ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any dependent on financial support

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaf1
Pakistan

Docs for Spouse visa (with Indefinite leave to remain)

Post by zaf1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:02 pm

Hello, I recently got ILR and now will be switching job to a better position and new city.

I wish to apply visa for my spouse (not in Uk presently).

1) For adequate accommodation requirement will a studio flat be Ok? or better to have 1/2 bed house or flat?

2) What documents do I need to prove adequate accommodations? Will tenancy agreement with details about property sufficient? Should I get my wife name on a new tenancy agreement if that will be helpful?

3) For maintenance requirement can I furnish all my previous earning slips (6 months) and an employment contract with a new employer with salary details? or do I need to wait for 1-month salary slip to arrive?

Please let me know any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Docs for Spouse visa (with Indefinite leave to remain)

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:37 am

1. Studio flat will be fine
2. It is not mandatory that your partner name should be on tenancy agreement. Along with tenancy agreement you will also need landlord's/estate agent's noc letter giving permission to your partner to stay on arriving.
3. Preferably stay at your present job and apply under category A by supplying 6 months of payslips & bank statements (if you are with your employer from 6 months) or join new job and wait to get at least first payslip then apply under category B and supply 11 months payslips from old employer & 1 month from new employer along with 12 months of bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 am

Thanks for the response.

3) So, the problem, if I stay with a present employer, is that I am already serving notice period and now have an end date on my contract. It will imply that employment is bound to cease with any letter I may get in support of a spouse visa. Second, my present accommodation is not adequate as I am sharing a house (1 bed, 2 people living in total). If I apply in category B, do I need to get my 1st salary slip or can I apply with employment contract and previous 12 months salary slips, P60s for five years etc...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:26 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 am
Thanks for the response.

3) So, the problem, if I stay with a present employer, is that I am already serving notice period and now have an end date on my contract. It will imply that employment is bound to cease with any letter I may get in support of a spouse visa.
That's fine, apply under category B.
zaf1 wrote:
Second, my present accommodation is not adequate as I am sharing a house (1 bed, 2 people living in total).
Better is studio flat which you have already planned
zaf1 wrote:
If I apply in category B, do I need to get my 1st salary slip or can I apply with employment contract and previous 12 months salary slips, P60s for five years etc...
Preferably wait until you gets your first payslip then add your previous 11 months of payslip with old employer. Don't attach P60 rather employer letter with/without employment contract should be sufficient. You will also need 12 months of bank statements to show salary deposit/credit.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaf1
Pakistan

Where to send Docs for Spouse visa (with Indefinite leave to remain)

Post by zaf1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Hello,
I got my ILR visa recently, I wish to apply for my spouse to come over to the UK. I am changing job and will start a new job from 1st May 2019. I am planning to apply after 1-month salary is received from my new employer via category B with 12 months salary slips/bank statements.

I can see that from overseas (Pakistan) you can only apply online.

1) But I want to know where I will need to send supporting documents? My documents e.g salary slips, bank statements, employer letters? There is a link https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/how-to-apply which is suggesting that once you made the application you can scan and upload supporting documents from home. Is this correct?

2) For my wife does she need to send her passport and other documents from Pakistan? or she can also scan and upload them?

Please help I am grateful to all people on this forum and this forum been very helpful to me.

Thanks.

zaf1
Pakistan

Re: Where to send Docs for Spouse visa (with Indefinite leave to remain)

Post by zaf1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:54 am

Can anyone please comment?

Thanks

zaf1
Pakistan

Re: Where to send Docs for Spouse visa (with Indefinite leave to remain)

Post by zaf1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:06 pm

Can anyone please suggest who may have applied recently for the spouse visa? or someone with knowledge/experience?

Many Thanks.

zaf1
Pakistan

Spouse visa (joining partner in the UK)

Post by zaf1 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Hello,
I want to know for the spouse visa application made from Pakistan. How I must send the supporting documents to the home office. Some of the documents related to my wife like her passport, marriage certificate, IELTS certificate, TB Test, etc are with her. Does she need to send me and I submit along with all my documents e.g salary slips, bank statements, etc?

There is a link https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/vacs/ ... -documents
suggesting following,
If you are applying for a settlement visa, there are three options for submission of supporting documents:
For a fee you can, at any stage in the process, opt for the Document Scanning Assistance Service at the Visa Application Centre.
You can self-upload supporting documents without additional charge. If you wish to self-upload your supporting documents, you should refer to the document checklist you have received as part of your online application. Has anyone used this new service?
Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK for a fee of £75 per application payable in cash or with a debit card.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa (joining partner in the UK)

Post by bizman » Sat May 04, 2019 8:16 pm

The instruction will s straight forward, you can scan the documents on her behalf and when she go for her appointment she can simply take copies along.
Bizman

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Many Thanks, Bizman for a response I greatly appreciate.

Does this mean I do not have to submit any document myself in the UK? Simple scan all documents and submit online with my wife application?

I want to know if anyone has used this service before just to be assured?

Thanks again!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 04, 2019 8:24 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:21 pm
Many Thanks, Bizman for a response I greatly appreciate.

Does this mean I do not have to submit any document myself in the UK? Simple scan all documents and submit online with my wife application?

I want to know if anyone has used this service before just to be assured?

Thanks again!
There are many latest threads about it. Scroll down and read.

zaf1
Pakistan

Spouse visa from Pakistan (relationship proof)

Post by zaf1 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Hello,
I am on ILR and want to apply for my wife to come over to the UK on a spouse visa. She is my cousin and we had a Nikkah (Islamic marriage on the paper/certificate) in December 2016 but the wedding ceremony was held in March 2019. She was working in the period between December 2016 and March 2019 while I was on tier 2 in the UK and we decided to get married (performed ceremony) in March 2019 due to the family and other reasons. The marriage was a combination of arranged and loved. I am not sure what to state in the VaF4A appendix.
My question is regarding these questions in Vaf4A appendix,

1.3 When did you first meet your sponsor in person? >>>>>> I know her from childhood and I was in the UK since 2009 should I say I met her before 2009 or earlier date?
1.4 Where did you first meet in person? Should I say before 2009 or December 2016
1.5 When did your relationship begin? Should I say December 2016? I have chat logs (facebook messenger) screenshots as a mode of communication from December 2016 onwards I can include my travel tickets for Nikkah, photographs and other photos of wedding ceremony together with the travel tickets
1.6 How often do you meet? I met her in December 2016 and March 2019 in person and keep in contact via messenger regularly what should I state here? whenever I visit Pakistan?
1.7 When did you last see your sponsor? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> last met in March 2019
1.8 How do you keep in touch with your sponsor? facebook messenger chats/calls

Lastly, should I say arrange marriage or not? I am confused as I am not sure what it means to be a arranged marriage?

Jhelumi
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa from Pakistan (relationship proof)

Post by Jhelumi » Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 am

zaf1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:48 pm
Hello,
I am on ILR and want to apply for my wife to come over to the UK on a spouse visa. She is my cousin and we had a Nikkah (Islamic marriage on the paper/certificate) in December 2016 but the wedding ceremony was held in March 2019. She was working in the period between December 2016 and March 2019 while I was on tier 2 in the UK and we decided to get married (performed ceremony) in March 2019 due to the family and other reasons. The marriage was a combination of arranged and loved. I am not sure what to state in the VaF4A appendix.

1.3 When did you first meet your sponsor in person? >>>>>> I know her from childhood and I was in the UK since 2009 should I say I met her before 2009 or earlier date?
1.4 Where did you first meet in person? Should I say before 2009 or December 2016
1.5 When did your relationship begin? Should I say December 2016? I have chat logs (facebook messenger) screenshots as a mode of communication from December 2016 onwards I can include my travel tickets for Nikkah, photographs and other photos of wedding ceremony together with the travel tickets
1.6 How often do you meet? I met her in December 2016 and March 2019 in person and keep in contact via messenger regularly what should I state here? whenever I visit Pakistan?

Lastly, should I say arrange marriage or not? I am confused as I am not sure what it means to be a arranged marriage?
Hello,

1.3 - I think this question is mainly referring to the date when you went to meet her for a relationship i.e. first day you landed in Pakistan (if she came to the airport) or when you first met her at her house, etc.
1.4 - Pakistan.
1.5 - Date of the Nikkah.
1.6 - Dates you visited her in Pakistan since Nikkah.
1.7 - The last time you were in Pakistan, ie. date of your flight back to the UK.
1.8 - Social Media

1.14 - Tick yes and write next to it "with our consent".

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 am

Jhelumi wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 am
zaf1 wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

1.3 - I think this question is mainly referring to the date when you went to meet her for a relationship i.e. first day you landed in Pakistan (if she came to the airport) or when you first met her at her house, etc.
1.4 - Pakistan.
1.7 - The last time you were in Pakistan, ie. date of your flight back to the UK.
1.8 - Social Media

Out of curiosity, why do you suggest to write with our consent? I simply ticked the arranged marriage box

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Mon May 13, 2019 10:56 am

Heythereitsme wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 am
Jhelumi wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 am
zaf1 wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

1.4 - Pakistan.
1.8 - Social Media

Out of curiosity, why do you suggest to write with our consent? I simply ticked the arranged marriage box
Hello,

Home Office wants the applicant to declare that he/she is happy with the marriage and hasn't been forced into it. That's how I was told that this particular section must be completed in.

However, I've not heard anyone say they have faced issues because the wordings "with our consent" was not mentioned on the VAF4A Form. Neither would anyone know they were being interviewed or extra scrutiny applied to their application because of the lack of these wordings.

zaf1
Pakistan

APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A August 2018) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM

Post by zaf1 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Hello,
I am applying for a wife to come over to the UK (Spouse visa) and I am on ILR considered settled. I know in addition to the application form, I have to fill.
APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A August 2018) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM. (who needs to fill this? Sponsor (Me from UK) or my wife)

But is there any other form as well? It is stated in Appendix 2 "You MUST also complete and submit the main Personal Details Form (VAF4A). Failure to do so will delay your application"
[/glow]
And do I need to fill Sponsor undertaking SU07/12 for a spouse visa?

Many Thanks.

Best Regards.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A August 2018) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM

Post by seagul » Mon May 13, 2019 6:24 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:39 pm

But is there any other form as well? It is stated in Appendix 2 "You MUST also complete and submit the main Personal Details Form (VAF4A). Failure to do so will delay your application"
[/glow]
And do I need to fill Sponsor undertaking SU07/12 for a spouse visa?

Many Thanks.

Best Regards.
VAF4A is the online application form which you have to fill initially. SU07/12 form is not needed.

zaf1
Pakistan

Ielts for Spouse visa

Post by zaf1 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello, I am filling my spouse visa forum on access gov.uk site,

My wife has passed IELTS for life skills with CEFR A1 level

But there is a question about English test in the online form as,
Have you passed an approved English language test? (Required) YES
Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher? Shall I say NO

This is confusing as she did pass the required level which is A1 why the question is asking for B1 or higher?

zaf1
Pakistan

Any dependent on financial support

Post by zaf1 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Hello,
I am filling my wife spouse visa application and there is one question.

Does anyone rely on your sponsor for financial support?

I will be applying under category 3B as I switched job recently and my salary had small increments over time (less than 10%) from the previous employer as well but in all cases was well above the 18600£ requirement.

So, I need to furnish 12 months salary slips with bank statements which shows salary been credited.

I send some money to my family overseas via western union it was mainly for the wedding ceremony arrangements and occasionally I send some money to my family as a gift. No one is financially dependent on me permanently but on some occassions, I do send money. So Shall I say no one relies on me for financial support or do I need to explain some transactions which are for wedding arrangements? As I do not send a set amount of money but only on special occasions or some specific things ??

I am extremely grateful to all members on this forum for very insightful comments and cant thank enough.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Any dependent on financial support

Post by seagul » Sat May 18, 2019 10:39 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm
Hello,
I am filling my wife spouse visa application and there is one question.

Does anyone rely on your sponsor for financial support?

I will be applying under category 3B as I switched job recently and my salary had small increments over time (less than 10%) from the previous employer as well but in all cases was well above the 18600£ requirement.

So, I need to furnish 12 months salary slips with bank statements which shows salary been credited.
Yes 12 months of payslips and corresponding bank statements under category B.
zaf1 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm
I send some money to my family overseas via western union it was mainly for the wedding ceremony arrangements and occasionally I send some money to my family as a gift. No one is financially dependent on me permanently but on some occassions, I do send money. So Shall I say no one relies on me for financial support or do I need to explain some transactions which are for wedding arrangements? As I do not send a set amount of money but only on special occasions or some specific things ??

I am extremely grateful to all members on this forum for very insightful comments and cant thank enough.

answer would be 'No'

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:43 pm

Thanks Seagul again.

And you were mentioning not to give P60 for spouse visa but in the online application it does come up as an optional document that you can submit. P60 is clearly mentioned.

I think in the online application they have merged appendix 2 form as well in one form.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun May 19, 2019 4:54 am

zaf1 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:43 pm
optional document

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Ielts for Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sun May 19, 2019 4:57 am

zaf1 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:33 pm
Hello, I am filling my spouse visa forum on access gov.uk site,

My wife has passed IELTS for life skills with CEFR A1 level

But there is a question about English test in the online form as,
Have you passed an approved English language test? (Required) YES
Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher? Shall I say NO

This is confusing as she did pass the required level which is A1 why the question is asking for B1 or higher?
Maybe by mistake you filling set M

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:38 am

No I am filling Appendix FM patner form and other questions are in accordance!

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:00 am

In the email link I get it says,

Use this link to sign in to your application:

Apply to enter the UK as a partner