ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document changes Feb 2020

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

sohail111
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:45 am

Document changes Feb 2020

Post by sohail111 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:31 am

Hi, went to the London VFS office yesterday and the office clerk said that there had been changes from Feb 2020 regarding document submission, specifically:

o No whatsapp logs
o No call logs
o No money transfers
o No wedding card invites
o Only 10 pages of relationship photos

There was a page she provided where it had this information but I wasnt able to make a copy.

Has anyone heard this too? If so it would be good to view the PDF once again, I would share it if I had a copy but I dont.

shazam2020
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:54 pm
Mood:

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by shazam2020 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi Sohail,

I have applied for my visa today and I read this on the VFS site today.

Instead of whats app, I have submitted a few more pictures.

Regards
Shyam

mavaas11
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by mavaas11 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi,

Do you guys have any links for this change in policy.

I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Mallu_Desi
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:35 pm

sohail111 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:31 am
Hi, went to the London VFS office yesterday and the office clerk said that there had been changes from Feb 2020 regarding document submission, specifically:

o No whatsapp logs
o No call logs
o No money transfers
o No wedding card invites
o Only 10 pages of relationship photos

There was a page she provided where it had this information but I wasnt able to make a copy.

Has anyone heard this too? If so it would be good to view the PDF once again, I would share it if I had a copy but I dont.
Hi Suhail,

How can an applicant can prove whether their relationship is genuine without all these? :|

Mallu_Desi
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:36 pm

shazam2020 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:38 pm
Hi Sohail,

I have applied for my visa today and I read this on the VFS site today.

Instead of whats app, I have submitted a few more pictures.

Regards
Shyam
Can see you have submitted your application today. I wanted to ask some questions. However, the system doesn’t allow me to DM you :|

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10201
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:26 pm

sohail111 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:31 am
Hi, went to the London VFS office yesterday and the office clerk said that there had been changes from Feb 2020 regarding document submission, specifically:

o No whatsapp logs
o No call logs
o No money transfers
o No wedding card invites
o Only 10 pages of relationship photos

There was a page she provided where it had this information but I wasnt able to make a copy.

Has anyone heard this too? If so it would be good to view the PDF once again, I would share it if I had a copy but I dont.
Try to visit same centre on different day or visit another centre because not allowing to attach as above might not enable the applicant to prove the subsisting relationship. Few members from outside the UK have also been sharing same experience.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tops_k
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by tops_k » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi,

I submitted supporting documents last week in Manchester and was told/shown the same. Lady at desk made me take out all chat logs/screenshots, and all photos apart from 10 wedding day pictures.

Tops.

sohail111
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:45 am

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by sohail111 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:22 am

tops_k wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:16 pm
Hi,

I submitted supporting documents last week in Manchester and was told/shown the same. Lady at desk made me take out all chat logs/screenshots, and all photos apart from 10 wedding day pictures.

Tops.

Do you think it will make it harder for us?
That’s alot of good and satisfactory evidence which took some time to collate

Tania10
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Nigeria

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by Tania10 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm

Oh wow this is quite the news.

What about if we scan and send documents? Would they remove the documents too?

Is their any link for this update because I’ve searched online and I can’t find any recent news regarding this.

tops_k
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by tops_k » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:35 pm

I'm really not sure. I'd expect it to be easier if they're wanting less proof of relationship.

tania-
i cant comment on self upload as i opted to go into the visa centre in person. the self upload isnt up to scratch as far as im aware, lot of issues with file sizes and error when uploading.

AkuaTT
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 am

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by AkuaTT » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm
Oh wow this is quite the news.

What about if we scan and send documents? Would they remove the documents too?

Is their any link for this update because I’ve searched online and I can’t find any recent news regarding this.
I’m in the process at the moment using the self upload system (TLS) with no issues at all. It looks like the max size is 10MB and if you have a quality scanner at home, full Adobe reader (to compress) and scan your self it’s easier. There isn’t any limit to what you can upload, but obviously shouldn’t go overboard. I think they’re trying to make it easier on their staff at the centres(I’ve heard they are an absolute NIGHTMARE). Heard some stories earlier this year about them missing out documents and I decided I wouldn’t even try that and self upload our docs instead.

10 photos is absurd, if they want evidence they are getting THE FULL HEAVY ARTILLERY from me!! :D (within reason lol)

AkuaTT
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 am

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by AkuaTT » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 pm

AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pm
Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm
Oh wow this is quite the news.

What about if we scan and send documents? Would they remove the documents too?

Is their any link for this update because I’ve searched online and I can’t find any recent news regarding this.
I’m in the process at the moment using the self upload system (TLS) with no issues at all. It looks like the max size is 10MB and if you have a quality scanner at home, full Adobe reader (to compress) and scan your self it’s easier. There isn’t any limit to what you can upload, but obviously shouldn’t go overboard. I think they’re trying to make it easier on their staff at the centres(I’ve heard they are an absolute NIGHTMARE). Heard some stories earlier this year about them missing out documents and I decided I wouldn’t even try that and self upload our docs instead.

10 photos is absurd, if they want evidence they are getting THE FULL HEAVY ARTILLERY from me!! :D (within reason lol)
Tls have this info, here’s the link: https://static.tlscontact.com/media/glo ... rocess.pdf

But the photo’s and WhatsApp limit etc refers to documents that are sent for scanning not self upload.

tops_k
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by tops_k » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:28 pm

AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pm
Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm
Oh wow this is quite the news.

What about if we scan and send documents? Would they remove the documents too?

Is their any link for this update because I’ve searched online and I can’t find any recent news regarding this.
I’m in the process at the moment using the self upload system (TLS) with no issues at all. It looks like the max size is 10MB and if you have a quality scanner at home, full Adobe reader (to compress) and scan your self it’s easier. There isn’t any limit to what you can upload, but obviously shouldn’t go overboard. I think they’re trying to make it easier on their staff at the centres(I’ve heard they are an absolute NIGHTMARE). Heard some stories earlier this year about them missing out documents and I decided I wouldn’t even try that and self upload our docs instead.

10 photos is absurd, if they want evidence they are getting THE FULL HEAVY ARTILLERY from me!! :D (within reason lol)
hmm, thats just made me worry... 93 pages of my documents took 10min for them to scan/hand back, and then 2 hours to confirm it had been uploaded successfully

Tania10
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Nigeria

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by Tania10 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:37 pm

AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 pm
AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pm
Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm
Oh wow this is quite the news.

What about if we scan and send documents? Would they remove the documents too?

Is their any link for this update because I’ve searched online and I can’t find any recent news regarding this.
I’m in the process at the moment using the self upload system (TLS) with no issues at all. It looks like the max size is 10MB and if you have a quality scanner at home, full Adobe reader (to compress) and scan your self it’s easier. There isn’t any limit to what you can upload, but obviously shouldn’t go overboard. I think they’re trying to make it easier on their staff at the centres(I’ve heard they are an absolute NIGHTMARE). Heard some stories earlier this year about them missing out documents and I decided I wouldn’t even try that and self upload our docs instead.

10 photos is absurd, if they want evidence they are getting THE FULL HEAVY ARTILLERY from me!! :D (within reason lol)
Tls have this info, here’s the link: https://static.tlscontact.com/media/glo ... rocess.pdf

But the photo’s and WhatsApp limit etc refers to documents that are sent for scanning not self upload.
LOL I totally understand. It’s ridiculous to ask for 10 photos and base a decision on that. My partner and I have been together for more than 2 years so they are definitely getting more than 10 photos from me lol

Ah thank you so much! I’ve never come across this link before. It’s more than helpful!

From what I deduced, you can still send WhatsApp chats and call logs but to a minimum.

I’m using the self service but I’m hearing conflicting reports that assisted scanning is better. We are applying from inside the UK so I don’t know if that helps in anyway.

I have a UK university degree, does that have to be in colour or grey scale as mentioned in the link?

Tania10
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Nigeria

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by Tania10 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:40 pm

tops_k wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:35 pm
I'm really not sure. I'd expect it to be easier if they're wanting less proof of relationship.

tania-
i cant comment on self upload as i opted to go into the visa centre in person. the self upload isnt up to scratch as far as im aware, lot of issues with file sizes and error when uploading.
This is my fear. Self scanning documents and encountering issues. And there’s no turning back if you select self scanning and have a change of mind

sohail111
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:45 am

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by sohail111 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:02 pm

tops_k wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:28 pm
AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pm
Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm
Oh wow this is quite the news.

What about if we scan and send documents? Would they remove the documents too?

Is their any link for this update because I’ve searched online and I can’t find any recent news regarding this.
I’m in the process at the moment using the self upload system (TLS) with no issues at all. It looks like the max size is 10MB and if you have a quality scanner at home, full Adobe reader (to compress) and scan your self it’s easier. There isn’t any limit to what you can upload, but obviously shouldn’t go overboard. I think they’re trying to make it easier on their staff at the centres(I’ve heard they are an absolute NIGHTMARE). Heard some stories earlier this year about them missing out documents and I decided I wouldn’t even try that and self upload our docs instead.

10 photos is absurd, if they want evidence they are getting THE FULL HEAVY ARTILLERY from me!! :D (within reason lol)
hmm, thats just made me worry... 93 pages of my documents took 10min for them to scan/hand back, and then 2 hours to confirm it had been uploaded successfully

Thats worrying me now because i didnt get a sms or email after my london walk in appointment. The lady just said id be notified of a final decision. Its been 3 days and no confirmation

tops_k
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by tops_k » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:14 pm

sohail111 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:02 pm
tops_k wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:28 pm
AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pm
Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm
Oh wow this is quite the news.

What about if we scan and send documents? Would they remove the documents too?

Is their any link for this update because I’ve searched online and I can’t find any recent news regarding this.
I’m in the process at the moment using the self upload system (TLS) with no issues at all. It looks like the max size is 10MB and if you have a quality scanner at home, full Adobe reader (to compress) and scan your self it’s easier. There isn’t any limit to what you can upload, but obviously shouldn’t go overboard. I think they’re trying to make it easier on their staff at the centres(I’ve heard they are an absolute NIGHTMARE). Heard some stories earlier this year about them missing out documents and I decided I wouldn’t even try that and self upload our docs instead.

10 photos is absurd, if they want evidence they are getting THE FULL HEAVY ARTILLERY from me!! :D (within reason lol)
hmm, thats just made me worry... 93 pages of my documents took 10min for them to scan/hand back, and then 2 hours to confirm it had been uploaded successfully

Thats worrying me now because i didnt get a sms or email after my london walk in appointment. The lady just said id be notified of a final decision. Its been 3 days and no confirmation
likewise, no email or text but got a receipt from the walk-in, with how many pages were submitted, name of applicant etc.

AkuaTT
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 am

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by AkuaTT » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:41 pm

Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:37 pm
AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 pm
AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pm
Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm
Oh wow this is quite the news.

What about if we scan and send documents? Would they remove the documents too?

Is their any link for this update because I’ve searched online and I can’t find any recent news regarding this.
I’m in the process at the moment using the self upload system (TLS) with no issues at all. It looks like the max size is 10MB and if you have a quality scanner at home, full Adobe reader (to compress) and scan your self it’s easier. There isn’t any limit to what you can upload, but obviously shouldn’t go overboard. I think they’re trying to make it easier on their staff at the centres(I’ve heard they are an absolute NIGHTMARE). Heard some stories earlier this year about them missing out documents and I decided I wouldn’t even try that and self upload our docs instead.

10 photos is absurd, if they want evidence they are getting THE FULL HEAVY ARTILLERY from me!! :D (within reason lol)
Tls have this info, here’s the link: https://static.tlscontact.com/media/glo ... rocess.pdf

But the photo’s and WhatsApp limit etc refers to documents that are sent for scanning not self upload.
LOL I totally understand. It’s ridiculous to ask for 10 photos and base a decision on that. My partner and I have been together for more than 2 years so they are definitely getting more than 10 photos from me lol

Ah thank you so much! I’ve never come across this link before. It’s more than helpful!

From what I deduced, you can still send WhatsApp chats and call logs but to a minimum.

I’m using the self service but I’m hearing conflicting reports that assisted scanning is better. We are applying from inside the UK so I don’t know if that helps in anyway.

I have a UK university degree, does that have to be in colour or grey scale as mentioned in the link?
Well they say you can upload in greyscale to reduce the file size. All our documents are in colour but I reduced the file sizes by compressing them. As long as the scans are very clear and sharp you’re alright.

AkuaTT
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 am

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by AkuaTT » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:40 pm
tops_k wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:35 pm
I'm really not sure. I'd expect it to be easier if they're wanting less proof of relationship.

tania-
i cant comment on self upload as i opted to go into the visa centre in person. the self upload isnt up to scratch as far as im aware, lot of issues with file sizes and error when uploading.
This is my fear. Self scanning documents and encountering issues. And there’s no turning back if you select self scanning and have a change of mind
From what I can see from my end, though we have chosen to do self upload/self scan, if we encounter issues and have not submitted the docs we can still choose the assisted scanning service as long as the biometric appointment hasn’t happened yet.

billybig
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by billybig » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:25 pm

Having just (2 weeks ago) used the TLSContact edossier esolo5 whatever you want to call it, it's not ideal but it is functional. None of my docs (some as many as 30 pages) were over size limit, even in colour. The tricky part is categorising the documents as the categories are all generic and not suitable for every visa application.
There was no change to guidance that we were told of, so we submitted a few pages of Whatsapp chats as evidence.
In the end you click submit and wait. It takes some time (20 minutes) for the page to reload, and then they all appeared as "accepted" and you were offered to print this list. It says you need to print the list and take it to biometric appointment. We did so, they also confirmed they could see the same documents in their online system.
So, in hindsight, and looking at others' comments. I strongly recommend the self-service upload. Take your time, make a list of all your documents, upload them one by one, then check every one and tick it back off the list to make sure you missed nothing.
Remember any critical documents (as long as not too many) they will likely email you to provide this, it may not compromise the application.

Tania10
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Nigeria

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by Tania10 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:12 pm

AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:41 pm
Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:37 pm
AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 pm
AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pm


I’m in the process at the moment using the self upload system (TLS) with no issues at all. It looks like the max size is 10MB and if you have a quality scanner at home, full Adobe reader (to compress) and scan your self it’s easier. There isn’t any limit to what you can upload, but obviously shouldn’t go overboard. I think they’re trying to make it easier on their staff at the centres(I’ve heard they are an absolute NIGHTMARE). Heard some stories earlier this year about them missing out documents and I decided I wouldn’t even try that and self upload our docs instead.

10 photos is absurd, if they want evidence they are getting THE FULL HEAVY ARTILLERY from me!! :D (within reason lol)
Tls have this info, here’s the link: https://static.tlscontact.com/media/glo ... rocess.pdf

But the photo’s and WhatsApp limit etc refers to documents that are sent for scanning not self upload.
LOL I totally understand. It’s ridiculous to ask for 10 photos and base a decision on that. My partner and I have been together for more than 2 years so they are definitely getting more than 10 photos from me lol

Ah thank you so much! I’ve never come across this link before. It’s more than helpful!

From what I deduced, you can still send WhatsApp chats and call logs but to a minimum.

I’m using the self service but I’m hearing conflicting reports that assisted scanning is better. We are applying from inside the UK so I don’t know if that helps in anyway.

I have a UK university degree, does that have to be in colour or grey scale as mentioned in the link?
Well they say you can upload in greyscale to reduce the file size. All our documents are in colour but I reduced the file sizes by compressing them. As long as the scans are very clear and sharp you’re alright.
Thank you :)
I’ve just been doing some search online and the self service has become a bit clearer to me now.

Goodluck with your application. Do keep us updated :)

AkuaTT
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 am

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by AkuaTT » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:42 am

Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:12 pm
AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:41 pm
Tania10 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:37 pm
AkuaTT wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 pm


Tls have this info, here’s the link: https://static.tlscontact.com/media/glo ... rocess.pdf

But the photo’s and WhatsApp limit etc refers to documents that are sent for scanning not self upload.
LOL I totally understand. It’s ridiculous to ask for 10 photos and base a decision on that. My partner and I have been together for more than 2 years so they are definitely getting more than 10 photos from me lol

Ah thank you so much! I’ve never come across this link before. It’s more than helpful!

From what I deduced, you can still send WhatsApp chats and call logs but to a minimum.

I’m using the self service but I’m hearing conflicting reports that assisted scanning is better. We are applying from inside the UK so I don’t know if that helps in anyway.

I have a UK university degree, does that have to be in colour or grey scale as mentioned in the link?
Well they say you can upload in greyscale to reduce the file size. All our documents are in colour but I reduced the file sizes by compressing them. As long as the scans are very clear and sharp you’re alright.
Thank you :)
I’ve just been doing some search online and the self service has become a bit clearer to me now.

Goodluck with your application. Do keep us updated :)
Had no issues uploading the supporting docs on the TLS site on Tuesday evening, all documents said “accepted”. The biggest file was 7.7MB. My husband had has biometrics this morning. With a FLEXI appointment he was seen within 20 mins of entering. He was there for about an hour and he was done! So fingers crossed!

Manugmedia
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am
Ethiopia

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:47 am

Hi Guys,
Can you combine multiple pages of say bank statement and upload as one .pdf document or you have to upload them page by page(A4 size)?

Thanks

AkuaTT
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 am

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by AkuaTT » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:47 am
Hi Guys,
Can you combine multiple pages of say bank statement and upload as one .pdf document or you have to upload them page by page(A4 size)?

Thanks

I uploaded statement by statement, then named appropriately. E.g ‘Jan’2020 Statement’ ‘Feb’2020 Statement’

Mallu_Desi
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Document changes Feb 2020

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:56 pm

mavaas11 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:07 pm
Hi,

Do you guys have any links for this change in policy.

I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
I tried looking in VFS website. Couldn’t find anything about changes? Am I looking at wrong place?

Locked
cron