ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in the UK and main applicant will apply ILR next year

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Saray123
Newly Registered

Child born in the UK and main applicant will apply ILR next year

Post by Saray123 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Dear All,

Apology if this had been asked already. I just needed a more specific answer. Please bear with me.

My daughter was born last month,(August 2018) and I am yet to apply for an ILR in February 2019 or December 2018. We are not planning to go out of the country. Kindly help me direct what will I do for her to stay in the UK. We already registered her and she has a birth certificate.

Really appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in the UK and main applicant will apply ILR next year

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Nothing you need to do.

Once you get ILR, you can register her as British on form MN1 under section 1(3) of the nationality act, which is an entitlement to register.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saray123
Newly Registered

Post by Saray123 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:35 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Just to clarify. I will not get a passport from my home country(embassy) for her? Thank you.

Also, I arrived here in 2013 and my wife and son joined me in 2016, then left the country for 7 months and came back in July 2017, will I include them to my application for ILR or they have separate application as my dependent? If it is the latter, when can I apply them as my dependent? Your kind reply is much appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:08 pm

No.

Assuming you are under PBS; your wife may apply for ILR no sooner than 28 days prior to the 5th anniversary of her initial entry clearance as your PBS partner. Your son will be eligible to apply for ILR at the same time as her. They may continue to extend as PBS family members until they qualify for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Saray123
Newly Registered

Post by Saray123 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Thank you very much. You are very kind. :D