ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA/Article 10

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

timjohnson
Newly Registered

EEA/Article 10

Post by timjohnson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi, can anybody help..ive been through the gove sites, amongst others, but still unclear on a couple of things.
I am a British Citizen who moved to Spain 14 years ago, primarily for work and have lived permanently in Spain always employed until recently when self employed. I do not own property but have had rented and hsve contracts.
I met my wife whonis a national of Dominican Republic over 4 years ago initially in Dominican Republic and shortly after she came to study in Spain and we have lived togetjer since and beem married 1 year.
We have a daughter of 8 months who has a British passport and my wife has a resident card, as a family member of an EU citizen, and a social security number.
She has not worked here as it took a long tine to get her resudent card and we have been busy having a baby..neither has she claimed anything, and has been and is dependent on me.
We wish to return to the UK to live permanently , we feel it will be bwtter fiecoue daughter and we both have good job prospects , my wife being a gp.
I have been offered a full time job when i return, but to keep the job open i am travelling every week and returning at weekends as a self emploted spanish worker, which is far from i.deal
I understand we should be able to apply for a eea permit under surrinder singh and have every xhance of being successful.
My wife can currently travel to uk on article 10 accompanying me or if im there and my daughter has a british passport.
Is there anything stopping us going to uk on srticle 10 and staying there whilst applying for eea or permanrnt residence for us all?
Thank you.

Casa

Re: EEA/Article 10

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:50 pm

timjohnson wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:29 pm
Hi, can anybody help..ive been through the gove sites, amongst others, but still unclear on a couple of things.
I am a British Citizen who moved to Spain 14 years ago, primarily for work and have lived permanently in Spain always employed until recently when self employed. I do not own property but have had rented and hsve contracts.
I met my wife whonis a national of Dominican Republic over 4 years ago initially in Dominican Republic and shortly after she came to study in Spain and we have lived togetjer since and beem married 1 year.
We have a daughter of 8 months who has a British passport and my wife has a resident card, as a family member of an EU citizen, and a social security number.
She has not worked here as it took a long tine to get her resudent card and we have been busy having a baby..neither has she claimed anything, and has been and is dependent on me.
We wish to return to the UK to live permanently , we feel it will be bwtter fiecoue daughter and we both have good job prospects , my wife being a gp.
I have been offered a full time job when i return, but to keep the job open i am travelling every week and returning at weekends as a self emploted spanish worker, which is far from i.deal
I understand we should be able to apply for a eea permit under surrinder singh and have every xhance of being successful.
My wife can currently travel to uk on article 10 accompanying me or if im there and my daughter has a british passport.
Is there anything stopping us going to uk on srticle 10 and staying there whilst applying for eea or permanrnt residence for us all?
Thank you.
Instead of repeating the same post, please continue in your original topic.

eea-route-applications/eea-surinder-sin ... l#p1681674
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.