ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation Letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry
haych10

Post by haych10 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:38 am

Someone help me please. I need to put in application for my husbands ILR soon. I need a letter from my parents to confim that we live with our parents and they don’t charge us any rent/board, bills etc…. and we continue to stay with them. I believe I need a solicitor to draw up this letter on behalf of my parents.

Any idea which solictors do this. WHAT IS THAT LETTER CALLED. A friend of mine told me that I need to get it attested from a professional body? Any advice is highly appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 19, 2010 2:27 pm

You don't need a letter drawn up by a solicitor. A letter signed from your parents will be sufficient. Do you have any documents/bills/letters addressed to you both at your parent's address?
You need 6 from 3 different categories spread over the 2 years.
Has your husband passed the Life in the UK test or completed an approved ESOL Citizens course?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 19, 2010 2:44 pm

haych10 wrote:Someone help me please. I need to put in application for my husbands ILR soon. I need a letter from my parents to confim that we live with our parents and they don’t charge us any rent/board, bills etc…. and we continue to stay with them. I believe I need a solicitor to draw up this letter on behalf of my parents.

Any idea which solictors do this. WHAT IS THAT LETTER CALLED. A friend of mine told me that I need to get it attested from a professional body? Any advice is highly appreciated.
Send me a pm with your email address and I will help you out. Its all free of charge. Dont waste money on solicitors 8)

haych10

Post by haych10 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:20 am

Hi Casa,

ok I shall ask my father to do that.
I have got letters for my hubby and myself spread over the two years and they are more than 6 Letters. but they don't contain any bills as we don't pay any rent/bills gas/ water rates etc.... I'm planning to write in the accomodation letter taht my parents don't charge us anything towards the house expenses which is correct. Will that be ok.

The letters we have are from the following categories, Bank, Nhs, local council, DVLA, opticians, thats's about it will this be accepted or do i need to give clear explanantion. erm... Our phones are on pay as you go so that won't help.

Any advice appeciated.

thanks,