ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to bring my mother in UK as a visitor.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

drsumkam
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by drsumkam » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:52 am

Hi,
I am on work permit UK visa as doctor.
Just couple of week before Join NHS hospital in London.
My mother is in Canada on visiting visa and she is Pakistani national.
My Salary is 50,000 pound annually and my family consist of 4 person including two kids under 6 years old.
Looking guide how I can apply my mother visa what I need to show and any link which can help me to applied visitor visa for my mother.
Thanks in advance all of you

secret.simon

Re: Want to bring my mother in UK as a visitor.

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:48 am

The main challenge for sponsoring single, unemployed family members on a visit visa is proving that they have such strong links to their country of habitual residence that they will leave the UK at the end of their visit visa. What proof can you and your mother provide on that front?

Also, as your mother is in Canada on a visit visa, she can not apply for a UK visit visa from Canada. She can only apply for a UK visit visa from a country of which she is a citizen or of which she has some form of residency status (i.e. where she is not a visitor herself).

And be aware that if the Home Office concludes that your mother is coming to the UK to look after your children (her grandchildren), she may be refused a visit visa as looking after children is considered work and strictly forbidden for visitors.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:40 am

Agree with @secret.simon except if she is legally in Canada, then I believe it’s possible for her to apply for a UK visitor visa from there.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:09 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:40 am
if she is legally in Canada, then I believe it’s possible for her to apply for a UK visitor visa from there.
Interesting, @vinny. Could you comment on this thread as well?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.