ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult Dependent Visa-Can I apply for my mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mr Rony
Newly Registered

Adult Dependent Visa-Can I apply for my mother

Post by Mr Rony » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:02 pm

Hi Expert,
My mother is 68 years old and has been suffers from renal failure. She undergoes dialysis 2 times a week. She also suffered by Dementia and Parkinson’s disease and losing her memory. Sometimes she can’t recognize me or recall her name or my name. She can’t walk now and can’t perform everyday tasks, such as washing and cooking. She is suffering due to kidney problem around 4 years and dialysis start from last year. Before dialysis stage it was easy for my sister to look after but it’s very difficult for her to manage all of this and she doesn’t have any helping hands who can support her i.e. taking to the hospital for dialysis, caring , stay in hospital during critical time (when she is ill due to infection or other reasons) etc.
Old age homes are not culture or available where my mother lives. Traditionally, parents are look after by their son or family.

Can I apply for my mother for adult dependent visa (though she is a dialysis and Dementia patient)? Is there any chances for success for this application and what are the processing times now a days?

Please can anyone who are knowledgeable about this answer above question answers?

Your co-operation is highly appreciable.

Regards,
Rony

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Adult Dependent Visa-Can I apply for my mother

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 pm

The ADR visa is quite an hard visa to get if not impossible. This is due to the standard to be met and especially to the proof that equivalent and cheaper care is not available in the country where the adult Is presently.

Mr Rony
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Rony » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:45 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 pm
The ADR visa is quite an hard visa to get if not impossible. This is due to the standard to be met and especially to the proof that equivalent and cheaper care is not available in the country where the adult Is presently.
Hi,
Thanks for your response. I am a British Citizen and I have own home in UK. Where my mother lives there are very rare case of old age homes. I financially fully support to my mother for her treatment and that is also expensive and it cheaper here. But my sister is currently unable to take care her because she can't manage all of this alone. I have all the evidence.

Please can you answer my question:
Can I apply for my mother though she is in dialysis with Dementia and Parkinson’s disease patient?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:15 am

What country is your mother from?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mr Rony
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Rony » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:08 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:15 am
What country is your mother from?
Bangladesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:13 am

You will likely struggle to prove there is no care available or someone to look after her in Bangladesh, especially as she has family there and to hire help will be relatively inexpensive, especially given that the fact that you already provide for her financially by sending her money.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html

If you attempt this visa and it is refused, which it likely will be, it shuts the door to any future visit visa applications she might make.

There have been very few successes for this visa since the rules changed in July 2012 and those who have had the limited success, have only done so after very lengthy and very costly appeals processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mr Rony
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Rony » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:13 am
You will likely struggle to prove there is no care available or someone to look after her in Bangladesh, especially as she has family there and to hire help will be relatively inexpensive, especially given that the fact that you already provide for her financially by sending her money.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html

If you attempt this visa and it is refused, which it likely will be, it shuts the door to any future visit visa applications she might make.

There have been very few successes for this visa since the rules changed in July 2012 and those who have had the limited success, have only done so after very lengthy and very costly appeals processes.
Hi ,
Thanks. I know all the bits that you said . I know probably she will lost her memory fully within a year and probably will survive another couple of years. but you didn’t answer my question.
Please can your tell me that if the applicant is in dialysis and also suffered by Dementia , will be eligible to apply or not (is there any condition from medical ground )?
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:36 am

HO cannot discriminate due to illness.

Having said that, you would also have to complete form SU07, which means you will cover all costs/maintenance for your adult dependant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:48 am

You have indeed being answered with reference to peoples experiences for ADR application and that they very minute numbers who finally gets it happens after lengthy process.
Assurances can not be given.

Mr Rony
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Rony » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:56 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:36 am
HO cannot discriminate due to illness.

Having said that, you would also have to complete form SU07, which means you will cover all costs/maintenance for your adult dependant.
Thanks. I know I need to fill up SU07 , that’s the HO requirements. I can cover all the maintenance cost. I was confused that if someone have any critical medical conditions then they will be eligible to apply or not.
Thanks for your reply.