ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Approval (COA) waiting times 2010

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

vadimvin
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: COA WAITING TIME EEA4

Post by vadimvin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:48 pm

vegeta_2009 wrote:guys, i havent received my COA for over 2 months now, it was submitted to HO and everytime i call they say it is still being checked, is this normal? i have complained to as many organizations as i can but still no answer.?
Hi Vegeta,
I have information from other forum some people waiting COA for around 2 months and after they get their PR in 3-rd or 4-th month.
Hope it wouldhelp you, why do you think they should send your COA in any particular time frame?

vegeta_2009
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: COA WAITING TIME EEA4

Post by vegeta_2009 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:13 pm

vadimvin wrote: Hi Vegeta,
I have information from other forum some people waiting COA for around 2 months and after they get their PR in 3-rd or 4-th month.
Hope it wouldhelp you, why do you think they should send your COA in any particular time frame?
thanks for your reply, i thought the home office is supposed to send a COA as soon as the application has been received and checked for consistancy (passport valid, all document required are present etc...).
i have seen people with 6 weeks wait but 10 weeks seems too much ...

squid80
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm

COA over 6 weeks now

Post by squid80 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi

I have had my ILR refused so asked for COA and at the same time also reconsideration . Now my COA has been over 6 weeks so i am worried it might be refused!

Please advise.

Regards
Tracy.

dammykay
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:39 pm

COA WAITING TIME EEA4

Post by dammykay » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:11 pm

WHAT DOES CASE ID MEANS

mememe
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:11 pm

eea2 cetificate of application doent not state right to work

Post by mememe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 pm


eea2 cetificate of application doent not state right to work

help please!!!
i
received the CO application and it is just a short letter stipulating that they received my application and to not call them...etc,i saw that someone posted a exemple of the letter they received witch was much longer and citing some statuary rights to work as well as a phone number to contact.
how come mine doesnt
can i use it to work as i have got the right to work here as the spouse of a europeen citizen
i am part of the third world and overstayed in the uk,but was told by the solicitor thet it did not matter
i wanted to call them and email,as the wait is taking for ever
any contacts or advice?
please help

squid80
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm

COA

Post by squid80 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi all

Got my COA today . Took nearly 8 weeks !!!

Tracy

msi786
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:30 pm
Location: London

COA - EEA4

Post by msi786 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Today I have received COA for my EEA4 application after 5 weeks. When I phoned UKBA last week they told me it can take between 4 to 6 weeks to receive COA.

noodles
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:49 am

Re: COA - EEA4

Post by noodles » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:58 am

msi786 wrote:Today I have received COA for my EEA4 application after 5 weeks. When I phoned UKBA last week they told me it can take between 4 to 6 weeks to receive COA.
Hi, can you please provide the number you called? Been trying for sometime now to get them on the phone with little luck. Thanks

msi786
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:30 pm
Location: London

Post by msi786 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Noodles

The number I called was 0845 010 5200. You can also try 0151 672 5626, which is cheaper.

noodles
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:49 am

Post by noodles » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 am

msi786 wrote:Noodles

The number I called was 0845 010 5200. You can also try 0151 672 5626, which is cheaper.
Cheers mate

coconutsforme
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 pm
Location: london

Post by coconutsforme » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:14 am

i had sent mine back in mid may 2010, returned on 5th of july requesting CSI cover. sent again on 07/07/10 ..no news yet.

vadimvin
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by vadimvin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:43 pm

msi786 wrote:Noodles

The number I called was 0845 010 5200. You can also try 0151 672 5626, which is cheaper.
Have called both numbers, the responces pretty much the same, nobody picking up the phone, just voice mail saying they are not able to provide any more information, we should make requests from the Royal Mail :D

vadimvin
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by vadimvin » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:29 am

Received today COA dated 19-th July. Total waiting time - 5 weeks.
Have Reference number and case number, does anyone know if my application allocated to caseworker and can they request more documents or normally by issuing COA they seems to be happy with the supporting documents?
Thanks.

Zhonor
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: UK

COA (Certificate of Approval)

Post by Zhonor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Hey all,

I applied for my COA on 18th June 2010, HO received on 21st June ... so am still waiting for it!

Praying that it will arrive soon :) but will update once I have received it.

At least I know that they are much faster this year than the previous years based on others experience.

vadimvin
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: COA WAITING TIME EEA4

Post by vadimvin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:51 pm

dammykay wrote:WHAT DOES CASE ID MEANS
Have similar question, anyone can respond? By issuong COA with case ID, does this really mean they are not going to request any more documents and allocated to case worker or team or anywhere else?

Thanks.

coconutsforme
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 pm
Location: london

Re: COA WAITING TIME EEA4

Post by coconutsforme » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:54 am

vadimvin wrote:
dammykay wrote:WHAT DOES CASE ID MEANS
Have similar question, anyone can respond? By issuong COA with case ID, does this really mean they are not going to request any more documents and allocated to case worker or team or anywhere else?

Thanks.
Vadimvim,

Issue of COA as i understand is the time when all your initial documents have been scanned into their system. Should smth had been missing, it would have been returned to you. So well done for properly packaging it.

Now, your file is with the processing team or (case working team) for assessment.

The latter may require any information at anytime.

vadimvin
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: COA WAITING TIME EEA4

Post by vadimvin » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 am

coconutsforme wrote:
vadimvin wrote:
dammykay wrote:WHAT DOES CASE ID MEANS
Have similar question, anyone can respond? By issuong COA with case ID, does this really mean they are not going to request any more documents and allocated to case worker or team or anywhere else?

Thanks.
Vadimvim,

Issue of COA as i understand is the time when all your initial documents have been scanned into their system. Should smth had been missing, it would have been returned to you. So well done for properly packaging it.

Now, your file is with the processing team or (case working team) for assessment.

The latter may require any information at anytime.
Thank you coconutsforme,

It makes sence.

On the separate question, do you know if my partner (EA national) change her employment, shall we inform the Home office about this, if so - what exact documents we should provide? New contract would be enough?

coconutsforme
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 pm
Location: london

Re: COA WAITING TIME EEA4

Post by coconutsforme » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:37 pm

vadimvin wrote:
coconutsforme wrote:
vadimvin wrote:
dammykay wrote:WHAT DOES CASE ID MEANS
Have similar question, anyone can respond? By issuong COA with case ID, does this really mean they are not going to request any more documents and allocated to case worker or team or anywhere else?

Thanks.
Vadimvim,

Issue of COA as i understand is the time when all your initial documents have been scanned into their system. Should smth had been missing, it would have been returned to you. So well done for properly packaging it.

Now, your file is with the processing team or (case working team) for assessment.

The latter may require any information at anytime.
Thank you coconutsforme,

It makes sence.

On the separate question, do you know if my partner (EA national) change her employment, shall we inform the Home office about this, if so - what exact documents we should provide? New contract would be enough?
Vadimvin,

As I personally see it, there's no need to advise them of that unless it is something urgent and important that it can somehow affect your application.

the decision will be purely made on the facts and documents you have already submitted.

If your mrs. or partner have exercised her treaty rights based on 5 years acceptable terms ( employment, self employment etc..) your application seems to be fine at initial stage and already awaiting for assessment, so why confuse them with something that is not relevant @this moment of time?

If I were you, i would just wait...

baroquejen
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:17 am

COA - requesting documents back

Post by baroquejen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:21 am

Hi all, I am sending in my COA tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone has had experience trying to get their passport back in case of travel. I have to travel for a concert (that I am playing in) at the beginning of October, and so there is a chance that I won't have my passport back in time. I think I read that one person has done this successfully without the application being stopped. Has anyone else been able to do this?
Regards,
Jen

coconutsforme
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 pm
Location: london

Re: COA - requesting documents back

Post by coconutsforme » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:50 pm

baroquejen wrote:Hi all, I am sending in my COA tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone has had experience trying to get their passport back in case of travel. I have to travel for a concert (that I am playing in) at the beginning of October, and so there is a chance that I won't have my passport back in time. I think I read that one person has done this successfully without the application being stopped. Has anyone else been able to do this?
Regards,
Jen
Hi Jen,

May i just ask where are you sending your COA to???and why??

With regards to requesting your passport, please note that there's a permission to request in case of urgent requirement. I guess you need to request them in 7 to 10 days in advance. But you know what HO are like. I would call them at least 2 weeks in advance.

And yes, your application WON'T be affected. It will still be considered.

vadimvin
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: COA WAITING TIME EEA4

Post by vadimvin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:44 pm

coconutsforme wrote:
vadimvin wrote:
coconutsforme wrote:
vadimvin wrote: Have similar question, anyone can respond? By issuong COA with case ID, does this really mean they are not going to request any more documents and allocated to case worker or team or anywhere else?

Thanks.
Vadimvim,

Issue of COA as i understand is the time when all your initial documents have been scanned into their system. Should smth had been missing, it would have been returned to you. So well done for properly packaging it.

Now, your file is with the processing team or (case working team) for assessment.

The latter may require any information at anytime.
Thank you coconutsforme,

It makes sence.

On the separate question, do you know if my partner (EA national) change her employment, shall we inform the Home office about this, if so - what exact documents we should provide? New contract would be enough?
Vadimvin,

As I personally see it, there's no need to advise them of that unless it is something urgent and important that it can somehow affect your application.

the decision will be purely made on the facts and documents you have already submitted.

If your mrs. or partner have exercised her treaty rights based on 5 years acceptable terms ( employment, self employment etc..) your application seems to be fine at initial stage and already awaiting for assessment, so why confuse them with something that is not relevant @this moment of time?

If I were you, i would just wait...
Thank you for your responces.
My solicitor said, they can contact the current employer to see if my partner still exercising treaty rights, do not you think they would be surprised to see she is no longer employed?
Or there is no such requirements in this application to inform HO in case of any changes?
I do not mind to wait, but I do not want to be effected because of not informing them.

coconutsforme
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 pm
Location: london

Informing HO of changes

Post by coconutsforme » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14 am

Vadimvin,

I am sorry for missing that your parner is not currently working, now this one i guess might have an effect on your application. So, please consult with someone professional with regards to that.

the 6 months assessment period for processing such applications is required to verify most of the submitted documents.

vadimvin
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Informing HO of changes

Post by vadimvin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 am

coconutsforme wrote:Vadimvin,

I am sorry for missing that your parner is not currently working, now this one i guess might have an effect on your application. So, please consult with someone professional with regards to that.

the 6 months assessment period for processing such applications is required to verify most of the submitted documents.
Thanks, she is still working, but she would have 1 month gap or so between current and new employer.

laspo24
Junior Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi

Post by laspo24 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:59 pm

How long does it take to receive COA after applying for RC lately?

noodles
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:49 am

Post by noodles » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:33 am

I just got my EEA4 COA on friday 30th of July 2010, submitted since 11th of MAY 2010.

Locked
cron