Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP or regular Visit Visa for visit from my MIL?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:44 am

EEA FP or regular Visit Visa for visit from my MIL?

Post by dsab85 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:26 am


my (EU citizen) amd my wife have been living and both working in the UK for 13 months now, and my wife has been issued the 5 years residence permit last september.

Now we would like to invite my MIL over for a few weeks. Can she also apply for the EEA FP or does she need to apply for a regular tourist visa? she has no intentions on staying here for longer, so she won't apply for any kind of residency in the future.

Thanks for your input.