ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MaryamArif
Newly Registered
Qatar

Visitor visa query

Post by MaryamArif » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:28 am

Hope you all are doing well!
Me, my younger sister and my mother who is elderly and unwell wish to travel to the UK to visit my elder sister’s family.
1. I’ve been doing internship for the last 3 months and is offered a job starting January next year. I’ll be accepting the job. I am free for 2 months in which i wish to travel. Will this cause any problem for visa? As it might not be a good reason to travel back to Qatar where we live, as we are told. Though i have strong social ties here. My whole family lives here.
2. My sister is unemployed and she’s a caretaker of my mother from last 5 years. My mother is totally dependent on her (health wise). She almost always travel with her whenever they go out of the country. Is this again not a good reason that we’ll travel back to Qatar?
3. We wish to apply for long term visit visa(2 years), so that whenever we are on vacation we might visit the UK to see our elder sister. Is this okay?
My younger sister who was a student at the time and mother had already been to the UK before on visit visa and came back to Qatar as they stated their end of visit.
Thank you so much!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Visitor visa query

Post by Ticktack » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:52 am

MaryamArif wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:28 am
Me, my younger sister and my mother who is elderly and unwell wish to travel to the UK to visit my elder sister’s family.
1. I’ve been doing internship for the last 3 months and is offered a job starting January next year. I’ll be accepting the job. I am free for 2 months in which i wish to travel. Will this cause any problem for visa? As it might not be a good reason to travel back to Qatar where we live, as we are told. Though i have strong social ties here. My whole family lives here.Have you also got strong financial ties?
2. My sister is unemployed and she’s a caretaker of my mother from last 5 years. My mother is totally dependent on her (health wise). She almost always travel with her whenever they go out of the country. Is this again not a good reason that we’ll travel back to Qatar?Health issues isn't exactly a good or bad thing. What matters mostly is the picture you paint to the ECO.
3. We wish to apply for long term visit visa(2 years), so that whenever we are on vacation we might visit the UK to see our elder sister. Is this okay?If you've never been to the UK before, I'd advise that you start with a 6 months visa. Nothing actually wrong with applying for a 2 year visa straight, but you just have more money to lose if things go south. So most people work their way up from 6 months to 10 years.
My younger sister who was a student at the time and mother had already been to the UK before on visit visa and came back to Qatar as they stated their end of visit.That's a plus. They can apply for 2 years or 5 years if they want. The form is annoying to fill as it's quite lengthy. But they still need to use similar documents as previously used for past visa.
Thank you so much!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

MaryamArif
Newly Registered
Qatar

Post by MaryamArif » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:26 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:52 am
[quote=MaryamArif post_id=2090424 time=<a href="tel:1664072938">1664072938</a> user_id=266125]
1. I’ve been doing internship for the last 3 months and is offered a job starting January next year. I’ll be accepting the job. I am free for 2 months in which i wish to travel. Will this cause any problem for visa? As it might not be a good reason to travel back to Qatar where we live, as we are told. Though i have strong social ties here. My whole family lives here.Have you also got strong financial ties?
2. My sister is unemployed and she’s a caretaker of my mother from last 5 years. My mother is totally dependent on her (health wise). She almost always travel with her whenever they go out of the country. Is this again not a good reason that we’ll travel back to Qatar?Health issues isn't exactly a good or bad thing. What matters mostly is the picture you paint to the ECO.
3. We wish to apply for long term visit visa(2 years), so that whenever we are on vacation we might visit the UK to see our elder sister. Is this okay?If you've never been to the UK before, I'd advise that you start with a 6 months visa. Nothing actually wrong with applying for a 2 year visa straight, but you just have more money to lose if things go south. So most people work their way up from 6 months to 10 years.
My younger sister who was a student at the time and mother had already been to the UK before on visit visa and came back to Qatar as they stated their end of visit.That's a plus. They can apply for 2 years or 5 years if they want. The form is annoying to fill as it's quite lengthy. But they still need to use similar documents as previously used for past visa.
Thank you so much!
[/quote]- I do have receipts of my internship stipend but i was being paid in cash. Will that suffice?

- What should i choose in the visa application, unemployed or employed? As i have already accepted the job offer but yet have time to join.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:18 am

I do have receipts of my internship stipend but i was being paid in cash. Will that suffice?

- What should i choose in the visa application, unemployed or employed? As i have already accepted the job offer but yet have time to join.

Thank you so much for your reply.
Anything and everything you have in support of your visa application is great. If it will suffice is a different story.
If you have a lot of money in your account to show your sustainability, then that's fantastic. If not it gets a bit tricky from there.

You've accepted the job offer, but you haven't started the job yet, hence you're currently unemployed.
But it would be good to attach your job offer to your application, as that shows the reason you'd want to go back to your home country, to start your new job.

So this could be seen as a quick holiday to refresh yourself before you dig in and hit the ground running.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!