ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what are our options....?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krazyhorse
Newly Registered

what are our options....?

Post by krazyhorse » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:39 pm

Hi

I have been with my girlfriend now for a little over 2 years. She is from Trinidad. She came over on a working Visa. When that expired, she took a student Visa and is taking her final year where she is currently studying.

We both desperately want to be together, and we both dont want her to take the option of going back home, the reason she is considering going back home, is because she doesnt want to waste time and money studying here anymore. I agree, she shouldnt waste any more time and money, but I want her to stay too.

Basically, what options do we have?
Am I right in thinking that we can get her a work permit job, but they are like gold dust arent they?
Is it possible for her to get an Indefinate Leave to Remain?

I would really, really appreciate any advice. Thank you for taking the time to read my thread, thanks.

Mr fab :)

CarolineH
Newly Registered

Post by CarolineH » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:47 pm

Are you living together? If so she may be able to apply for an unmarried partners visa which would allow her to stay and work for up to 2 years - you will need to prove that you have been living together as if married (for two years) and provide proof of such eg bills, bank statemetns etc.

Good luck

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:50 pm

Are you able to comment on my queries on the same issue?

krazyhorse
Newly Registered

Post by krazyhorse » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:12 pm

Kayalami wrote:Are you able to comment on my queries on the same issue?
hi there

sorry for not responding in so long, I will read the link you gave me to my previous post. Thanks for your help, i shall respond promtly.

Thank you for taking the time to read my issues. :)