ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa renewal question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

absra
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa renewal question

Post by absra » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi

My parents are making a new application for visitor visa (general, tourist, visiting family) as their current visa expires in September. Since they are applying from a country in red list (Pakistan), visa applications are now being concluded but visas are not being issued until restrictions ease.

My question is on status of existing visit visa when new visa is concluded (but no issued). Would it be possible for them to enter the UK later this month on their existing visa after reapplying for a new one?

Thanks

iwolga

Re: Visitor Visa renewal question

Post by iwolga » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:42 pm

It depends. I once had previous UK visa cancelled when new one has been issued. However, the general rule seems to depend on the validity of old and new visas. If there’s overlap (say old one expires on 15/08 and you requested new one from 01/08), most likely your old one will be cancelled.

I however don’t understand why you plan to reapply? And if there’s travel ban while you are waiting for the new visa, how can travel to UK? You mean quarantining?