ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covering Letter for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JayHussain
Mood:

Covering Letter for Spouse Visa

Post by JayHussain » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Dear Forum Member,

We went through the hassle of applying for a Spouse Visa & as we went through the process we used lots of online forums & information to ensure we gave the application our best shot.
One thing that always remained unclear was, whether a cover letter was needed or not.
I would highly recommend a covering letter because an ECO is working on lots of applications at any given time & therefore, an easy to read cover letter will help them in assessing your case in a more efficient manner.
We applied in Pakistan (Mirpur) using non-priority & below is our timeline:

Application Category: Settlement Visa for Spouse (Wife)
Priority level: Non-Priority
Application submitted (Online): 08/09/2019
All Supporting documents uploaded on VFS website by me (Sponsor) from home: 12/09/2019
Biometrics Enrolled: 13/09/2019
Email Received from UKVI for consideration by ECO: 08/10/2019
Applicant Received Text saying application has been processed: 13/11/2019
Applicant Received Email saying application has been processed: 13/11/2019
Passport Collected date: 14/09/2019 - Visa Granted (Passport collected in Islamabad as Mirpur office closed due to the Earthquake).

Total Working Days since Online Application Date: 48
Total Days since Online Application Date: 66
Total Working Days Since Biometrics: 43
Total Days Since Biometrics: 61

I wanted to be able to provide the covering letter (please see below) for anyone who is considering applying & wanted to use our format.
For all the evidence we submitted we provided the Appendices List in that order under the relevant sections (again to make it easier for the ECO to assess our application).
Always use your own research/info or for some people they prefer to use a legal representative, whichever route you choose by all means use our cover letter as a template.
I have removed any personal information/associations in the template below & also made up fictitious names.
Good luck everyone with your applications.
Many thanks.

Jay

JayHussain
Mood:

Re: Covering Letter for Spouse Visa

Post by JayHussain » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:38 pm

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs Street
Joe Bloggs Town
Joe Bloggs County

1 January 2020

UK Home Office
Visa Department

Subject: UK Spouse Visa Application for Mrs Joe Bloggs (Home office Ref No: GWF*****************)

To Entry Clearance Officer;
Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to an online application submitted yesterday, 8 September 2019, for a UK Spouse Visa I am writing in connection with this to support my wife’s application as her sponsor. My name is Joe Bloggs & I am the husband of the applicant. I am fully supporting the application for my wife to join me here in the United Kingdom.

I thought it would be great if I could write to you to aid you when assessing our application for this visa by giving you details about our relationship & an appendices list of all my supporting documents that we are submitting on behalf of this application.

I fully commit to covering all of our expenditures & fully supporting my wife & myself financially, without recourse to public funds in any form once she arrives in the United Kingdom.

I live permanently in the UK at the above address. This is the address where my wife & I shall live indefinitely. My parents Mr Joe Bloggs & Mrs Joe Bloggs own this property & as part of this spouse application, I am including a letter from them that we shall both reside at this property & I am providing you with documents related to their ownership of the house.

I have devised this letter to give you some background on our relationship & then the appendices list of all the documents I am providing as part of the spouse visa application.

Relationship background

I was introduced to my wife (Princess Elsa) through my family in March 2017 during a visit to Pakistan. I had met Elsa a number of times prior to this, (as she is an extended family member); however, those meets were simply family gathering or visits etc. During our formal introduction, the basis was with a view to marriage through our family’s arrangement.

Myself and Elsa simply hit it off quite well on our first meeting & had so much in common, such as our love for coffee, cats, reading & moreover spirituality. I am a very spiritual person & for me, in a life partner, I always wanted to find someone who was very in tune with this, as for me these things are so important in a healthy relationship.

We exchanged numbers during this visit, & spoke a few times upon my return to the UK in March 2017. Our friendship & understanding grew further & she had a great of sense of humour so we grew quite close. On Elsa’s 24th Birthday my parents whom were still in Pakistan, formally asked for Elsa’s hand in marriage with mine & Elsa’s consent, & our relationship was formed by the grace of the Lord.

I flew back to Pakistan in July 2017 for our Nikah (Islamic Marriage ceremony) which took place in Mirpur on the 10th July 2017. We continued to maintain a healthy relationship, as sustaining a long distance relationship requires a lot of patience from both sides. We always kept in touch regularly through WhatsApp & Calls & grew our relationship further by strengthening the communication despite the obvious distance.

As we come from joint families, it was also key that we built solid relationships with our respective family members too. We did this & members of my family have visited Elsa a number of times in Pakistan & I have visited Pakistan a number of times since our Nikah. During these visits, we would spend the maximum amount of time together, enjoying our married life whilst also spending time with our families.

Elsa has recently completed her BA hons undergraduate degree, through Allama Iqbal Open University (her life-long dream) as well as sustaining a part time make-up artist job & making women garments as a side job. This qualification, as well as her skills & experiences will be extremely beneficial in our plans going forward as it has given her tremendous transferrable skills that will help her immensely when she comes to the UK hence we are now ready to make the application for Elsa to join me here permanently in the UK.

Appendices List

As part of Elsa’s visa application we have included the following documents on the VFS Global Online Application site; to make it easier we have labelled them as they appear in the relevant sections of uploading (we are providing some annotation against each document to help you with assessing these documents);

Sponsor Evidence

Cover Letter for Spouse Visa Application a pdf document of this cover letter for the spouse visa application by Joe Bloggs for Elsa’s visa application.

Current Certified copy of Spouse UK British Passport - a pdf document of the certified copy of Joe Bloggs’s current valid UK British Passport.

Certified copy of expired spouse UK British Passporta pdf document of the certified copy of Joe Blogg’s expired UK British Passport.

Spouse UK Bank Statements Halifax Banka pdf document of the certified copy (by Halifax Bank, dated 09.09.2019) for Joe Blogg’s Current Account covering the dates 1 February 2019 through to 9 September 2019.

Credit Card Statement April 2019 a pdf document of the credit card statement detailing expenses & payments only for April 2019 for Joe Bloggs.

Credit Card Statement May 2019a pdf document of the credit card statement detailing expenses & payments only for May 2019 for Joe Bloggs.

Credit Card Statement June 2019a pdf document of the credit card statement detailing expenses & payments only for for June 2019 for Joe Bloggs.

Credit Card Statement July 2019a pdf document of the credit card statement detailing expenses & payments only for July 2019 for Joe Bloggs.

Credit Card Statement August 2019 a pdf document of the credit card detailing expenses & payments only for August 2019 for Joe Bloggs.

Housing letter from Mr Joe Bloggs & Mrs Joe Bloggsa pdf document of the copy of a signed letter indicating that my spouse & myself can stay indefinitely at their property.

Housing a letter from Joe Bloggs City Councila pdf document of the copy of official documentation from Joe Bloggs City Council advising of the permitted number of persons that can stay at the property.

Housing Barclays Bank Final Mortgage Statement 2018a pdf document of the copy of the final mortgage statement for the property owned by Mr Joe Bloggs & Mrs Joe Bloggs.

Housing Barclays Bank Mortgage Settlement Letter 2019a pdf document of the copy of the mortgage settlement for the property owned by Mr Joe Bloggs & Mrs Joe Bloggs.

Employment Offer Lettera pdf document of the copy of the employment Offer Letter for Joe Bloggs.

Employment Contracta pdf document of the copy of the Employment Contract for Joe Bloggs.

Employment Reference Lettera pdf document of the copy of the required Employment Reference Letter for Joe Bloggs.

Employment Payslip number 1 February 2019a pdf document of the copy of the payslip for February 2019 including email attachment detailing receipt of payslip for Joe Bloggs.

Employment Payslip number 2 March 2019 a pdf document of the copy of the payslip for March 2019 including email attachment detailing receipt of payslip for Joe Bloggs.

Employment Payslip number 3 April 2019 a pdf document of the copy of the payslip for April 2019 including email attachment detailing receipt of payslip for Joe Bloggs.

Employment Payslip number 4 May 2019a pdf document of the copy of the payslip for May 2019 including email attachment detailing receipt of payslip for Joe Bloggs.

Employment Payslip number 5 June 2019a pdf document of the copy of the payslip for June 2019 including email attachment detailing receipt of payslip for Joe Bloggs.

Employment Payslip number 6 July 2019 a pdf document of the copy of the payslip for July 2019 including email attachment detailing receipt of payslip for Joe Bloggs.

Employment Payslip number 7 August 2019 a pdf document of the copy of the payslip for August 2019 including email attachment detailing receipt of payslip for Joe Bloggs.

Employment P60a pdf document of the copy of the P60 detailing yearly income for the financial year April 2018 until April 2019 including email attachment detailing receipt of P60 for Joe Bloggs.

Pictures July 2017a pdf copy of pictures with annotations of Joe Bloggs & Elsa during the trip to Pakistan.

Pictures December 2017 until January 2018 a pdf copy of pictures with annotations of Joe Bloggs & Elsa during the trip to Pakistan.

Pictures March 2018 to April 2018 a pdf copy of pictures with annotations of Joe Bloggs & Elsa during the trip to Pakistan.

Pictures June 2019a pdf copy of pictures with annotations of Joe Bloggs & Elsa during the trip to Pakistan.

Communications Call Logs a pdf document of al call logs between Joe Bloggs & Elsa.

Communications Calling Cards a pdf document of calling cards Joe Bloggs has purchased over time to contact Elsa.

Communications WhatsApp Conversationa pdf document of the WhatsApp conversations between Joe Bloggs & Elsa.

Travel History March 2017a pdf document with tickets boarding passes & also passport stamps for Joe Bloggs for his visit to Pakistan.

Travel History July 2017a pdf document with tickets boarding passes & also passport stamps for Joe Bloggs for his visit to Pakistan.

Travel History December 2017 to January 2018a pdf document with tickets boarding passes & also passport stamps for Joe Bloggs for his visit to Pakistan.

Travel History March 2018 to April 2018a pdf document with tickets boarding passes & also passport stamps for Joe Bloggs for his visit to Pakistan.

Travel History June 2019a pdf document with tickets boarding passes & also passport stamps for Joe Bloggs for his visit to Pakistan.

Travel Document a pdf document of Joe Bloggs upcoming long weekend trip to Pakistan in September 2019.

International Bank Transfers 2017 a pdf document of all International Bank Transfers in 2017 from Joe Bloggs to Elsa to support her financially.

International Bank Transfers 2018a pdf document of all International Bank Transfers in 2018 from Joe Bloggs to Elsa to support her financially.

International Bank Transfers 2019a pdf document of all International Bank Transfers in 2019 from Joe Bloggs to Elsa to support her financially.

Nikah Ceremony Venue Confirmation a pdf document of the Nikah Ceremony that took place at Abbas Tower, Valley Homes in Mirpur in July 2017 between Joe Bloggs & Elsa.

Wedding Invitation Card Joe Bloggs & Elsa a pdf document of the copy of the Mehndi Celebration for Joe Bloggs in Pakistan & for Joe Bloggs & Elsa’s Walimah (Reception Party) in April 2018.

Wedding Invitation Card Joe Bloggs Cousina pdf document of the copy of the Wedding Celebration invites for Joe Bloggs cousin, which Joe Bloggs & Elsa.

Consent Letters and Proof of Relationship

Urdu Marriage Certificatea pdf document of the Marriage Certificate for Joe Bloggs & Elsa.

English Marriage Certificatea pdf document of the English Version of the Marriage Certificate for Joe Bloggs & Elsa.

Official Confirmation of Marriage by the State of Azad Jammu Kashmira pdf document of the copy of the state document detailing the marriage of Joe Bloggs & Elsa.

Educational Evidence

A1 English Language Test Certificate for Elsaa pdf document of the copy of the certificate detailing the passing of the A1 Language Test Certificate for Elsa.

Tuberculosis (TB) Certificate

Applicant TB Certificate for Elsa a pdf document of the TB Certificate for Applicant Elsa.

Additional Documents / Others

Applicant Current Pakistani Passport Copy a pdf document of the copy of the current Pakistani Passport for Elsa.

Urdu Divorce Certificate a pdf document of the copy of the divorce certificate between Elsa & her former partner.

Certified English Translated Divorce Certificate a pdf document of the English translated version of the divorce certificate between Elsa & her former partner.

Appendix II

UK Spouse Visa Application Forma pdf document of the copy of the fully completed application form that we have printed from the UK Home Office Website after completion of the application.

We really hope producing this appendices list will help you in assessing the application & we are extremely excited to hear from you soon about our application.

Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration of this application.

Yours Faithfully

Mr Joe Bloggs