ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appendix FLR (M) Application (Partner + 3 Children), Querying Child Over 18 Years Old

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Needo
Mood:
Pakistan

Appendix FLR (M) Application (Partner + 3 Children), Querying Child Over 18 Years Old

Post by Needo » Wed May 31, 2023 1:19 pm

Respected All Members,
This forum has helped me a lot over the years and learnt many things here on this forum.
Again I am about to apply for the extension of Wife and Children Visa on FLR (M) as they were granted entry clearance on Appendix FM Partner (Standard) and Appendix FM (Child) Dependant back in 2020.
Now I am struggling to find an answer to a specific question.
My Eldest son was under 18 when he was initially granted Entry clearance. Now when I was filling up the application for extension, for the maintenance purpose it was calculating the total income of £24800 (For partner and 3 Children) which I believe can not be correct. As per my understandings of the sponsor requirement is £18600 for the Spouse, £3800 for the 1st Child and then £2400 for the 2nd Child and £2400 for the 3rd Child. So I believe the total required earning to sponsor their application is £27200 and more per year.
So I think the system did not consider my eldest child as my dependant?
If yes then how should I include him in the application?
Application is already filled but how do I tell the case worker that he was initially granted entry when he was under 18 and now he is over 18 but still dependant on us?
I appreciate any help and thank all of you in advance.

Below is their Entry Clearance application history
Application level: Non Priority
Visa Type: Appendix FM Spouse (Wife)+(3 Children)
Application submitted (Online): 09/08/2020
Documents - Uploaded onto VFS: 09/08/2020
Biometrics enrolled: 07/09/2020
Email Confirmation Received from ECO: N/A
Contact made with Sponsor: N/A
Contact made with Employer: N/A
Contacted for Collection by Email: 28/10/2020
Passport Collected: 29/10/2020
Decision: Visa Granted (3 months Expiry date)
Visa Valid Untill: 23-07-2023

Needo
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Appendix FLR (M) Application (Partner + 3 Children), Querying Child Over 18 Years Old

Post by Needo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:44 pm

Hello Members
Can any one shed some light on the below question.
Needo wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:19 pm
Respected All Members,
This forum has helped me a lot over the years and learnt many things here on this forum.
Again I am about to apply for the extension of Wife and Children Visa on FLR (M) as they were granted entry clearance on Appendix FM Partner (Standard) and Appendix FM (Child) Dependant back in 2020.
Now I am struggling to find an answer to a specific question.
My Eldest son was under 18 when he was initially granted Entry clearance. Now when I was filling up the application for extension, for the maintenance purpose it was calculating the total income of £24800 (For partner and 3 Children) which I believe can not be correct. As per my understandings of the sponsor requirement is £18600 for the Spouse, £3800 for the 1st Child and then £2400 for the 2nd Child and £2400 for the 3rd Child. So I believe the total required earning to sponsor their application is £27200 and more per year.
So I think the system did not consider my eldest child as my dependant?
If yes then how should I include him in the application?
Application is already filled but how do I tell the case worker that he was initially granted entry when he was under 18 and now he is over 18 but still dependant on us?
I appreciate any help and thank all of you in advance.

Below is their Entry Clearance application history
Application level: Non Priority
Visa Type: Appendix FM Spouse (Wife)+(3 Children)
Application submitted (Online): 09/08/2020
Documents - Uploaded onto VFS: 09/08/2020
Biometrics enrolled: 07/09/2020
Email Confirmation Received from ECO: N/A
Contact made with Sponsor: N/A
Contact made with Employer: N/A
Contacted for Collection by Email: 28/10/2020
Passport Collected: 29/10/2020
Decision: Visa Granted (3 months Expiry date)
Visa Valid Untill: 23-07-2023

Needo
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Appendix FLR (M) Application (Partner + 3 Children), Querying Child Over 18 Years Old

Post by Needo » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:06 am

Respected Members,
On Saturday the 29th July I received below email from FLRM Validate regarding the FLRM application for my wife with 3 children, which has confused me a lot.
Below is the email followed by my questions if any one could help answering those questions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, but due to further checks needed on your case we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.
If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.
If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.
We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.
We appreciate your patience at this time.

Now my questions are
1. Is this an automated/generic email received at the end of 8 weeks time from the date of application?
1. The application was submitted on 03-06-2023 and UKVCAS was attended for bio metric enrolment on 20-06-2023. As per my understanding the standard service time required to decide this application starts after the bio metric enrolment. Am I right?
2. If I consider 8 weeks from the bio metric enrolment date then I should receive such email on or around 15th of August. Right?
3. Is there any thing to worry about or is it normal that they require more time to consider/decide the application?
4. So keeping in view the above dates when can I contact the Home Office for updates on my family's case?
Any help with these questions is highly appreciated and I look forward to have your comments soon.

Best Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:44 am

Needo wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:06 am
Respected Members,
On Saturday the 29th July I received below email from FLRM Validate regarding the FLRM application for my wife with 3 children, which has confused me a lot.
Below is the email followed by my questions if any one could help answering those questions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, but due to further checks needed on your case we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.
If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.
If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.
We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.
We appreciate your patience at this time.

Now my questions are
1. Is this an automated/generic email received at the end of 8 weeks time from the date of application?
1. The application was submitted on 03-06-2023 and UKVCAS was attended for bio metric enrolment on 20-06-2023. As per my understanding the standard service time required to decide this application starts after the bio metric enrolment. Am I right?
2. If I consider 8 weeks from the bio metric enrolment date then I should receive such email on or around 15th of August. Right?
3. Is there any thing to worry about or is it normal that they require more time to consider/decide the application?
4. So keeping in view the above dates when can I contact the Home Office for updates on my family's case?
Any help with these questions is highly appreciated and I look forward to have your comments soon.

Best Regards

Most probably an auto mail which was sent inadvertently quite early, why? I can not tell.
The message said not be be concerned and need not do a thing.

You can contact that after 6months.

Needo
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Needo » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:56 am

Thanks Amazonian
As you know the service standard time to decide FLRM application is 8 weeks so do we still need to wait for 6 months before we start chasing them??? Is this is what you meant?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:07 am

Needo wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:56 am
Thanks Amazonian
As you know the service standard time to decide FLRM application is 8 weeks so do we still need to wait for 6 months before we start chasing them??? Is this is what you meant?
8weeks was ages ago pre-Covid, it takes up to 6 months now and if no response by 6th month then chase up.

Needo
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Needo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:30 pm

Hi All members,
I apologies in advance to ask this question as this might have been answered somewhere which I struggled to find but could not find.
I applied for my wife and 3 children FLR M extension on 03-06-2023 and enrolled bio metric on 20-06-2023. As per my previous post received an email from FLR M Validate advising their inability to conclude the application with in the time frame. I know it can take up to 6 months to decide these applications but is there any email address or contact address to chase/ask the home office about the progress of the application?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:16 pm

Needo wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:30 pm
Hi All members,
I apologies in advance to ask this question as this might have been answered somewhere which I struggled to find but could not find.
I applied for my wife and 3 children FLR M extension on 03-06-2023 and enrolled bio metric on 20-06-2023. As per my previous post received an email from FLR M Validate advising their inability to conclude the application with in the time frame. I know it can take up to 6 months to decide these applications but is there any email address or contact address to chase/ask the home office about the progress of the application?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
You won't get a response even if you reached out till 6months with no decision is reached.