ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision made email

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wobblylamppost
Newly Registered
New Zealand

refusal decision withdrawn - visa appeal uk

Post by Wobblylamppost » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:01 am

Hi,
I applied for a settlement visa but was refused. I appealed and received the following email on 9/10/18. Does this mean I will definitely get in? And does anyone have any idea of time frame?

I am writing to inform you that I have reviewed the decision made on 27 Feb 2018 to refuse your application.

The original refusal decision has been withdrawn and a recommendation made to the Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided to grant entry clearance.

The reasons for the withdrawal are:  New information

It will only be under rare circumstances that this withdrawal will not result in the grant of entry clearance. Such circumstances would be those that, even in the event of an allowed appeal, would cause the Secretary of State not to grant entry clearance. It is therefore submitted that there is no good reason not to permit the withdrawal. Pursuant to Tribunal Procedure Rule 17(2), the respondent respectfully requests that this appeal be withdrawn.

The Decision Making Centre will contact you in due course with further information about any next steps you need to take.

This letter is being copied to the Tribunal.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: refusal decision withdrawn - visa appeal uk

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 am

Yes - wait around 12 weeks for the overturn
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Wobblylamppost
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Wobblylamppost » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Thanks. I am applying from new Zealand. Is that approximately 12 weeks to get the visa or 12 weeks before the Home Office asks for my passport?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:03 am

It can take around 12 weeks for home office to ask for passport submission and then the issue of the visa. Sometimes people get asked much quicker.

There are people waiting 4 months plus after an overturn decision. Just depends how quickly the Home Office, British High Commission in NZ and then the VFS in NZ communicate.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Wobblylamppost
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Decision made email

Post by Wobblylamppost » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:25 pm

I applied for a settlement visa, was refused, appealed, Home Office withdrew refusal, was asked for passport etc and then got this email yesterday

Dear

Regarding Visa Application:
For

Thank you for your enquiry

I can confirm that a decision has been made on your application. You may have already been notified of the decision and will be contacted again within the next few days, regarding the return of your documents.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

Reading the email my thoughts are that the Home Office have found another way to refuse me. Has anyone else had this or what are your thoughts?

atiqehsan
Newly Registered

Re: Decision made email

Post by atiqehsan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Wobblylamppost wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:25 pm
I applied for a settlement visa, was refused, appealed, Home Office withdrew refusal, was asked for passport etc and then got this email yesterday

Dear

Regarding Visa Application:
For

Thank you for your enquiry

I can confirm that a decision has been made on your application. You may have already been notified of the decision and will be contacted again within the next few days, regarding the return of your documents.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

Reading the email my thoughts are that the Home Office have found another way to refuse me. Has anyone else had this or what are your thoughts?

Hi how long did the homeoffice asked for passport submission? Just got the email yesterday and wanted to know how long are they going to take after they withdraw their original decision?
Regards
atiq