ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply visa to settle with family who are british citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mukdeep
Newly Registered

Apply visa to settle with family who are british citizen

Post by mukdeep » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi,
I came to UK in 2014 after finishing my boarding school in Inida to do bachelors degree. I stayed with my mother, younger brother and step-father. After completed my studies, i really wanted to stay with mmy parent as there is no one in India for me. So we applied the FLR with Human Rights applicaiton but want successful. since then my application is with home office and not sure what to do.

Please find below my personal details.

I born in 1995 and my mother got separated from her ex husband in 2000. Since then my step-father took the responsibility and was taking care of us for everything. I have got my twin brother. Since we were 5 years, my step-father was taking care of our family. My mother and step-father got married in 2004 and my younger brother born in 2006. My mother and step-father with my younger brother came to UK in 2008 putting both myself and my twin brother in boarding school in India. My mother , step-father and younger brother got british citizenship. When we were young, unfortunately my mom and step-father forgot to adopt us. So we coud get citizenship now. After we finished the schooling, my parents brought us here for further studies.

I really dont want to leave my family anymore. Moreover i dont have anyone in INdia. Can anyone please help me whether my mother and step-father can make application to home office for my settlement here. Because my mother is a patient, i am the only person who take care of her and also my younger brother is very affectionate with me.

Atleast if i get some kind of visa, i can do my masters degree.

We need more advice on this

Appreciate if anyone can help me on this? As mentioned above, when i applied for FLR(Human Right...) i didnt mentioned about my family here. So this time i want to apply mentioning about my mother and step-father.

Many Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Apply visa to settle with family who are british citizen

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Hello

What's your age now?

What's the citizenship of your parents?

I am asking your these questions but I don't have a lot of faith in you finding any positive outcome with the Home Office.

The immigration system in the UK is really tough. Being illegal 5 years doesn't open any right really.

The debate is not about you are better in the UK than India. This is something easily accepted. But even with that, it doesn't lead to an immigration option. Otherwise 1 billion people+ would qualify to UK immigration because they can demonstrate that they are better in the UK than where they live. You need to find stronger reasons.

Your options at the moment are narrow really.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:28 pm
What's your age now?

Stated already. Born in 1995 so 24/25 years old. From India, mother and step father (not adopted the op) are British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mukdeep
Newly Registered

Post by mukdeep » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:14 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:28 pm
Hello

What's your age now?

As already mentioned, i born in 1995 and my parents are British Citizens. I am not illegal for 5 years. I applied FLR (Human rights) application in 2017 but didnt received favourable reply. Now my passports are with Home Office. I really want to continue here to study or any kind of legal stay with my parents. I finished my studies in 2017.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:15 pm

mukdeep wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:36 pm
As mentioned above, when i applied for FLR(Human Right...) i didnt mentioned about my family here. So this time i want to apply mentioning about my mother and step-father.

Many Thanks
As far as I know, all visa applications ask for family and friends in the UK.

What did you state about this in your Tier 4 application?

What did you state in the FLR application regarding family and friends in the UK? That you have none? On what basis had you applied for FLR if not your family?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:15 pm

ALKB wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:15 pm
mukdeep wrote:
As mentioned above, when i applied for FLR(Human Right...) i didnt mentioned about my family here. So this time i want to apply mentioning about my mother and step-father.

Many Thanks
As far as I know, all visa applications ask about family and friends in the UK.

What did you state in the FLR application regarding family and friends in the UK? That you have none? On what basis had you applied for FLR if not your family?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

mukdeep
Newly Registered

Post by mukdeep » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:59 pm

ALKB wrote:
ALKB wrote:
mukdeep wrote:

Many Thanks
As far as I know, all visa applications ask about family and friends in the UK.

submitted FLR in UK before the expiry of leave by submitting an FLR (HRO) application.
I requested the secretary of the state to extend my leave to remain and modify the condition
with a right to switch over to another category of visa on excpetion and compassionate grounds,
and on human rights. I al so claimed that I do not have any relatives in India
and apprehended gender based violence against me in India. In the application I
clearly mentioned that I do not have any family or relatives in India.

I mentioned that my entire family is here without mentioning in detail my whole family background.