Welcome to immigrationboards.com!
Who's us?rg1 wrote:Which party will be more beneficial for us? Labour or Conservatives?
Not everyone is an immigrant here!rg1 wrote:us = non-EU immigrants in UK
None of immigration rules affect EU people anyway.
Imagine Tories tho! Doesn't bare thinking about - and I'm no labourite...Casa wrote:I'm not so sure. Gordon's got me worried with that nervous twitch of his! 8)
Brown inherited his gang from Tony Bliar, who put the country on the path to ruinSBT_Owner wrote:
Brown and his gang are clueless . The damage they have done will not be fixed instantly though , i think it will take 10 years or so (that is if Conservatives win the election) . If Labour get 4 more years i really do fear for the future .
PLAID CYMRU has just lost a voteCasa wrote:Article from our local free mag. Should make you smile.
"In the forthcoming election, I will only give my vote (and it hasn't been dusted down for many a year) to a party that has the following promises in its manifest.
1. All cars with engines over two litres have to be horse-drawn.
2. All people travelling by aeroplane will have to make the return journey by foot. Not only would this reduce our carbon footprint from boot to bootee, it would help to reduce the country's excess population, as most of them would never come back.
3. On any rail journey, where there are not enough seats, senior management must offer to take you to your destination in a sedan chair.
4. In the same way that you can sell electricity you have generated back to the electricity company, so should you be able to sell water back to the venal water companies. All the rain that lands on your property should be measured in a tamper-proof gauge, the total volume calculated and paid for by the water company. As your water runs into their aquifiers or reservoirs, it is only fair.
5. To encourage the English to take an interest in foreign languages, all road signs should be written in Mandarin.
6. All bankers bonuses should be paid for in the smallest coin of the realm and they should have to collect them from a blind octogenarian widow llving in a croft in the Cairngorms.
7. No public servant, including MP's should be paid more than the average wage, to remind them that 50% of the population have to live on less.
8. All doctor's receptionists should be replaced by dyspeptic grizzly bears to improve the friendliness.