ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Covee

APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi,

My spouse and I are aiming to apply for the UK Spouse Visa in the next couple of weeks.

For accomodation we will be living with my mother.
The house is owned by my mother and is mortgaged.

I have my mother's mortgage statement with her name on it but I do not have Title deeds.

Do I need BOTH title deeds and mortgage statement to prove she owns the property or will the mortgage statement be enough?

I also already have:
- an NOC letter from my mother stating we can both stay without paying bills
- Council tax bill with my mother's name and address showing full tax being paid
- Inspection letter from the council to say the house will not be overcrowded and is safe etc. to accommodate my wife and bedroom is >10m2

I am British Citizen. Wife is from India. We got married in India.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Covee

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Additionally what is the validity for the A1 Life Skills IELTS, is this 2 years?

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:50 pm

Below is the NOC letter, is this sufficient?

"Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Sponsorship of [Wife Name]
RE: [ADDRESS]

I am the owner of the above property (i.e. [ADDRESS) and I offer rent and bill free accommodation to my son XXXXXX and my daughter-in-law, XXXXX, indefinitely.
There is no mandatory contribution required towards monthly housing costs or Council Tax costs as part of this offer of accommodation.
To confirm I can make this offer I have provided; my mortgage statement, council tax bill and passport copy. A property inspection letter has also been provided to evidence the proposed bedroom is of adequate size.
I trust the above is satisfactory and if you require anything further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,"

Below is letter from my council for the property inspection

"Dear Mr [MY NAME]
Housing Act 2004
Re: Sponsorship of XXXXX
Re: [ADDRESS]
Further to your request, I can confirm that I have carried out an inspection of the above property in order to assess its suitability to accommodate [WIFE NAME]
The premises are a mid-terrace three storey dwelling and the property comprises of four bedrooms, a lounge, dining room, Spam and bathroom.
The proposed bedroom has a floor area of 13.8m2 and exceeds the statutory floor area of 10.2m2 for a double bedroom. Therefore, the bedroom is considered more than adequate to accommodate [WIFE NAME].
I understand the persons in residence at present are:
[MY NAME] [DOB] Male
[Mother] [DOB] Female (owner of the property)
[MY SISTER] [DOB] Female
I can confirm that when assessed under the Housing Act 2004 and under part 10 of the Housing Act 1985 the property will not be statutorily overcrowded and has sufficient provision for sleeping accommodation and other facilities within these premises to comfortably accommodate [WIFE NAME].
I trust this information is sufficient for your purposes, but should you require any further details please do not hesitate to contact me."

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:02 pm

Also my wife and I travelled together to Dubai from India. Being an Indian my wife was granted a UAE tourist visa, which was an eVisa printed on paper rather than a visa in her passport.

She has the entry and exit stamps in her passport which we can submit in the visa application, do we also need to include the eVisa paper or only show the entry and exit stamps in her passport?

Thanks

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:06 pm

And how are documents submitted, is this all scanned online onto a website?

Thanks again

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:06 pm

All above is fine for meeting the accomodation requirement. A1/A2/B1 all tests are valid for 2 years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:06 pm
All above is fine for meeting the accomodation requirement. A1/A2/B1 all tests are valid for 2 years.
Thanks seagul, I am a long time admirer of your work! ;)

Covee

Post by Covee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:24 am

Covee wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:02 pm
Also my wife and I travelled together to Dubai from India. Being an Indian my wife was granted a UAE tourist visa, which was an eVisa printed on paper rather than a visa in her passport.

She has the entry and exit stamps in her passport which we can submit in the visa application, do we also need to include the eVisa paper or only show the entry and exit stamps in her passport?

Thanks

Anyone?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:26 am

Covee wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:24 am
Covee wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:02 pm

Thanks

Anyone?
If you wish then may include it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Covee

Post by Covee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:06 am

But the eVisa paper is not mandatory for the application? Only the entry and exit stamps are mandatory, is that correct?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:47 am

Covee wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:06 am
But the eVisa paper is not mandatory for the application? Only the entry and exit stamps are mandatory, is that correct?
Yes. But no harm in attaching e visa paper.

Covee

Post by Covee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:08 am

What are your opinions on submitting Appendix 2 VAF4A form when using the new ACCESS UK site. I have read it is no longer required, however it is still worth completing and attach it with your documents to prevent any misunderstanding and delay at the home office.

Would you guys agree with this assessment or would you leave out Appendix 2 VAF4A form entirely when using ACCESS UK?

Furthermore, with regards to submitting the documents, am I correct in thinking this can now be done entirely online by scanning clear copies of the requisite documents online?

Are these documents submitted via ACCESS UK site or via VFS?

Bare in mind this is for the initial Spouse Visa to enter the country, my wife will not be in the UK. I will complete the application and forms on her behalf as the sponsor.

Covee

Post by Covee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:09 am

Also, what is the process for providing the Biometric details, at what stage of the application should this be done, and do you make the appointment online, if so which website is used?

Is there any guidance for this on any .gov site?

Covee

Post by Covee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:39 am

Another question that has appeared in my mind... When composing the covering letter, does it matter from whose perspective I write it.

The visa application is for my wife and I am the sponsor.

Would it have any negative baring if I were to write the covering from my perspective
(e.g. Dear Home Office, I am the sponsor to [my Wife's name]. my wife and I are married, she wishes to come to the UK to join me so we can live together and enjoy our married life etc. etc.)

Or must it be written from my wife's perspective
(e.g. Dear Home Office, I [wife] wish to come to the UK so I can enjoy my married life with my husband in the UK where he is based etc. etc.)

Covee

Post by Covee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:55 pm

Advice on these questions will be appreciated, thanks! :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:32 pm

There is no official confirmation that Appendix II is no longer required and the link to download it is still active, therefore, just as a precaution it should be filled & attached despite many got success without it. Covering letter can be written from applicant/sponsor but should precisely clarify the ambiguous areas. Also UK sponsor can fill the online form and electronically submit the documents from UK whereas the applicant has to enrol her biometrics from outside the UK

Covee

Post by Covee » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:46 am

Hi all,

I get paid today and my payslips are generated today (28 Feb). If I submit the application on March 06 which payslips and bank statements do I need to include? Is it:

September 2019
October 2019
November 2019
December 2019
January 2020
February 2020

Also is there a template for the employer letter I must include. I read the HO guidance but I am still confused!

What needs to be on the employment letter? My payslips are printed not perforated and without Company header.

What letters do I need from my Employer and how should they be written?

(I earn over the threshold to sponsor and have been employed for over 1 year, it is a large company and not owned by a family member)

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:09 am

Covee wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:46 am
I get paid today and my payslips are generated today (28 Feb). If I submit the application on March 06 which payslips and bank statements do I need to include? Is it:

September 2019
October 2019
November 2019
December 2019
January 2020
February 2020
Yes, if applying using Category A.
Covee wrote:
Also is there a template for the employer letter I must include. I read the HO guidance but I am still confused!

What needs to be on the employment letter?
No template, but must confirm:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
Covee wrote:
My payslips are printed not perforated and without Company header.
If the payslips do not show employer’s name (doesn't need a Company header necessarily), then they must be "accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic"
Covee wrote:
What letters do I need from my Employer and how should they be written?
Needs to include information outlined in answers above, otherwise no specific format.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Covee

Post by Covee » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:13 am

If the payslips do not show employer’s name (doesn't need a Company header necessarily), then they must be "accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic"

If the payslips do not show employer’s name then do they also need to be stamped by HR , or do I just need the accompanying letter from the employer confirming they are genuine with no stamps.

Covee

Post by Covee » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:48 am

Having read FM SE I am confused as to whether I need 2 letters from my employer, (First letter confirming payslips are genuine and the second confirming salary, length of employment, period salary paid and type of employment)

Or just one letter from my employer on headed paper confirming all the details (so one letter confirming salary, length of employment, period salary paid, type of employment and payslips are genuine)

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:01 pm

Covee wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:13 am
If the payslips do not show employer’s name then do they also need to be stamped by HR , or do I just need the accompanying letter from the employer confirming they are genuine with no stamps.
There is nothing that says they need to be stamped by anybody, only the letter confirming the payslips are authentic is mentioned in Appendix FM-SE.
Covee wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:48 am
Having read FM SE I am confused as to whether I need 2 letters from my employer, (First letter confirming payslips are genuine and the second confirming salary, length of employment, period salary paid and type of employment)

Or just one letter from my employer on headed paper confirming all the details (so one letter confirming salary, length of employment, period salary paid, type of employment and payslips are genuine)
Appendix FM-SE does not specify whether two separate letters are required or if one letter meeting both criteria would be acceptable. Getting two letters would seem to be the safer choice, but if one letter can meet both criteria then it would also seem the requirements would be met, so it's probably up to you how you would feel comfortable proceeding.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Covee

Post by Covee » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:07 pm

I am a British citizen, I am sponsoring my wife to join me via the Spouse visa.

Do I need to complete and submit the SU07 form?

Covee

Post by Covee » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:08 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:01 pm
Covee wrote:
There is nothing that says they need to be stamped by anybody, only the letter confirming the payslips are authentic is mentioned in Appendix FM-SE.
Covee wrote:

Appendix FM-SE does not specify whether two separate letters are required or if one letter meeting both criteria would be acceptable. Getting two letters would seem to be the safer choice, but if one letter can meet both criteria then it would also seem the requirements would be met, so it's probably up to you how you would feel comfortable proceeding.
Thanks, getting this stuff from HR is like getting blood from a stone!!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:46 pm

Covee wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:07 pm
I am a British citizen, I am sponsoring my wife to join me via the Spouse visa.

Do I need to complete and submit the SU07 form?
No, not for a spouse visa.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 pm

Covee wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:08 pm
geoeng wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:01 pm
Covee wrote:
Covee wrote:

Thanks, getting this stuff from HR is like getting blood from a stone!!
Most employers now are aware about it and are very supportive.