ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10001
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Cash saving route

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Council tax bill is not compulsory which I mentioned in various threads but depending on an individual circumstances it really strengthens up the accomodation evidences especially like in op's case he just have title deed which alone seems insufficient. Also I remember a case where a person couldn't get the latest landlord's noc letter but he just attached the recent joint named council tax bill which straight away worked because it confirms that they both are living there. Moreover, the latest flrm online form do ask about council tax costs (maybe that question isn't being asked for spouse visa application). But means to say that council tax does have weight and in op's case he can also attach another utility bill which comes in the name of her uk sponsor wife but still council tax bill carry more weight although not compulsory.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:05 pm
Council tax bill is not compulsory which I mentioned in various threads but depending on an individual circumstances it really strengthens up the accomodation evidences especially like in op's case he just have title deed which alone seems insufficient. Also I remember a case where a person couldn't get the latest landlord's noc letter but he just attached the recent joint named council tax bill which straight away worked because it confirms that they both are living there. Moreover, the latest flrm online form do ask about council tax costs (maybe that question isn't being asked for spouse visa application). But means to say that council tax does have weight and in op's case he can also attach another utility bill which comes in the name of her uk sponsor wife but still council tax bill carry more weight although not compulsory.
Thank you very much Seagul brother and geoeng brother You're helping alot
Want to ask some questions

1:Should we change council tax to her name from her father's name?

2:After changing name on council tax should we show old council tax bills that are on her father's name?

3:Will they definitely give us a letter from council after changing name bcz I'm not sure when will council bill come on her name

4:If her father is taking benifit from govt on council tax would it be a problem?

5: what other accommodation documents we can submit to strength our application?

6: my wife's uncle recently one month ago transfer that house on the name of my wife any documents related to that?

Advise needed what to do

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10001
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Cash saving route

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:05 pm
Council tax bill is not compulsory which I mentioned in various threads but depending on an individual circumstances it really strengthens up the accomodation evidences especially like in op's case he just have title deed which alone seems insufficient. Also I remember a case where a person couldn't get the latest landlord's noc letter but he just attached the recent joint named council tax bill which straight away worked because it confirms that they both are living there. Moreover, the latest flrm online form do ask about council tax costs (maybe that question isn't being asked for spouse visa application). But means to say that council tax does have weight and in op's case he can also attach another utility bill which comes in the name of her uk sponsor wife but still council tax bill carry more weight although not compulsory.
Thank you very much Seagul brother and geoeng brother You're helping alot
Want to ask some questions

1:Should we change council tax to her name from her father's name?

2:After changing name on council tax should we show old council tax bills that are on her father's name?

3:Will they definitely give us a letter from council after changing name bcz I'm not sure when will council bill come on her name

4:If her father is taking benifit from govt on council tax would it be a problem?

5: what other accommodation documents we can submit to strength our application?

6: my wife's uncle recently one month ago transfer that house on the name of my wife any documents related to that?

Advise needed what to do
1. Yes
2. No need
3. Even the new bill doesn't arrive but there should definitely be some notification by post in her name which can be attached instead.
4. Not to you but maybe to him
5. Read previous post and reply # 6
6. All these transfer of house legal documents can also be attached
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:19 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:05 pm
Council tax bill is not compulsory which I mentioned in various threads but depending on an individual circumstances it really strengthens up the accomodation evidences especially like in op's case he just have title deed which alone seems insufficient. Also I remember a case where a person couldn't get the latest landlord's noc letter but he just attached the recent joint named council tax bill which straight away worked because it confirms that they both are living there. Moreover, the latest flrm online form do ask about council tax costs (maybe that question isn't being asked for spouse visa application). But means to say that council tax does have weight and in op's case he can also attach another utility bill which comes in the name of her uk sponsor wife but still council tax bill carry more weight although not compulsory.
Thank you very much Seagul brother and geoeng brother You're helping alot
Want to ask some questions

1:Should we change council tax to her name from her father's name?

2:After changing name on council tax should we show old council tax bills that are on her father's name?

3:Will they definitely give us a letter from council after changing name bcz I'm not sure when will council bill come on her name

4:If her father is taking benifit from govt on council tax would it be a problem?

5: what other accommodation documents we can submit to strength our application?

6: my wife's uncle recently one month ago transfer that house on the name of my wife any documents related to that?

Advise needed what to do
1. Yes
2. No need
3. Even the new bill doesn't arrive but there should definitely be some notification by post in her name which can be attached instead.
4. Not to you but maybe to him
5. Read previous post and reply # 6
6. All these transfer of house legal documents can also be attached
The utility bills are also not on her name

1.Mobile contract bills used to come on her name but not now can we give that old bills as a proof?

2.What kind of problem her father can face?

Thanks Seagul brother

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10001
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Cash saving route

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:36 pm

I think you got excessive answer over your situation and you have got exactly same replies on other forum by that site members which I accidently found during Google search and I have no interest there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

User avatar
Casa
Moderator
Posts: 25002
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 am

I will only add that if your father is claiming Council tax discount as a single person occupant of the property, this would be considered as benefit fraud, which is a criminal offence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:28 am

Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 am
I will only add that if your father is claiming Council tax discount as a single person occupant of the property, this would be considered as benefit fraud, which is a criminal offence.
He's living there with his family from 20 years and he didn't show him single person occupant his sons and daughters and wife living with him but the house was in the name of my wife's uncle now recently he transferred it to my wife's name

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:36 pm
I think you got excessive answer over your situation and you have got exactly same replies on other forum by that site members which I accidently found during Google search and I have no interest there.
Yes Seagul brother i asked questions on another forum too

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 am
I will only add that if your father is claiming Council tax discount as a single person occupant of the property, this would be considered as benefit fraud, which is a criminal offence.
I confirmed from my wife that they all are add on in the record of council tax but tax comes in the name of her father.

User avatar
Casa
Moderator
Posts: 25002
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm
Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 am
I will only add that if your father is claiming Council tax discount as a single person occupant of the property, this would be considered as benefit fraud, which is a criminal offence.
I confirmed from my wife that they all are add on in the record of council tax but tax comes in the name of her father.
Under what grounds is he claiming a discount for Council tax >
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:25 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm
Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 am
I will only add that if your father is claiming Council tax discount as a single person occupant of the property, this would be considered as benefit fraud, which is a criminal offence.
I confirmed from my wife that they all are add on in the record of council tax but tax comes in the name of her father.
Under what grounds is he claiming a discount for Council tax >
Don't know exact but i know that his son was with them(who is working) that time they have to pay full council tax now he has seperated and now they are again getting discount i think it's because non of them in their family working at this time. Or he or his wife disabled.

Could these things effect my spouse visa application?

Thanks Casa I'll appreciate if you help me on this matter

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm
Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:25 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm
Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 am
I will only add that if your father is claiming Council tax discount as a single person occupant of the property, this would be considered as benefit fraud, which is a criminal offence.
I confirmed from my wife that they all are add on in the record of council tax but tax comes in the name of her father.
Under what grounds is he claiming a discount for Council tax >
Don't know exact but i know that his son was with them(who is working) that time they have to pay full council tax now he has seperated and now they are again getting discount i think it's because non of them in their family working at this time. Or he or his wife disabled.

Could these things effect my spouse visa application?

Thanks Casa I'll appreciate if you help me on this matter
Want to add one more thing that the council bill comes in the name of her (my wife)father and mother both

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:33 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm
Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:25 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm


I confirmed from my wife that they all are add on in the record of council tax but tax comes in the name of her father.
Under what grounds is he claiming a discount for Council tax >
Don't know exact but i know that his son was with them(who is working) that time they have to pay full council tax now he has seperated and now they are again getting discount i think it's because non of them in their family working at this time. Or he or his wife disabled.

Could these things effect my spouse visa application?

Thanks Casa I'll appreciate if you help me on this matter
Want to add one more thing that the council bill comes in the name of her (my wife)father and mother both
Waiting for your expert opinion Casa or Seagul

geoeng
Senior Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am
Canada

Re: Cash saving route

Post by geoeng » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 am

Assuming the council tax benefit is being claimed legally, there will be no impact on your visa application. A council tax bill/statement is an optional piece of evidence to help support ownership/occupation of the residence. It's irrelevant who's names are on the council tax bill and entirely unnecessary to include if your wife's name isn't even on it. You've been told what requirements you need to meet and your options for providing evidence of meeting the requirements, you need to decide what to include based on your circumstances.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:44 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 am
Assuming the council tax benefit is being claimed legally, there will be no impact on your visa application. A council tax bill/statement is an optional piece of evidence to help support ownership/occupation of the residence. It's irrelevant who's names are on the council tax bill and entirely unnecessary to include if your wife's name isn't even on it. You've been told what requirements you need to meet and your options for providing evidence of meeting the requirements, you need to decide what to include based on your circumstances.
Thanks geoeng. live long
Want to know if my wife scan all the supporting documents for my application in UK should these documents be original or i can send her coloured photocopies? If someone had experienced recently kindly guide me bcz someone is saying me the documents should be original and their coloured photocopies too in your hand at the vfs scanning centre

geoeng
Senior Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am
Canada

Re: Cash saving route

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 am

All documents scanned should be original and you are generally advised to bring the documents with you to the biometric appointment. Unfortunately I don't know whether copies are also required when applying from Pakistan as the process differs from country to country.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:51 am

geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 am
All documents scanned should be original and you are generally advised to bring the documents with you to the biometric appointment. Unfortunately I don't know whether copies are also required when applying from Pakistan as the process differs from country to country.
Butt I'm applying through cash savings route i need to give paper of rent agreements as evidence of cash saving should i send these original evidence to UK too? And original statments too? We are planning to scan our documents from UK

geoeng
Senior Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am
Canada

Re: Cash saving route

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:10 am

I'm a little unclear on what you're doing. Your wife is attending an application centre in the UK to have the documents scanned and uploaded? If this is the case then she will require the original documents to have scanned, don't send copies to be scanned.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mfamily
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 am
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:34 am

geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:10 am
I'm a little unclear on what you're doing. Your wife is attending an application centre in the UK to have the documents scanned and uploaded? If this is the case then she will require the original documents to have scanned, don't send copies to be scanned.
Yes she's going to scan the documents. Should i send her attested copies of rent agreements or original one?

geoeng
Senior Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am
Canada

Re: Cash saving route

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:09 pm

I've answered that question twice already. If someone else is telling you differently, you are free to go with what they've said as I'm far from an expert, just saying what's in the rules/guidance.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Locked
cron