ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice required on wording and immigration history

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by Fififadi » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:10 am

Hi

Do you have an update on your situation? My spouse application is very similar to yours.

Have you had an outcome on your application?

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:10 am
Hi

Do you have an update on your situation? My spouse application is very similar to yours.

Have you had an outcome on your application?
Im glad to see I’m not the only one. I’m looking to submit the application within the next week and will be completely open and transparent and allow the HO to make a decision based on honesty.

What’s your situation? What have you chosen to do to help?

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by Fififadi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:27 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:50 pm
Fififadi wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:10 am
Hi

Do you have an update on your situation? My spouse application is very similar to yours.

Have you had an outcome on your application?
Im glad to see I’m not the only one. I’m looking to submit the application within the next week and will be completely open and transparent and allow the HO to make a decision based on honesty.

What’s your situation? What have you chosen to do to help?
We went for the honesty route too. We were completely transparent in our application and sent a cover letter also requesting the case to be viewed independently of previous immigration history, having understood and acknowledged how it can cast reservations when reviewing this application.

My husband was in the UK between 2010 and 2014 on a student visa. His student visa expired sometime in 2013 and he submitted for an extension which was refused. He appealed and it was refused and then had a JR which was denied. He then was detained but granted bail. He then left to go to ROI where he submitted a new application as family member of an EEA national (his brother is a UK citizen). This was declined due to insufficient evidence being submitted (no other reason). He appealed this and the appeal process was still ongoing since 2017. In the meantime, he left to go back to original country (Pakistan) we got married - and have now applied for a spouse visa and withdrawn the appeal in ROI.

I'm very scared as to the outcome, and praying for the best.

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:13 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:27 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:50 pm
Fififadi wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:10 am
Hi

Do you have an update on your situation? My spouse application is very similar to yours.

Have you had an outcome on your application?
Im glad to see I’m not the only one. I’m looking to submit the application within the next week and will be completely open and transparent and allow the HO to make a decision based on honesty.

What’s your situation? What have you chosen to do to help?
We went for the honesty route too. We were completely transparent in our application and sent a cover letter also requesting the case to be viewed independently of previous immigration history, having understood and acknowledged how it can cast reservations when reviewing this application.

My husband was in the UK between 2010 and 2014 on a student visa. His student visa expired sometime in 2013 and he submitted for an extension which was refused. He appealed and it was refused and then had a JR which was denied. He then was detained but granted bail. He then left to go to ROI where he submitted a new application as family member of an EEA national (his brother is a UK citizen). This was declined due to insufficient evidence being submitted (no other reason). He appealed this and the appeal process was still ongoing since 2017. In the meantime, he left to go back to original country (Pakistan) we got married - and have now applied for a spouse visa and withdrawn the appeal in ROI.

I'm very scared as to the outcome, and praying for the best.
That’s almost very similar to my husbands situation excluding the JR/detention.
Did you manage to withdraw the appeal with ROI? We tried to do that and they wouldn’t allow us to withdraw the appeal telling us it had to continue to clarify immigration history. So my husband left for his native country midst of the on going appeal.

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:19 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:03 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:20 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:26 pm


Thanks seagul. Is there any detriment to using the visa4uk? I ask as our solicitor has completed the form via visa4uk but I was recently made aware of the .gov site too and wondered if there’s a major issue in continuing use of visa4uk?
I don't think there will be any issue if application has been made through visa4uk because in near past it was the only site to apply. Since you have already so better to wait n see.
Seagul, please can I confirm if the following is sufficient?

1) Employers letter dated in July
2) Housing inspection reported dated July
3) July bank statement
4) July paper statement
5) Communication / evidence of up until August

Ideal date to submit by is 22 August as my pay date was 26 July

Am I on the right lines?
If you are planning to apply by 22nd August then your documents can be dated until 25th July to meet the 28 days requirement. communication evidence can be even until biometrics.

Hi Seagul

Please can you clarify something for me? Unfortunately I’m experiencing delays from the solicitors side in submitting the online application. Frustrated to say the least.

Am I right in thinking that if tomorrow / 23 August is the last date to submit payslip of 26 July... I will then have to wait for August’s payslip and paper statement?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78620
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:30 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 pm
Hi Seagul

Please can you clarify something for me? Unfortunately I’m experiencing delays from the solicitors side in submitting the online application. Frustrated to say the least.

Am I right in thinking that if tomorrow / 23 August is the last date to submit payslip of 26 July... I will then have to wait for August’s payslip and paper statement?
That would be a correct assumption yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:30 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 pm
Hi Seagul

Please can you clarify something for me? Unfortunately I’m experiencing delays from the solicitors side in submitting the online application. Frustrated to say the least.

Am I right in thinking that if tomorrow / 23 August is the last date to submit payslip of 26 July... I will then have to wait for August’s payslip and paper statement?
That would be a correct assumption yes.
Thanks CR001
Does that also mean that my employers letter and housing inspection report dates in July will be void?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78620
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:35 pm

Potentially yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:35 pm
Potentially yes.
Thank you again. In your experience on this forums have many applications hit a brick wall if housing inspection report and employers letter are out of date? I understand the need for the payslip/statement to be within 28 days but my circumstances haven’t changed since those two letters and I wonder if a statement confirming this would suffice? Or should I just request another copy if we miss tomorrow’s deadline?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78620
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Out of date documents would likely be ignored, as if they have not been submitted.

Housing inspection report should be ok. You should however get an up to date employer letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm
Out of date documents would likely be ignored, as if they have not been submitted.

Housing inspection report should be ok. You should however get an up to date employer letter.
Ah right I understand. It’ll probably just be the same letter with a new date on it. Thanks CR001. Let’s hope I can get it in in the next two days to avoid this situation.

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm
Out of date documents would likely be ignored, as if they have not been submitted.

Housing inspection report should be ok. You should however get an up to date employer letter.
CR001, if you don’t mind answering one more question. Does the 28 calendar day rule apply from day of online submission? Eg when I submit via Visa4UK?

Korekt
Senior Member
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 am
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by Korekt » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:37 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 pm
Am I right in thinking that if tomorrow / 23 August is the last date to submit payslip of 26 July...
You may have a few more days. Is 26 July the date payment was received?

Some wageslips may have a pay date, for example of 26 July, but cover the period 1 July to 31 July. In these cases the 28 days begins from the period end date. So 31 July, not 26 July, the date payment was received.

Check your wageslip.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Korekt wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:37 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 pm
Am I right in thinking that if tomorrow / 23 August is the last date to submit payslip of 26 July...
You may have a few more days. Is 26 July the date payment was received?

Some wageslips may have a pay date, for example of 26 July, but cover the period 1 July to 31 July. In these cases the 28 days begins from the period end date. So 31 July, not 26 July, the date payment was received.

Check your wageslip.
Ah I didn’t know this? I’m really confused with this 28 day rule anyway. But I’ve just checked...

It says period end date is 31 July 2019?
Pay date 26 July
Are you sure it starts from 31 July?

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10201
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:58 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm
Does the 28 calendar day rule apply from day of online submission? Eg when I submit via Visa4UK?
Yes
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm
It says period end date is 31 July 2019?
Pay date 26 July
Are you sure it starts from 31 July?
It will start from 31st July despite you get paid few days earlier.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:06 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:58 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm
Does the 28 calendar day rule apply from day of online submission? Eg when I submit via Visa4UK?
Yes
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm
It says period end date is 31 July 2019?
Pay date 26 July
Are you sure it starts from 31 July?
It will start from 31st July despite you get paid few days earlier.
Thank you both I feel pretty stupid now for such an obvious thing! So that means I have until the 28 August to have the online application submitted?

Korekt
Senior Member
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 am
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by Korekt » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:51 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:06 pm
Thank you both I feel pretty stupid now for such an obvious thing! So that means I have until the 28 August to have the online application submitted?
Correct.

And pay the fees.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Just thinking out loud
Is it possible to mix: official paper statements and stamped paper statement by the bank?

thinking that if I go past the 28th date, I can get an up to date stamped statement that will show my August wage so it will mean 5 official statements and one stamped?

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10201
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Yes you can mix both type of statements because they both are official versions. Out of interest as you have deployed a solicitor so are you cross checking or helping your solicitor?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:00 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:58 pm
Yes you can mix both type of statements because they both are official versions. Out of interest as you have deployed a solicitor so are you cross checking or helping your solicitor?
It Won’t be an issue as there won’t be consistency with format of documents?

Valid question! Cross checking Seagul- I’d rather make sure I’ve taken various opinions than to trust one word... Especially with the amount the application costs!

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:34 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:27 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:50 pm
Fififadi wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:10 am
Hi

Do you have an update on your situation? My spouse application is very similar to yours.

Have you had an outcome on your application?
Im glad to see I’m not the only one. I’m looking to submit the application within the next week and will be completely open and transparent and allow the HO to make a decision based on honesty.

What’s your situation? What have you chosen to do to help?
We went for the honesty route too. We were completely transparent in our application and sent a cover letter also requesting the case to be viewed independently of previous immigration history, having understood and acknowledged how it can cast reservations when reviewing this application.

My husband was in the UK between 2010 and 2014 on a student visa. His student visa expired sometime in 2013 and he submitted for an extension which was refused. He appealed and it was refused and then had a JR which was denied. He then was detained but granted bail. He then left to go to ROI where he submitted a new application as family member of an EEA national (his brother is a UK citizen). This was declined due to insufficient evidence being submitted (no other reason). He appealed this and the appeal process was still ongoing since 2017. In the meantime, he left to go back to original country (Pakistan) we got married - and have now applied for a spouse visa and withdrawn the appeal in ROI.

I'm very scared as to the outcome, and praying for the best.
Hi

Have you heard anything about your application?

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by Fififadi » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:15 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:34 pm
Fififadi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:27 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:50 pm
Fififadi wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:10 am
Hi

Do you have an update on your situation? My spouse application is very similar to yours.

Have you had an outcome on your application?
Im glad to see I’m not the only one. I’m looking to submit the application within the next week and will be completely open and transparent and allow the HO to make a decision based on honesty.

What’s your situation? What have you chosen to do to help?
We went for the honesty route too. We were completely transparent in our application and sent a cover letter also requesting the case to be viewed independently of previous immigration history, having understood and acknowledged how it can cast reservations when reviewing this application.

My husband was in the UK between 2010 and 2014 on a student visa. His student visa expired sometime in 2013 and he submitted for an extension which was refused. He appealed and it was refused and then had a JR which was denied. He then was detained but granted bail. He then left to go to ROI where he submitted a new application as family member of an EEA national (his brother is a UK citizen). This was declined due to insufficient evidence being submitted (no other reason). He appealed this and the appeal process was still ongoing since 2017. In the meantime, he left to go back to original country (Pakistan) we got married - and have now applied for a spouse visa and withdrawn the appeal in ROI.

I'm very scared as to the outcome, and praying for the best.
Hi

Have you heard anything about your application?
Hello.. no not yet. We have only received the initial e-mail to say the case is being considered.
What about you? How far have you gotten?

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:11 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:15 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:34 pm
Fififadi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:27 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:50 pm


Im glad to see I’m not the only one. I’m looking to submit the application within the next week and will be completely open and transparent and allow the HO to make a decision based on honesty.

What’s your situation? What have you chosen to do to help?
We went for the honesty route too. We were completely transparent in our application and sent a cover letter also requesting the case to be viewed independently of previous immigration history, having understood and acknowledged how it can cast reservations when reviewing this application.

My husband was in the UK between 2010 and 2014 on a student visa. His student visa expired sometime in 2013 and he submitted for an extension which was refused. He appealed and it was refused and then had a JR which was denied. He then was detained but granted bail. He then left to go to ROI where he submitted a new application as family member of an EEA national (his brother is a UK citizen). This was declined due to insufficient evidence being submitted (no other reason). He appealed this and the appeal process was still ongoing since 2017. In the meantime, he left to go back to original country (Pakistan) we got married - and have now applied for a spouse visa and withdrawn the appeal in ROI.

I'm very scared as to the outcome, and praying for the best.
Hi

Have you heard anything about your application?
Hello.. no not yet. We have only received the initial e-mail to say the case is being considered.
What about you? How far have you gotten?
I haven’t even got as far as submitting it yet - it’s stuck with solicitor which makes me anxious but I suppose it’s a waiting game. I’m hoping to submit it in the next two weeks (in an ideal world)

I can see you’ve updated the timeline post so I’ll keep an eye on that and see how you get on

Good luck!

ms1993
Member of Standing
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by ms1993 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Seagul, CR001 or any other experienced members

I’d recurved a phone call from my solicitor today telling me I need to supply evidence of communication from my husband’s side too to evidence that we are truly messaging each other.

I’ve asked my husband to do this to match the conversations up on both sides for the chat log and of course call log is only available up to one montj

Can you tell me if this is precautionary to have both sides or truly something the HO will check?

I’m starting to panic now and I’m not sure if this is just to be thorough

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78620
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice required on wording and immigration history

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:37 pm

Evidence of communication and subsisting relationship needs to show from both sides.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Locked
cron