ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Questions do they ask for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rckybhardwaj

What Questions do they ask for ILR

Post by rckybhardwaj » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:00 pm

Dear members,
If anyone has got ILR, could you let me know what are the docs required and what questions do they ask at the interview.

Regards

Bhardwaj

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:35 pm

what questions do they ask at the interview
In the great majority of cases the answer is .... none! That is, there is no interview at all. You fill in the correct form, supply all the evidence mentioned on that form, and pay the required fee, and assuming you qualify the ILR visa will be granted.

What is the correct form to fill in? And therefore .... what evidence needs to be supplied? You do not say in what visa capacity you are already in the UK under. It will make a difference. Have a look at :-

Application Forms

-: and download the correct form. The form name will start with SET. Which type of SET form you need will depend upon why you are already here.
John

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:04 pm

Hi John,
many thanks for the reply. Well i am on an HSMP visa here in Uk and the question i asked was because after the end of 4 years when i apply for ILR what status do the officer expect from me. How much earning or job status does he expects me to be in. I am in a contract job now, and the contract will expire in some weeks, and will take me some time to find another job in my field.
Thats all was my worry about.
Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:14 pm

Hi, download a form SET(O), using the link I provided earlier, and have a good read.

When does your current four year visa expire?

By the way, as regards
.... because after the end of 4 years when i apply for ILR ...
No! You apply for ILR before your current visa expires, not after!
John

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:25 pm

hello john,
hmm, actually my 4 year vis aexpire after quite a long time, from now, A couple of years to go, but just wanted to ask this ILR question as members were getting it now and was fresh in their minds. By the way I shall downlaod the form and have a look.
I am only worried that do I have to be in a highly skilled job when we file for ILR , or cud be any type of job paying regular taxes.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:33 pm

rckybhardwaj wrote:hello john,
hmm, actually my 4 year vis aexpire after quite a long time, from now, A couple of years to go, but just wanted to ask this ILR question as members were getting it now and was fresh in their minds. By the way I shall downlaod the form and have a look.
I am only worried that do I have to be in a highly skilled job when we file for ILR , or cud be any type of job paying regular taxes.
The caseworker can ask any question they deem necessary to process your application - naturally they must do so within the Immigration Act, The Immigration Rules and Operational Policy at the time of such decison making. Given you are at (I presume) least 3 years away from an ILR application it is premature to speculate as to the nature of processing/ questioning then. For one, I expect a finger printing regime, criminal background checks and a requirement for tax returns...I suspect the days of leave being granted in a day through an 'in person' application are not here to stay unless said checks are conducted well before the application date.

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:26 pm

Bhardwaj, OK, planning ahead is not a bad idea ..... but over two years ahead?

It is totally impossible to say what will be the situation then, especially against a background of the Government's recently-announced five year plan.
John