ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DKV
India

Dependent ILR

Post by DKV » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I am a British citizen and my wife and daughter are on flrm visa.

My daughter was born in India in 2014 and moved to the UK in 2015 when she was 9 months old. I got my citizenship this year in June so wanted to know whether my daughter is eligible for ILR/Citizenship. Both my wife and daughter have a valid visa(flrm) until March 2024. They would have spent 5 years on flrm visa by January 2024.

Please advise.

Thanks,
DKV

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:51 pm

I got my citizenship this year in June so wanted to know whether my daughter is eligible for ILR/Citizenship.
No she is not.

She will qualify to apply for ilr when your wife does and for citizenship when your wife does once they both have ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.