ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What class as working according to Home Office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jazznflash
Newly Registered

What class as working according to Home Office

Post by jazznflash » Wed May 30, 2018 12:30 am

Hi,

My first ilr set(o) application has been refused therefore my 3c leave has been broken, i am not allowed to work anymore however i then subsequently submitted ilr set(lr) application as i also completed 10 years of lawful residence in UK which i am awaiting decision. I was earning around 40k per annum before they flipped my life upside down, i have used most of my savings since i lost my right to work however i wanted to check what class as Working according to Home Office i understand that i can not be employed by someone or can't do self-employment as well but can i invest in a limited company as a shareholder and receive dividends on their profits of course for this i would not be working for this company but just needed to invest some money in Or can i do spread betting on financial instruments like FTSE 100, S&P 500 again this is merely betting but you can earn some serious money if you know what you are doing.

Please if anyone know any Home Office policies on these as they simply said you are not allowed to work and leave people dangling for 2 years

Thanks

Echoes

Re: What class as working according to Home Office

Post by Echoes » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:39 am

Spread betting is classed as gambling, not working and it is tax free so you don't have to declare your earnings. The catch, however is that you must have subsistence income from another source, otherwise your SB earnings will be considered your primary source of income and hence taxable and classed as working.

jazznflash
Newly Registered

Re: What class as working according to Home Office

Post by jazznflash » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 am

And what about buying shares of a private limited company and receiving dividends