ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing question on Accommodation (Spousal Visa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kaowusu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Confusing question on Accommodation (Spousal Visa)

Post by kaowusu » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:11 pm

Hello everyone. I am a Ghanaian applying for a spousal visa to join my wife in the UK. She currently lives in an HMO (different households) but has a large room to herself . We have met all requirements but I am bit confused about the some of the accommodation-related questions. For the question, Does xxx own this property?, I answered No and selected They rent it privately.

Where it gets confusing is, Does anyone else, other than xxx and their dependants, live at this property?. When I select, Yes, I am required to enter the full names, date of birth, nationality, passport numbers and relationship to my wife. Practically, I do not think it's possible to get all this information about people who are not related to her.

Am I choosing the wrong answers? Can you kindly advise me please? Is there a way to state that it is an HMO with different households and not have to provide this private information about the other tenants?

Theunknownusername
Wales

Re: Confusing question on Accommodation (Spousal Visa)

Post by Theunknownusername » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:22 am

kaowusu wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:11 pm
Hello everyone. I am a Ghanaian applying for a spousal visa to join my wife in the UK. She currently lives in an HMO (different households) but has a large room to herself . We have met all requirements but I am bit confused about the some of the accommodation-related questions. For the question, Does xxx own this property?, I answered No and selected They rent it privately.

Where it gets confusing is, Does anyone else, other than xxx and their dependants, live at this property?. When I select, Yes, I am required to enter the full names, date of birth, nationality, passport numbers and relationship to my wife. Practically, I do not think it's possible to get all this information about people who are not related to her.

Am I choosing the wrong answers? Can you kindly advise me please? Is there a way to state that it is an HMO with different households and not have to provide this private information about the other tenants?
You are choosing the right answers, part of the visa application is entering the details of the other household members. As it is a multiple occupancy, I suggest you also organise for a housing inspection report to be carried out by your wife's local council and submit that with the application as you need to prove you have adequate space and conditions. Also a Letter of No Objection to you joining your wife in that accommodation from the landlord/council and a copy of your tenancy agreement with at least 6 months remaining.

As for the passport details, you can simply list the people without passport information and write 'details not known'. This should not be an issue.

kaowusu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Re: Confusing question on Accommodation (Spousal Visa)

Post by kaowusu » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Thanks so much Theunknownusername. This information is very helpful. Wish your username was known though :D