ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator

Locked
Evangel12
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:58 am
Ghana

Appeal

Post by Evangel12 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:12 am

Hi
I applied for UK spouse visa in October, 2019 and I was refused on December, 2020. The reason for the refusal was I don’t meet the minimum requirements of the the threshold £18600. However my wife salary per annum exceeds that threshold. The Eco made a mistake by quoting a figure which does not exist on my wife salary slip and on any financial documents sent to HO. Our lawyer advise us to appeal for the decision on the ground that the Eco made a mistake. The appeal has been logged and within two weeks they responded by deducting the appeal fees. The appeal lodged is hearing which our lawyer considered. And I know this takes months. Please I I want to know if they will do a review before the hearing so that my case will not be taken to court for hearing when appeal is lodged.

User avatar
Amber
Moderator
Posts: 17236
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am
Location: England, UK
Mood:

Re: Appeal

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:29 am

You should also write to the Entry Clearance Manager and outline why the ECO erred, see if they will lapse the appeal and revise their decision favourably which can happen.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Evangel12
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:58 am
Ghana

Re: Appeal

Post by Evangel12 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:59 am

Please where can I get the address to email the ECM. Can I do this my self or I will need the lawyer to do that?

User avatar
Amber
Moderator
Posts: 17236
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am
Location: England, UK
Mood:

Re: Appeal

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:08 pm

Evangel12 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:59 am
Please where can I get the address to email the ECM. Can I do this my self or I will need the lawyer to do that?
In which Country and City did you apply from?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Nabeel121
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Re: Appeal

Post by Nabeel121 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:24 pm

This is exactly what happened in my case. ECO quoted a figure which doesn’t even exist and I earn near enough £20k per annum. I appealed in October and received notice of appeal in November. Not heard anything since. Please do let me know how you get on.

Evangel12
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:58 am
Ghana

Re: Appeal

Post by Evangel12 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:08 am

Amber wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:08 pm
Evangel12 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:59 am
Please where can I get the address to email the ECM. Can I do this my self or I will need the lawyer to do that?
In which Country and City did you apply from?
Please my lawyer did the application in the Uk since my wife handed everything to her.

I am in Ghana. I submitted my passport and my test from Ghana to the TLS (agent working for HO here in Ghana).

Sab_14
BANNED
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:35 am

Re: Appeal

Post by Sab_14 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:12 am

If I am not mistaken, you both don't have to be earning the £18,600.
Only the person sponsoring needs to earn that?

Evangel12
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:58 am
Ghana

Re: Appeal

Post by Evangel12 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:13 am

Nabeel121 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:24 pm
This is exactly what happened in my case. ECO quoted a figure which doesn’t even exist and I earn near enough £20k per annum. I appealed in October and received notice of appeal in November. Not heard anything since. Please do let me know how you get on.
Hi Nabeel

I’m also waiting after hearing from them in two weeks after the application.

I am still waiting to hear from them.

Evangel12
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:58 am
Ghana

Re: Appeal

Post by Evangel12 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:56 pm

Sab_14 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:12 am
If I am not mistaken, you both don't have to be earning the £18,600.
Only the person sponsoring needs to earn that?
Yes, my wife annual salary exceeds that threshold (£18600).

Locked
cron