ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work in UK after 1st May.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jdx
Newly Registered

Work in UK after 1st May.

Post by jdx » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:25 pm

Hello,

Starting on 1st May UK opens its job market for new EU members. Does that mean that me, as Polish citizen, and my potential employer will not have to fulfill additional formalities, eg. work permit?

Regards,
Jan

jdx
Newly Registered

Post by jdx » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:55 am

OK, I have just found what I was looking for: http://workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in ... izens.html

I'm a lucky guy. :-)

Regards,
Jan

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:39 pm

As the new rules show, there is a registration requirement for new EU citizens (except Malta and Cyprus). This has to be done within 1 month of starting work.

Joseph

jdx
Newly Registered

Post by jdx » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:54 pm

[quote="Joseph"] As the new rules show, there is a registration requirement for new EU citizens (except Malta and Cyprus). This has to be done within 1 month of starting work.

Joseph [/quote]

Yes, there is such requirement but this is not a big problem[*]. The most important thing for me is that I have to register *after* I find a job and that my eployer does not have to fulfill additional formalities. This will rather not discourage an eployer to employ me. As I understand, when we sign an agreement, I just have to show him the cetificate issued by Home Office.

[*] Of course I hope that the certificate will cost less than 1000 pounds. :-)