ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any dependent on financial support

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Any dependent on financial support

Post by seagul » Wed May 29, 2019 4:31 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:38 pm
Thanks Seagul.
I assume as long as gross salary, tax deductions and amount credited to bank account is matched it should be Ok.
Pension deductions is I hope not important. Nevertheless my salary is well above threshold limit for finance.

Thanks again!
Yes correct
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:14 pm

Hello again,
One more question, please. I am completing the appendix 2 form and there is a question,

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK? Yes/No

My wife is a medical doctor and yes eventually she plans to work in the UK but nothing in the offing so far. She needs to pass an exam first (plab) to apply for registration with a license to practice.

I am unsure what the best way to explain this? Should I state yes and explain in the description? although she does not have any job offer nor eligible to practice legally.

Please let me know sooner! Many Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:30 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:14 pm
Hello again,
One more question, please. I am completing the appendix 2 form and there is a question,

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK? Yes/No

My wife is a medical doctor and yes eventually she plans to work in the UK but nothing in the offing so far. She needs to pass an exam first (plab) to apply for registration with a license to practice.

I am unsure what the best way to explain this? Should I state yes and explain in the description? although she does not have any job offer nor eligible to practice legally.

Please let me know sooner! Many Thanks.
Just reply yes that she will work. You can say that on arriving will see job market.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:15 pm

Hello,
I wish to pay for my wife NHS surcharge and on that surcharge form there are three options,
1) Applying alone
2) Coming to the UK with dependants
3) Applying to join somebody (a main applicant) in the UK

which one is appropriate for her? she would be applying alone but would be joining and I hold Indefinite leave to remain.
If I choose option 3 it comes out 2200£ and if I chose option 1 it comes out 1200£. I think 1200£ is correct based on 400£ per year as the visa will be valid for 33 months initially I assume.

Can someone please shed light on this? and please respond quickly as I intend to apply today. I shall be grateful.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Definitely option 1 applying alone
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:24 pm

Thank you very much.
But I chose option 3 first and then now I can't reset it, unfortunately, it does not let me go back.
Do I need to start a new application with a new email address?
I feel these options are so misleading as she will be joining me in the Uk of course?
What is the way out?
THANKS.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:27 pm

More so her visa route is a settlement and visa type wife or husband?

Thank you. Please let me know!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:58 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:27 pm
More so her visa route is a settlement and visa type wife or husband?

Thank you. Please let me know!
Yes. If applicant is wife then select wife. You might have to start new application with another email

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:59 pm

Thank you so much!

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:16 am

Hello,
I made the application online, paid health surcharge and standard application fees (12 weeks decision time).
Then the application website directed me to the vfsglobal website where I booked my slot and paid fees for scanning assistance, docs check, etc. But I could not see any link to self upload the docs. When I sign in with GWF number and email it does have an option below to upload docs but if I select that then I am redirected to changing/booking slots.
I have a booking on coming Friday and there are too many pages to be scanned ~200 odd. I have already self scanned 90% but no option to self-upload. I guess if we go to the biometric appointment then it will take forever to upload these pages???
Does anyone knows how to self-upload on the vfsglobal site??

Many Thanks.
Best Regards.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:44 am

zaf1 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:16 am
Hello,
I made the application online, paid health surcharge and standard application fees (12 weeks decision time).
Then the application website directed me to the vfsglobal website where I booked my slot and paid fees for scanning assistance, docs check, etc. But I could not see any link to self upload the docs. When I sign in with GWF number and email it does have an option below to upload docs but if I select that then I am redirected to changing/booking slots.
I have a booking on coming Friday and there are too many pages to be scanned ~200 odd. I have already self scanned 90% but no option to self-upload. I guess if we go to the biometric appointment then it will take forever to upload these pages???
Does anyone knows how to self-upload on the vfsglobal site??

Many Thanks.
Best Regards.
Few members have indicated that self uploading of documents work smoothly when applied through access UK instead vfsglobal.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 am

Thanks , i already submitted application on gov.uk website and after I finish I am redirected to vfsglobal. So how can I go to access uk and apply?

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Hello, I am submitted the docs and generated a check list here. I am exteremely grateful to people on this forum. I know there are few docs that are not really required but I just cant take risk with home office. Please suggest if I missed on something or anything important you may feel!
Many Thanks.
1) Proof of application
a) 1st page of submitted online application form
b) Supporting document checklist as generated after online application submission.
c) Filled Appendix 2 (VAF4A August 2018) financial requirement form.
2) Applicant Travel documents
a) Current Passport. Please note she changed her passport after Nikkah and husband name is included in this passport.
b) Old Passport II
c) Old Passport I
3) UK pre-departure Tuberculosis test certificate
4) Applicant Educational documents
a) Degree certificate issued April, 2016
b) House Job internship certificate I
c) House Job internship certificate II
d) Applicant Job experience letter
5) Applicant English Language requirement
a) UK NARIC letter to state the degree was taught in English and meets CEFR level B1 requirements along with degree certificate as mentioned in 4a).
b) Letter from University to state the medium of instruction for degree qualification was English.
c) IELTs life skills certificate CEFR level A1.
6) Sponsor documents
a) Support letter from sponsor
b) Sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12
c) Current Passport. Please note this include bio data pages and immigration stamped pages when sponsor travelled for wedding ceremonies.
d) Old Passport II. Please note this include bio data pages and immigration stamped pages when sponsor travelled for Nikkah (Islamic Marriage).
e) Old Passport I. Bio data pages
f) Biometric residence permit (settlement)
7) Sponsor employment documents
a) Current employment offer letter.
b) Letter from current employer to confirm employment details.
c) Salary slip from current employer (May, 2019).
d) Letter from previous employer to confirm employment details.
e) Salary slips from previous employer (from May 2018 to April 2019).
f) P60 forms for last four years.
8) Sponsor financial documents
a) Current Bank account statement from 15th May 2018 to 31st May 2019 (sheet number 346 to 414). This along with sponsor’s salary slips as mentioned in section 7c and 7e to reflect the salary credited in account.
b) ISA Bank account statement from 23rd April 2018 to 31st May 2019 (sheet number 16 to 28).
9) Proof of relationship
a) Marriage Certificate in English from NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority), Pakistan.
b) Husband name included in applicant passport as mentioned in section 2a.
c) Wedding ceremonies cards.
d) Receipt of hotel booking for wedding night.
e) Screenshots of Sponsor communication (Facebook messenger) with Applicant.
f) Screenshots of Applicant communication (Facebook messenger) with Sponsor.
g) Nikkah, wedding and family photos (23 in total).
h) Sponsor boarding passes for Nikkah and wedding ceremonies travel. This along with sponsor stamped (immigration) pages from passports as mentioned in section 6c and 6d.
i) Receipt of birthday gift from applicant to the sponsor.
10) Accommodation arrangements
a) Tenancy agreement and online (signature) completion certificate.
b) Letter from letting agent to confirm accommodation details and no objection on letting spouse stay.
c) Council tax letter.

Many Thanks. Do let me know if something missing or important asap.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Hello, all again!
I submitted my wife spouse visa application on 8th June and she enrolled biometrics on 14th June 2019.
She scanned all supporting docs and they were forwarded to UKVI on 14th June as well. She received an sms (text msg) to state application forwarded. During docs scanning, they returned her appendix 2 form (not scanned) and said this is no longer required and is just for guidance. I think in online application form they have already included appendix 2 questions anyway!

I want to ask if there is any way to check the application status. I had an email from the home office to confirm fees paid but not for application is under process or anything like that?
Just want to know if I can check somewhere what is the status of my application?

Many Thanks to all members again. Your useful advice has been very helpful to me!

Regards.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:39 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 pm
Hello, all again!
I submitted my wife spouse visa application on 8th June and she enrolled biometrics on 14th June 2019.
She scanned all supporting docs and they were forwarded to UKVI on 14th June as well. She received an sms (text msg) to state application forwarded. During docs scanning, they returned her appendix 2 form (not scanned) and said this is no longer required and is just for guidance. I think in online application form they have already included appendix 2 questions anyway!

I want to ask if there is any way to check the application status. I had an email from the home office to confirm fees paid but not for application is under process or anything like that?
Just want to know if I can check somewhere what is the status of my application?

Many Thanks to all members again. Your useful advice has been very helpful to me!

Regards.
Its too early to enquire about application status.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks Seagul,
I put 1st September as the date she wish to come to UK. May be in July sometime I will send an email to ask application status.
Generally, vfs staff were saying it will take 12 weeks full and other applicants had similar timeline suggestions as well. FINGERSCROSSED :lol:

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:14 am

Hello,
On 26th August I called home office helpline and enquire my wife visa status. They said decision has been made now local vfs office will contact you in few days for passport collection.

She has not received any sms/text or email for collection as of now from vfs.

I am just curious how long it takes ? Can I call back to confirm, I dont think they tell you the decision.

Many Thanks.

Regards

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:01 pm

They won’t tell you the decision, you have to wait to receive the letter for the decision. Be a bit more patient they will definitely reach you for collection.
Bizman

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:13 pm

Thanks Bizman,
Yes, I been a bit impatient :) If they are waiting for decision letter to arrive I hope it is issued for both been visa granted / refusal.

I really hope its granted!

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:16 pm

Waiting makes everyone anxious but you just have to be patient and hope for the best.
Bizman

zaf1
Pakistan

Visa refused for not meeting financial requirements

Post by zaf1 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:16 am

Hello,
Unfortunately, my spouse visa has been refused for not meeting financial requirement. I applied in category B and provided salary slips for both employers (previous and current employer) along with bank statement.
However, in the refusal letter it says that you have not provided payslips for previous employer although a letter of employment and bank statement are provided but payslips are missing.
This is so untrue as I provided the payslips as well. It is in the bundle my wife gave in vfs for scanning and she knows the sequence of scan and only appendix B was not scanned as they stated it is not required any more.
They scanned all payslips. I also provided P60 forms as evidence and even in my cover letter I mentioned all documents I provided.
For some reasons the immigration officer has overlooked the documents provided and could not find where the payslips are?
When my wife completed the scanning of docs she signed in the document checklist form and that was counter signed by vfs staff. However, it was not provided to her and they kept it and said this will be kept by us.
This is so frustrating.
What are my options now I have 28 days for appeal. I think in that process can I again upload salary slips that I previously provided. Or what wording should I use. Can I say please show me the checklist form?
I am absolutely gutted please help me with the best options :cry: :cry: :cry:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Visa refused for not meeting financial requirements

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:16 am
Hello,
Unfortunately, my spouse visa has been refused for not meeting financial requirement. I applied in category B and provided salary slips for both employers (previous and current employer) along with bank statement.
However, in the refusal letter it says that you have not provided payslips for previous employer although a letter of employment and bank statement are provided but payslips are missing.
This is so untrue as I provided the payslips as well. It is in the bundle my wife gave in vfs for scanning and she knows the sequence of scan and only appendix B was not scanned as they stated it is not required any more.
They scanned all payslips. I also provided P60 forms as evidence and even in my cover letter I mentioned all documents I provided.
For some reasons the immigration officer has overlooked the documents provided and could not find where the payslips are?
When my wife completed the scanning of docs she signed in the document checklist form and that was counter signed by vfs staff. However, it was not provided to her and they kept it and said this will be kept by us.
This is so frustrating.
What are my options now I have 28 days for appeal. I think in that process can I again upload salary slips that I previously provided. Or what wording should I use. Can I say please show me the checklist form?
I am absolutely gutted please help me with the best options :cry: :cry: :cry:
Had you sent 12 months of payslips (from present + previous employer)??

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Yes, I did send infact 13 months (12 months for previous employer May 2018 to April 2019) and one month for present employer.

Not sure how they missed it ?

They acknowledge bank statements (15 May 2018- 31 May 2019 slightly more than 12 months again) and previous employer letter.

I also provided P60 forms for past four months with same previous employer.

In case my salary slips were missing or not scanned why vfs staff not flagged that up during checklist tick, sign and counter sign. My wife was told all docs are complete and application submitted. Normally if something missing in checklist it is atleast mentioned to applicant. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:17 pm

I shall be extremely grateful to all of you.

Please advise me best option. I feel if I reapply it would mean I am guilty although not sure how long the appeal process could be but clearly I have slips I can send it again via email but they did not even bother to ask me.

I submitted a sponsor support letter as well with all submitted docs listed are previous salary slips were mentioned in it. It had my contact details as well in case something goes missing.

If vfs did not scan how can we be held responsible as my wife was not allowed to see screen to check what is really uploaded on system :cry: :cry: :cry:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:26 pm

If the payslips were correctly scanned and uploaded by VFS staff then it must be the error from UKVI side which is very similar to those when in near past the members send these through post. If that is the case then along with appealing lodged a complaint and ask for quick reconsideration. However, if you can afford then simply re-apply but this time scan the documents by yourself.