALKB » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:43 pm

kufarooq1 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:01 am

My parents weren’t planning to travel anyway if the situation wouldn’t allow them but still I find it strange for visa officer to hold back decision due to the red list category. Anyone in the similar situation? Kindly anyone shed some light on this?

Finally, a silly question, any idea when this ban is likely to end as we were hoping them to come soon as we had some plans lined up with them.

Thanks, appreciate it.
I think it's unlikely that a visa officer sat and stared at your parents' application for two weeks to then tell you they can't make a decision, yet.

When I was working for an Embassy (not a UK one, but still), I had stacks upon stacks of applications on my desk every single day. Some more complicated than others. Most probably, they just got to the application after two weeks or so, saw it was a visitor visa application and sent out the standard reply for visitor visa applications. Or maybe they kept visitor applications to the side for a bit to see how the situation develops and when there were no new instructions, sent an update.

I don't know when the ban is likely to end. I hope the situation improves globally, since we all had plans lined up.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:22 pm

Thank you

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Hi

I was wondering if you could let me know if you found out about the email you got saying its not been concluded?

Your visit visa application has been assessed but we are not able to conclude it at this time due to the UK Government’s published ban on travel to the UK from certain countries due to COVID-19. A list of countries can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-m ... f-covid-19.

Once the ban is lifted we will conclude your application and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre to arrange collection or delivery.

If you require your passport before your application is concluded, please contact the Visa Application Centre who will be able to arrange for this to be released.

If you require any further information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus or contact us at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:53 am

I have already replied to one of your other posts.

My parents received exactly the same email 2 months ago and we are still waiting for the outcome. Passports are with them since April.