ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents on TLS for Spouse visa uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Re: Documents on TLS for Spouse visa uk

Post by shyamgorasia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Thanks.

I also read somewhere that you can only spend certain amount of days outside of UK on your initial spouse visa. Where does it say this on gov website? Is it 90 days in 12 months?

Does her residency period to settlement still continue even if she's outside of UK once she's made entry in the UK already?

Kjnd regards
Shyam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:28 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:16 pm
Thanks.

I also read somewhere that you can only spend certain amount of days outside of UK on your initial spouse visa. Where does it say this on gov website? Is it 90 days in 12 months?

Does her residency period to settlement still continue even if she's outside of UK once she's made entry in the UK already?

Kjnd regards
Shyam
There is NO absence limit for spouse visa holders. Buy obviously she can live abroad for 5 years and only come to the UK for visa renewal or ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:41 pm

OK thanks, sorry forgot to say that, if not entitled a free extension on 90 day visa, would they accept it if she extends and pays, or would they question why she couldn't travel even in 3 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:46 pm

She will likely have to pay for a visa vignette transfer, cost a couple of hundred pounds.

You should try get your spouse to arrive on current visa. There are still flights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:41 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:41 pm
OK thanks, sorry forgot to say that, if not entitled a free extension on 90 day visa, would they accept it if she extends and pays, or would they question why she couldn't travel even in 3 months?
As CR001 advised, i would get her to travel on the current vignette. I believe your spouse applied from Nairobi and the sky's are very much open there. Vignette extension will cost you around 150 quid, add 200 quid to that and you have a plane ticket, the earlier you book the cheaper.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Yeah I'm getting her to do that. Thanks guys.

the online passenger locator form when she arrives to UK, can I fill this in on her behalf if she gives me the flight booking details? Or does she need to do it?

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-cont ... -travel-uk

Thanks
Shyam

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:24 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 pm

the online passenger locator form when she arrives to UK, can I fill this in on her behalf if she gives me the flight booking details? Or does she need to do it?

Thanks
Shyam
Most likely wont make any difference where the applicant's/passenger's email will be used. Still further information can be obtained from the free number shown at the bottom of the link.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:24 pm
shyamgorasia wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Thanks
Shyam
Most likely wont make any difference where the applicant's/passenger's email will be used. Still further information can be obtained from the free number shown at the bottom of the link.
Yes just get her a print copy for her to hand over with her passport and tuberculosis certificate to the border force official, makes the process easier. She will simply be landed.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:41 pm

Website says you can hold it on your phone and they scan the qr code.

Ill just fill it in when she departs then it'll be sent to her email

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:22 am

Hi guys. Just a quick question.

When you open joint bank account will I need to transfer all my direct debits to it, I.e. Salary pay in to that account?

Or do they just need to see that you've got a joint account and her salary is going into it only.

Kind regards
Shyam

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:56 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:22 am
Hi guys. Just a quick question.

When you open joint bank account will I need to transfer all my direct debits to it, I.e. Salary pay in to that account?

Or do they just need to see that you've got a joint account and her salary is going into it only.

Kind regards
Shyam
For a legally married couples it doesn't matter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Thanks. Just a question about flr.

Visa letter she received when she went to collect passport says she has permission to be in uk from 25 August 2020 to 25 May 2023.

She entered uk on 02 October 2020 and collected brp on 16 October 2020.

What date do we apply for flr? Does the 33 months start from when she entered uk, in that case it would bring us to July 2023 by which visa expires?

Thanks
Shyam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:25 pm

What date do we apply for flr?
No sooner than 28ndays before reaching 30 months residence, counted from the date she entered the UK, latest to apply is by visa expiry date.
Does the 33 months start from when she entered uk, in that case it would bring us to July 2023 by which visa expires?
Her qualifying period for ilr starts counting from the date she entered the UK, regardless of how long she took to enter the UK. The 33 months visa is from the date of approval and initial visa start date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)