ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Housing Register

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

businessmanuk
Mood:

Council Housing Register

Post by businessmanuk » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:33 pm

Are there any restriction/limitation if I am on council register or renting/living in council housing and I want to sponsor parent in the future to come and live in the UK? thanks

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Council Housing Register

Post by London507986 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:51 pm

should not be a problem, the only thing impotant is enough space to accomodate them

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:54 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:33 pm
Are there any restriction/limitation if I am on council register or renting/living in council housing and I want to sponsor parent in the future to come and live in the UK? thanks
You should bear in mind that it is very difficult to bring your elderly parents to the UK. If you take the risk and apply and it is refused,which it likely will be, it shuts the door to any future visitor visas too.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... l#p1963302
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:04 am

London507986 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:51 pm
should not be a problem, the only thing impotant is enough space to accomodate them
If the council agree to let more people live in their property,if there is enough room
If you get a council property (likely only a 1 bedroom if there is only you and your wife) as there are long waiting lists in most areas.
immigration-for-family-members/council- ... 13892.html

If the UK allows your parents to live in the UK (as CR001 has stated).

Even in a private rental, you will need permission from the landlord to let others live in the property you rented.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:21 am

JB007 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:04 am
London507986 wrote:
If the council agree to let more people live in their property,if there is enough room
If you get a council property (likely only a 1 bedroom if there is only you and your wife) as there are long waiting lists in most areas.

Even in a private rental, you will need permission from the landlord to let others live in the property you rented.
It is a bit confusing, as you say it depends on the space but at the same time i read being on a housing benefit is considered as taking public funds? So essentially is it benefit being on council housing? Should I consider being on a register or get housing through counicl if I need to sponsor parent on permanent basis in the future as this may effect the application?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:19 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:21 am
JB007 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:04 am
London507986 wrote:

It is a bit confusing, as you say it depends on the space but at the same time i read being on a housing benefit is considered as taking public funds? So essentially is it benefit being on council housing? Should I consider being on a register or get housing through counicl if I need to sponsor parent on permanent basis in the future as this may effect the application?
Be aware as previously stated by others that the likelihood of getting ADR granted or sponsoring on a permanent basis for parents are very very slim.
A refusal also puts paid to getting visitor visa for them.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:37 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:19 pm
Be aware as previously stated by others that the likelihood of getting ADR granted or sponsoring on a permanent basis for parents are very very slim.
A refusal also puts paid to getting visitor visa for them.
This has been noted, I am just trying to clarify my own position if there are any side effects of being in a council housing or on a register.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm

For an ADR visa, you have to sign the SU07 form "Sponsorship Undertaking", stating you will be responsible for the applicants maintenance, accommodation and care without relying on public funds for at least 5 years

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-su07
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.