ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I submit expired ID document of the owner of the property for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bluepenguine
Newly Registered
Thailand

How long a property inspection valid for?

Post by bluepenguine » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:49 am

I have lived in the UK on a spouse visa (unmarried partner) for 2 years and will be due to a visa extension (FLR (M)) in Feb 2023.

When we first applied for my spouse visa outside the UK, we provided a property inspection as we would be living with my partner's parents.

Can we use the same property inspection report for a coming up visa extension as we are still living in the same accommodation? Are there an expiration date on the property inspection report? Could you please direct me to the rules or guidelines that mention about this?

Thank you

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: How long a property inspection valid for?

Post by TODMATT » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:56 am

bluepenguine wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:49 am
I have lived in the UK on a spouse visa (unmarried partner) for 2 years and will be due to a visa extension (FLR (M)) in Feb 2023.

When we first applied for my spouse visa outside the UK, we provided a property inspection as we would be living with my partner's parents.

Can we use the same property inspection report for a coming up visa extension as we are still living in the same accommodation? Are there an expiration date on the property inspection report? Could you please direct me to the rules or guidelines that mention about this?

Thank you
If the documentation has no expiration date then you should be to reuse it.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:03 pm

bluepenguine wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:49 am

Thank you
If you are still in same property and PIR used previously, don't see the need to.another PIR. Rather ensure you have got enough cohabitation evidence covering 2years preceeding the FLRM

bluepenguine
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by bluepenguine » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:31 pm

Yes, we're still living at the same place with my partner's parents and the property inspection was submitted earlier.

Thank you for all the answers.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:12 pm

bluepenguine wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:31 pm
Yes, we're still living at the same place with my partner's parents and the property inspection was submitted earlier.

Thank you for all the answers.
So same conditions still met and should be no hassle

bluepenguine
Newly Registered
Thailand

Can I submit expired ID document of the owner of the property for FLR(M)

Post by bluepenguine » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:46 pm

My partner (British) and I are applying for an unmarried partner FLR(M) visa. We've been living with my partner's parents throughout 2.5 years. We need to provide a "Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport" in our application.

The question is whether it is okay to submit expired passports? His parents' passport expired and as they don't intend to travel abroad, they currently don't have valid passports at hand.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I submit expired ID document of the owner of the property for FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:57 pm

The photo I'd of the landlord is not required. The checklist is generic and frequently inaccurate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bluepenguine
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by bluepenguine » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:57 pm
The photo I'd of the landlord is not required. The checklist is generic and frequently inaccurate.
It's not the photo, it's an ID Document. Are you suggesting to ignore the checklist at the end of an online application that being generated by the system?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:31 pm

It is not required. The checklist is generic and often inaccurate.

You should follow the rules and guidance notes from ukvi on the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:51 pm

bluepenguine wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:26 pm
CR001 wrote:
It's not the photo, it's an ID Document. Are you suggesting to ignore the checklist at the end of an online application that being generated by the system?
Looking at this from a different angle, how many landlords would gladly give their ID showing personal details to their tenants.
They wouldn't budge even if you needed it to enter heaven.

That's a major reason that can't be enforced.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

bluepenguine
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by bluepenguine » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:57 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:51 pm
bluepenguine wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Looking at this from a different angle, how many landlords would gladly give their ID showing personal details to their tenants.

I never mentioned landlord in my question. It's not a landlord's ID. We're living with my partner's parents. I'm talking about providing their IDs. At the end of the online application it shows the list of docs that we need to submit. One of them is "Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport".

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:44 pm

bluepenguine wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:57 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:51 pm
bluepenguine wrote:
CR001 wrote:

I never mentioned landlord in my question. It's not a landlord's ID. We're living with my partner's parents. I'm talking about providing their IDs. At the end of the online application it shows the list of docs that we need to submit. One of them is "Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport".
It can be used for ID, only expired for travel purposes.

bluepenguine
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by bluepenguine » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:24 pm

Thank you.