ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the options if the family visa sponsor is getting domestic abuse in the UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yodasw101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Can I cancel my partner's family visa?

Post by yodasw101 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi,

I have been living in the UK for over a decade now, I came here for my bachelors and then made my career. A few years back I then got UK citizenship. I got married last year in my home country and also applied for a family visa to bring my partner to the UK. We are still in the home country as we were not able to travel to the UK due to covid travel restrictions followed by the expiry of my partner's vignette visa which we have not renewed till now.

I recently got to know surprisingly that my wife and her parents are just interested for her to travel to the UK, work and earn in GBP, she is not the person what my family and I thought her to be. They told on our face that if I was to stay with my family and not in the UK, they would not have married her with me.

So, listening to this, I'd like to stay with my family in my home country along with her as I have no choice for now. I'll have to sacrifice my good job in the UK and move, this will also help me to be with my family and I have been living away from them for a long time.

Is there any way that I can apply to cancel my partner's visa? I don't know if I'll be able to get divorced as they are making false allegations on me and are asking for a settlement with lots of money from me. If divorce doesn't happen, I'll have to still live with her but I'll be happy to live with my family.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Can I cancel my partner's family visa?

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:42 pm

yodasw101 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:29 pm

I recently got to know surprisingly that my wife and her parents are just interested for her to travel to the UK, work and earn in GBP, she is not the person what my family and I thought her to be. They told on our face that if I was to stay with my family and not in the UK, they would not have married her with me.
Won't comment over a family issue rather feeling obliged in expressing a pertinent phrase:
"marry in haste, repent at leisure"
yodasw101 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:29 pm

Is there any way that I can apply to cancel my partner's visa? I don't know if I'll be able to get divorced as they are making false allegations on me and are asking for a settlement with lots of money from me. If divorce doesn't happen, I'll have to still live with her but I'll be happy to live with my family.
Yes you can inform to UKVI

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form

Note: Before using the above link, think twice because your relationship & other state of affairs might even be descended into deep abyss with no route of return.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

yodasw101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yodasw101 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Thanks for your reply.

The form in the link just asks about the name but nothing about ID numbers such as passport number, etc. Will they know us just by our names?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:02 pm

yodasw101 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:54 pm
Thanks for your reply.

The form in the link just asks about the name but nothing about ID numbers such as passport number, etc. Will they know us just by our names?
You can add other identifying details in the email address to which you can send that form. That email address you can find in following link. Lastly only few words: "Don't rush in informing to UKVI and only weigh up your partner not her family with who you will have to spend your life"

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce

Good Luck
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

yodasw101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yodasw101 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:09 pm

I understand what you are trying to explain to me. Thank you.

The sad part is she has also said the same along with her family.

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have got an unusual request to the moderators. Is it possible to delete this post? Just as safety step for my case, I don't see any delete option.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:13 pm

yodasw101 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:09 pm
I understand what you are trying to explain to me. Thank you.

The sad part is she has also said the same along with her family.

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have got an unusual request to the moderators. Is it possible to delete this post? Just as safety step for my case, I don't see any delete option.
Post on this forum are editable but can not be deleted. The post remains so others at some point may come across and get answers to their queries.

yodasw101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

What are the options if the family visa sponsor is getting domestic abuse in the UK?

Post by yodasw101 » Sun May 09, 2021 10:01 pm

Hi, I have sponsored my wife via family visa which will expire next year. We live in the UK and I have faced domestic violence from her which is not only verbal abuse but physical abuse as well due to which I was also taken to the hospital for a few days.

I have tried to search online but I all I can find is how a person who is on dependant visa can get ILR if they are facing DV from a british citizen. But my question is for the other way around.

I have informed the local police DV investigator and shared what has happened. This was not a complaint but a notice to them for their visibility, I also have a reference number from them.

I have a meeting with a family solicitor next week. My wife has not accepted me or my family members so far, she has married me to get to the UK and work here to get GBP. Even if I file a divorce, it will take x months which is enough for her to find a sponsored job and get Tier 2 visa. This means that she will be able to work here in the UK with or without me anyway.

What are my options here? I know I want divorce from her but in this short length marriage, I have faced so much of mental trauma and abuse that I don't want to give her a single penny or let her live, work here in the UK. We don't have any children and I pay all of our expenses.