ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Akk321
Newly Registered

Spouse visa questions

Post by Akk321 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi all.

Let me explain my situation .
I want to sponsor my wife to come and live with me here in UK. She lives in the UAE
All requirements are met and all documents were ready in April 2020
The problem was VFS dubai being closed so we could not apply.
VFS dubai has been open since 28 June which is very good thing .
However when applying there is no priority service available .
Usually the visa processing time from Dubai without priority service is 12 weeks but I am assuming that this might be longer now due to covid 19.

It be be very helpful if people could advice me if I should wait for prority service or apply now for standard service.
My thinking is that I should wait a few weeks to see if priority service becomes available again because if I apply now as standard then it might take longer than 12 weeks and then priority service does become available after I apply I will won't be able to upgrade after.

Now I know nobody probably knows when priority service will be available it would be very helpful if people could post their timelines if their visa for their spouse has been approved so it can help me make my decision .
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Even if priority service was available, it is not guaranteed. Many members have waited in excess of 90 working days with priority service.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... -7440.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:41 pm
Even if priority service was available, it is not guaranteed. Many members have waited in excess of 90 working days with priority service.

Thank you for replying .
I understand people have waiting a long time even after paying for prority service but that was before the lockdown. The VACs got closed so obviously they had to wait a long time .

I am talking about now that the VAC are open would it be better to apply now as standard or wait for priority?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:20 pm

I am talking about now that the VAC are open would it be better to apply now as standard or wait for priority?
That is a decision you would need to make. Also note that UKVI have a large backlog of applications, from within the UK and from abroad, and these will likely be processed and completed before any new applications are considered/processed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:26 pm

Akk321 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Thank you for replying .
I understand people have waiting a long time even after paying for prority service but that was before the lockdown. The VACs got closed so obviously they had to wait a long time .

Stay on the forum and timelines thread and watch out for people's feedback on their timelines/outcome so you can draw your conclusions then make your decision. Note that the said priority service no one has an idea of when it will resume.

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi.
Yes I am looking through threads but I can't seem to find any at the moment who have applied after the lockdown like after April/May.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Akk321 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:43 pm
Hi.
Yes I am looking through threads but I can't seem to find any at the moment who have applied after the lockdown like after April/May.
If there are any that applied, they would not have been processed as applicants would not have been able to enroll biometrics as the VFS and TLS centres have been closed. UKVI will not start processing visas until biometrics are enrolled.

During the lockdown period, the priority for UKVI was a) getting stranded British citizens back to the UK and b) dealing with those stuck in the UK with expiring visa who were unable to travel out of the UK. Initial visas outside the UK have been low to no priority.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 pm

I understand that was the UKVI priority during the lockdown which makes sense .
However now that they have opened VACS and VFS and TLS one could deduce that they are ready for applications.
I just don't want to be in a position where I am waiting for priority service to become available which could take months and I could have applied for standard service which would have been quicker .
But also I don't want to apply now for standard visa and after few weeks priority visa becomes available and my application is put into backlog and I have to wait even longer .
I hope I make sense .
It's all about whether waiting for priority service will be in me favour or not

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:58 pm

No one can tell you what to do or when priority MIGHT be available. This is a risk you will have to assess and take.

As UKVI is dealing with a mountain of backlog applications, it is highly unlikely that priority service will be available until the enormous backlog has cleared.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Akk321 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 pm
However now that they have opened VACS and VFS and TLS one could deduce that they are ready for applications.
I just don't want to be in a position where I am waiting for priority service to become available which could take months and I could have applied for standard service which would have been quicker .
But also I don't want to apply now for standard visa and after few weeks priority visa becomes available and my application is put into backlog and I have to wait even longer .
I hope I make sense .
Also keep in mind that priority service doesn't necessarily produce the decision instantly.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:09 pm
Akk321 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 pm
I hope I make sense .
Also keep in mind that priority service doesn't necessarily produce the decision instantly.
Last time I applied for priority service and got a decision back in 4 weeks.
It was refusal. Everything was accepted except on financial basis because I was working for my father so I needed to show 12 months statements instead of 6.
Usually from Dubai standard is 12 weeks and priority is 4 -6 weeks .

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Akk321 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:42 pm

Last time I applied for priority service and got a decision back in 4 weeks.
But now there is a national emergency and most activities are still on hiatus.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sajaws01
Newly Registered

Post by sajaws01 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:23 pm

I’ve applied for my husbands visa after lockdown he had his biometrics appointment in Rabat on the 29/06/20 he was told by TLS contact that he’ll get a decision after 6 weeks not sure how true that is. I got an email on the 09/07/20 saying his visa is getting processed but requested more documents. I’m actually surprised it’s getting processed so soon but I’m not sure on the timeline. I’m hopeful he’ll get it by September but if it’s Anytime before 2021 I’ll be happy with that.

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:31 pm

sajaws01 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:23 pm
I’ve applied for my husbands visa after lockdown he had his biometrics appointment in Rabat on the 29/06/20 he was told by TLS contact that he’ll get a decision after 6 weeks not sure how true that is. I got an email on the 09/07/20 saying his visa is getting processed but requested more documents. I’m actually surprised it’s getting processed so soon but I’m not sure on the timeline. I’m hopeful he’ll get it by September but if it’s Anytime before 2021 I’ll be happy with that.
Wow that seems fast that they are processing it .
I ma leaning towards applying now as standard but still having some doubts.
I will also be happy if anytime before 2021
Please keep me updated

sajaws01
Newly Registered

Post by sajaws01 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:38 pm

I initially also wanted to do the priority service but my solicitor advised me not to as mentioned before in this thread it doesn't always mean it'll get picked up any quicker. If you want any advise i'd say submit it now while you have the chance as the rules surrounding Covid-19 are constantly changing. They're predicting a second wave of covid-19 if lock-down is reinstated visa application centres will close again. When they re-open any visas submitted between now and then will get prioritised. If that was to happen you would be back to square one still waiting for the priority service. There's a lot of uncertainty around immigration rules atm best not to waste any time. I'll keep you updated if i hear anything new.

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:12 pm

sajaws01 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:38 pm
I initially also wanted to do the priority service but my solicitor advised me not to as mentioned before in this thread it doesn't always mean it'll get picked up any quicker. If you want any advise i'd say submit it now while you have the chance as the rules surrounding Covid-19 are constantly changing. They're predicting a second wave of covid-19 if lock-down is reinstated visa application centres will close again. When they re-open any visas submitted between now and then will get prioritised. If that was to happen you would be back to square one still waiting for the priority service. There's a lot of uncertainty around immigration rules atm best not to waste any time. I'll keep you updated if i hear anything new.
Thank you very much for your input.
I have decided to go through with standard service.
I am also worried about a second wave and second lockdown .
Please can you tell me exactly word for word the email (taking out personal info) that u received to tell you that your husband visa is being processed as it will help me alot.
Please keep me updated as much as you can.

sajaws01
Newly Registered

Post by sajaws01 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Akk321 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:12 pm
sajaws01 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:38 pm
Thank you very much for your input.
I have decided to go through with standard service.
I am also worried about a second wave and second lockdown .
Please can you tell me exactly word for word the email (taking out personal info) that u received to tell you that your husband visa is being processed as it will help me alot.
Please keep me updated as much as you can.
Thats great news in sha' Allah it will get accepted quick. The email i received was as following.

Sheffield Settlement Docs Requested (Sensitive) <Sheffield.SettlementDocsRequested@fco.gov.uk>
Thu 09/07/2020 16:55
Dear xxxx xxx

Regarding Visa Application: GWxxxxx

For: Applicant’s name xxxxxx

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

You have stated in your Visa Application Form that your sponsor has been employed by xxxx since July 2017 and also by xxxxx since October 2019. I acknowledge that you have provided the following documents:

· Letter of employment from both xxxx and xxxx

· Your sponsor’s payslips from November 2019 to April 2020 from xxxx

· Your sponsor’s payslips December 2019 to May 2020 from xxxxxx

· Your sponsor’s bank statements for the period 2 December 2019 to 6 May 2020

The Immigration Rules state that in respect of salaried employment in the UK, all of the following evidence must be provided (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/):

(a) Payslips covering: (i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary; (ii) the length of their employment; (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

I can accept the employment letters, however, I do require the following documents:

1. Your sponsor’s payslips for May and June 2020 with regards to her employment with xxxxxx

2. Your sponsor’s payslip for June 2020 with regards to her employment with xxxxx

3. Your sponsor’s bank statements from May to the present day, which show her salary deposits for May and June 2020.

Please send these documents as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to

Sheffield.SettlementDocsRequested@fco.gov.uk

quoting your application reference in the subject line. Please attach the document directly to the email as we are unable to access links to files hosted on sites such as Dropbox™ or Google Drive™.

Unfortunately due to the current COVID 19 outbreak, and the widespread travel and working restrictions both in the UK and abroad, our usual working practices have been disrupted and this may mean that we are not able to implement your decision once the requested information/evidence has been provided. Your application may remain on hold until normal service resumes.

We will endeavour to implement your decision as soon as we are able to do so.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

I forwarded this email to my solicitor and she sent me this

This is good news because they are actually processing it. It is unreasonable to request these documents, as the date of application was 15 May, however the quickest way to resolve the matter will be to do as they ask.

You can either send the payslips and bank statements directly, or pass them to us to send on your behalf, whichever you would prefer.
Best wishes

xxxx

Senior Immigration Adviser

my solicitor then sent the additional information requested on the 15/07/20. So now i'm just waiting. I'll let you know if i get a reply.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:35 pm

sajaws01 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:14 pm

I can accept the employment letters, however, I do require the following documents:

1. Your sponsor’s payslips for May and June 2020 with regards to her employment with xxxxxx

2. Your sponsor’s payslip for June 2020 with regards to her employment with xxxxx

3. Your sponsor’s bank statements from May to the present day, which show her salary deposits for May and June 2020.

Yes asking above is bizarre which even contradicts to their own guidance. Also it was good idea to send them whatever they had asked for prompt decision.

sajaws01
Newly Registered

Post by sajaws01 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:35 pm
sajaws01 wrote:

Yes asking above is bizarre which even contradicts to their own guidance. Also it was good idea to send them whatever they had asked for prompt decision.
That's what my solicitor was saying its very strange. Would you say its normal to receive this email so quick also if its normal for them to be processing applications this soon from the biometrics appointment because i'm feeling quite hopeful on the 6 weeks timescale my husband was advised.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:58 pm

sajaws01 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:51 pm
seagul wrote:
sajaws01 wrote:

That's what my solicitor was saying its very strange. Would you say its normal to receive this email so quick also if its normal for them to be processing applications this soon from the biometrics appointment because i'm feeling quite hopeful on the 6 weeks timescale my husband was advised.
Many receive similar email within few days and nothing can be predicted.

sajaws01
Newly Registered

Post by sajaws01 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:12 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:58 pm
sajaws01 wrote:
seagul wrote:
sajaws01 wrote:

I thought so as I've been looking through other members timelines. Just hoping for the best.

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:07 pm

sajaws01 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:12 pm
seagul wrote:
sajaws01 wrote:
seagul wrote:

I thought so as I've been looking through other members timelines. Just hoping for the best.

Insha'Allah everything goes well for both of us..
Tomorrow I have appointment with solicitor and we are going to pay for standard service and submit documents.
Let's hope not waiting for priority service goes to our favour.
I will keep you updated and you keep me updated . Any emails anything u hear from them please post. Btw which other members timelines are you looking at?

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:09 pm

seagul wrote:
sajaws01 wrote:
seagul wrote:
sajaws01 wrote:

Hi seagul
Have you seen anyone that has got their who have applied like after may?

sajaws01
Newly Registered

Post by sajaws01 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Akk321 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:07 pm
sajaws01 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:12 pm
seagul wrote:
sajaws01 wrote:

Insha'Allah everything goes well for both of us..
Tomorrow I have appointment with solicitor and we are going to pay for standard service and submit documents.
Let's hope not waiting for priority service goes to our favour.
I will keep you updated and you keep me updated . Any emails anything u hear from them please post. Btw which other members timelines are you looking at?
In sha'Allah and thats good we can only hope and its a timeline before lockdown i was just looking if anyone received any emails similar to the one i got sent. Like yourself i couldn't find anyone who had applied after lockdown.

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:27 pm

In sha'Allah and thats good we can only hope and its a timeline before lockdown i was just looking if anyone received any emails similar to the one i got sent. Like yourself i couldn't find anyone who had applied after lockdown.
[/quote]

Just paid for everything . Standard service .
Wife biometrics appointment in UAE on 29 July.
Insha'Allah everything goes well.
I heard that before enrolling biometrics you can change your application to priority service if it does become available so let's see what happens in 1 week, though I highly doubt it.
Imagine me waiting all this time for priority service and as soon as my wife enrolls biometrics priority service becomes available. That will be a knife in the heart. What a bad luck lol