ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation requirement time,please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

salim1
Newly Registered

Post by salim1 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:26 pm

Hello,

After my interview recently I was asked by ECO to provide a letter of landlord authorising me and my sponsor to stay in his property,where there is already a tenant,my friend,with whom we shall live temporary until we move to our home.

When my friend contacted his estate agency,they told him that they would write that he as a tenant allowed to invite us to live in his other spare bedroom for 2 months.The property is 2 bedroom flat and the tenant is the only occupier.I had already given tenancy agreement on first day to consulate.

Could you please tell me if the 2 months limit is OK and what would you advise?

Thanks a lot in advance.

transpondia

Post by transpondia » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:24 pm

Salim,

Regarding John's post in the other thread... I didn't ignore you, but you haven't said what sort of visa you have applied for and where. We can't just jump in and read minds, so why not describe your circumstances in a little more detail so that the forum can respond...

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:37 am

Salim,

You will need to ask the ECO about this, it is at their discretion whether to accept the 2 months letter or not, depending on your circumstances. If the ECO advises that the 2 months is insufficient, you will need to make further accommodation arrangements from now.

In my personal opnion, 2 months should suffice, you should explain that this is a temporary arrangement and you plan to look for permanent accommodation once in the UK. I know people who make hotel bookings for a couple of weeks and obtained long term (over 12 months) Entry Clearance.

Hope this helps mate.

salim1
Newly Registered

Post by salim1 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:40 am

Dear Smit,

Thank you very much for your interesting advice.

I shall do it and see the result.

Kind regards