ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Widowed mother in law 2 year visit visa success story

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bathanza

Widowed mother in law 2 year visit visa success story

Post by bathanza » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:12 am

Good news - whilst my husband was out in Pakistan for a long over due visit, I had secretly prepared a visit visa and booked a 2 year visit visa for my mother in law.

She had previously visited the UK but come my wedding time in January 18 she was refused twice despite never breaking the immigration rules and visiting 4 or 5 times in the last 10 years.

She missed my wedding which was so upsetting.

Since her last expiry there have been changes - namely her middle son leaving for the UK on a spousal visa and my husband didn't have a visa yet.

She is widowed, with no sons in Pakistan NOR a house in her name - previous refusals were about lack of finances and immigration status for her sons.

I sponsored her visa and had prepared well. From January my husband and I have been supporting her financially.  A lot of matters are dealt with cash and she has NO issues with cash flow  but for UKVI I had sent money from my account to hers.

I sent a very long cover letter addressing my own  finances, employment and accommodation.

I addressed her financial situation and HOW CULTURALY it's acceptable to have a husbands name on bills and property despite his passing.

I explained how she would bring shame to the family to leave and to subject herself to the hostile environment! She doesn't want to stay in the UK simply visit and provided dates of planned travel in the next year or so.

Sponsor Documents included
Cover letter
Sponsor passport copy
Husband passport copy and BRP
6 months payslips (e copy, not stamped)
Letter of employment (within 3 months e copy not hard copy)
Council tax photocopy
Electric bill photocopy
Title deed photocopy

Applicant
1 x passport photo
6 months bank statement
1 month telephone bill
1 month electric bill
Sons immigration status (these were taken via mobile phone camera and printed out! )

That was IT. I filled out the application myself and worked with my brother in law to figure out visit dates in the past.

Another labour of love and visa was issued last Friday for 2 years. The quality of documents is important but not as strict any FLR FP or FLR M. Interesting experience.

A loving grandma gets to see her children.

Very pleased praise God.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Rizwan123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Widowed mother in law 2 year visit visa success story

Post by Rizwan123 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi I want to apply for my mums visit visa , she has the same story visited once but refused then four times, as all our siblings are in Uk, my father passed away, can u two me what did u wrote in covering letter to satisfy them as they say he might not leave Uk as have no ties in home country, I am so depressed, any help will be appreciated

Rizwan123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rizwan123 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:18 pm

If u can plz help me show the sponsor letter written to satisfy home office , I would be grateful to you

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Hello,

Does she own the house she live in or your late father?

I explained the cirucmsatances as per my post whereby theres a LOT of financial implications if she were to stay in the UK, and also would prevent children from visiting their own ancestral home.

You have to be factual in the coverletter and should explain family ties, e.g her sisters/brothers/cousins etc.

She would not be able to leave the country if she stayed in the UK. Read up on the hostile environment and waht it does for people who overstay.

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

Rizwan123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rizwan123 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:21 pm

She is dependent on herself as she has property and stuff so no financial problem , but how to write a supporting letter to prove that she will return back, she went ti dubai recently to visit her nephew too, she had brothers n dusters back home, what evidence shall we write ?

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:00 pm

If you're sponsoring her write a letter on her behalf and state who you are what the relationship is.

Write applicant details, passport number, address and what personal circumstances there are. Explain whatever assets she has and property information.

You can certainly write about travel history and her love for going places. UK is just a short visitation so it shouldn't be a problem.

Property deed/proof is needed, such as utility bills. Get passport copies of whoever lives in Pakistan as supporting evidence. Bank statements. If you're sending money as support explain how this is done and how often and how much.