ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

W written on passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kofi75

W written on passport

Post by kofi75 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:14 am

My sister has a 10year multiple visit visa but has been coming to the UK very frequently so she was questioned at the border this time round for the frequency of her visits.After the office stamped entry but wrote with a pen W under the entry stamp.On top of the stamp he wrote Vipp.
Please can some one explain the meaning of the W written under the entry stamp
We are worried it meant something negative

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: W written on passport

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:55 pm

kofi75 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:14 am
My sister has a 10year multiple visit visa but has been coming to the UK very frequently so she was questioned at the border this time round for the frequency of her visits.After the office stamped entry but wrote with a pen W under the entry stamp.Did the IO questioned or spoke extensively about the frequency to UK? Can W means Warning??On top of the stamp he wrote Vipp. Visa in previous passport
Please can some one explain the meaning of the W written under the entry stamp
We are worried it meant something negative
Maybe allow some time and request SAR from HO.
How frequent are her visits? Repeatedly on this forum, Visit visa holders are advised on spacing out coming to and stay in UK let's it taken by IO/PoE as living in UK under the guise of being a visitor.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:03 pm

Thanks for the quick response,yes she was questioned about the frequency of her visots

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:54 pm

Is her visa in the same passport where she got stamped or is it in an expired passport?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:29 pm

kofi75 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:03 pm
Thanks for the quick response,yes she was questioned about the frequency of her visots
Just how frequent and how long are those visits?

Are you sure it´s a "W" or could it also be a sloppily written "NIV"? If NIV, then it means non-immigrant visa, probably because the visa itself is not in the same passport as the entry stamp.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:48 pm

The w is a warning about the conditions of her visa. The IO has noted the frequency of her visits and duration of stay.
If it is deemed that she is in breach or the intent is to breach when she arrives in the U.K. next they will curtail her visa at the border.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:24 pm

razergd1 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:54 pm
Is her visa in the same passport where she got stamped or is it in an expired passport?
Most probably previous as that's what vipp refers to; we await OP's confirmation.