ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Britsh Marrying Brazilian

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

davetherave
Newly Registered

Britsh Marrying Brazilian

Post by davetherave » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi

Me and my partner are in the process of getting married, she is from Brazil and I am British Born.

She is currently in France on a tourist Visa, we are looking where we can marry. At the moment it seems we can only marry in Brazil.

I am sure some other countries would allow us to marry and get a certificate the UK will accept, does anyone have any advice on countries that would allow this marriage? If so what documents would be needed?

geoeng
Canada

Re: Britsh Marrying Brazilian

Post by geoeng » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:17 am

Have you considered the UK as an option? There are a couple visas available for this purpose. It is also quite easy to get married various places in the United States where little more than proof of identity is required and you can do the whole process within a few days. I will caveat that by saying I'm not sure what type of visa a Brazilian national would require to be in the United States to get married.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.