ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cohabitation documents - spouse extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

navodwickra

cohabitation documents - spouse extension

Post by navodwickra » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:15 pm

So my wife joined me in the UK on April 2013. Since then we had

1. council tax (two I guess)
2. water bills (again two)
3. Natwest joint bank statements (from June 2013).

Then we moved to a new place and we have enough documents in there. We have spent 1 year in the old address together. I just wanted to know I only have Council and water bills and the bank statements are from June 2013 instead of April 2013 would she be ok? I genuinely have no any other documents. I paid for gas and electricity as well but they refused to add her name because they could not fit both our names in the name field.

EDIT : Just remembered she has her NI number letter which has her name and the address but it would be just for her not for both of us.

Kind regards
Navod

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: cohabitation documents - spouse extension

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:43 pm

It can be joint names or addressed individually to esch of you to the same address. The flr(M) form lists examples of what you can use.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seamonster
Newly Registered

Post by seamonster » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:01 pm

I had the same problem about not having sufficient POA for old addresses. I provided at least one document for each month (24 from sponsor, 24 from dependent). For the months which I did not have bank statement/ utility bill/ council tax bill, I provided letters from NHS, letters from dental practice, letters about direct debit set up from charity organisation, letter from my previous landlord/ letting agent, mobile phone bills, payslips from employer, P45/ P60 from HMRC etc.
I even registered on Experian to get the credit report, because the report shows linkage to your previous addresses and can be used as an additional proof.
I also included letters from friends and families stating that they had visited us in the old address and were aware that we have been living together for over two years.
There are a lot of possible things you can include, just keep an open mind and think!!!

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Thanks both for the replies. I guess I am little bit stuck here.

I got her registered with the doctors in May but she got letters
Letters she got for her birthdays have her nick name (who would use first name and last name :D )
She did some temporary work for couple of months and got her pay slips in December I think.

See the problem is we have documents but none of them continue through both addresses other than the council and bank statements.

No drivers license either, anyways if you are new to the country you have to wait 180 days so there is no way she could get as soon as she joined me :(

As for the old rental agreement her name is not in it because when I rented it she was at home(out side the UK)

We stopped paying water when we moved to the new flat since it was included in the rent.

Well I think only option is gather all the documents we have then submit them to the HO.

seamonster
Newly Registered

Post by seamonster » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Hello, I submitted different types of document for each and every month of the two-year period.
For example:
January 2013 bank statement
February 2013 GP letter
March 2013 council tax
April 2013 P60 from HMRC
May 2013 A few receipts of online purchase from Amazon (since I had absolutely nothing else)
June 2013 Postcard from friend (stamped and dated)
You get the drift... there is no requirement of continual provision of the same evidence.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:44 pm

seamonster wrote:Hello, I submitted different types of document for each and every month of the two-year period.
For example:
February 2013 GP letter
March 2013 council tax
April 2013 P60 from HMRC
May 2013 A few receipts of online purchase from Amazon (since I had absolutely nothing else)
You get the drift... there is no requirement of continual provision of the same evidence.
phew :lol: , oh thank you. Since you put it that way I definitely have at least one document for both of our names for 24 months period.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:28 pm

navodwickra wrote:
seamonster wrote:Hello, I submitted different types of document for each and every month of the two-year period.
For example:
February 2013 GP letter
March 2013 council tax
April 2013 P60 from HMRC
phew :lol: , oh thank you. Since you put it that way I definitely have at least one document for both of our names for 24 months period.
You need one document either in joint names (or one of each in each individual name) from at least 3 different sources spread over the two year period. One for every month is not required (and is OTT), ideally spaced over 3-4 month period, so for example:

January 2013 Bank Statement
April 2013 GP letter
August 2013 Council Tax
November 2013 Bank Statement
January 2014 Credit Card statement
May 2014 NHS Letter

etc...
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:03 am

WR1 wrote:
navodwickra wrote:
For example:
February 2013 GP letter
March 2013 council tax
April 2013 P60 from HMRC
You need one document either in joint names (or one of each in each individual name) from at least 3 different sources spread over the two year period. One for every month is not required (and is OTT), ideally spaced over 3-4 month period, so for example:

January 2013 Bank Statement
April 2013 GP letter
August 2013 Council Tax
November 2013 Bank Statement
January 2014 Credit Card statement
May 2014 NHS Letter

etc...
Thanks for the clarification. I though it should three different sources and all three should cover 24 months. Now I know what I need :D