ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone experienced with UK Family of Settled Person visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DanVex06
Newly Registered
Mood:

Anyone experienced with UK Family of Settled Person visa?

Post by DanVex06 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:01 am

Dear group members,

My US fiancée and I have been planning for her to move to the UK for quite some time now and one thing we're really struggling with understanding is what actually qualifies as "proof".
We've been told chat logs are important, others have told us that photos and videos dated are enough, some have even told us that written confirmation from others is enough.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Or have any advice that could help?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Anyone experienced with UK Family of Settled Person visa?

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am

Photos of you together, evidence of travel, chat logs. Videos are not accepted. Letters from other are also don't have any weight as anyone can write anything you ask them to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DanVex06
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DanVex06 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am
Photos of you together, evidence of travel, chat logs. Videos are not accepted. Letters from other are also don't have any weight as anyone can write anything you ask them to.
Is there anything specific the chatlogs would need to contain? Or is it just a general thing to ensure the individuals have been in contact?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:48 pm

DanVex06 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am
Is there anything specific the chatlogs would need to contain? Or is it just a general thing to ensure the individuals have been in contact?
No specific detail, what you present should be spread over the duration of the relationship. Evidence of communication eg emails letters (if you still do such), cards, exchange of gifts the receipts, flight tickets to visit each other etc