ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sam77
Newly Registered

EEA4

Post by sam77 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi evryone wondering if anyone could help.
My problem is :my EEA2 expiring nxt month and will have to apply for ILR without my husband who is the EU national.
our marraige dissolved couple of months ago and he left me and would not return my calls and took all his documents and did not want to help me .It looks like i will have to apply for EEA4 and filing for divorce at the same time.So my application will be at home office and i wouldnt have received my decree absolute.
Does any1 know what is likely to happen to my case. :roll:
Thanks

vegeta_2009

Re: EEA4

Post by vegeta_2009 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 pm

sam77 wrote:Hi evryone wondering if anyone could help.
My problem is :my EEA2 expiring nxt month and will have to apply for ILR without my husband who is the EU national.
our marraige dissolved couple of months ago and he left me and would not return my calls and took all his documents and did not want to help me .It looks like i will have to apply for EEA4 and filing for divorce at the same time.So my application will be at home office and i wouldnt have received my decree absolute.
Does any1 know what is likely to happen to my case. :roll:
Thanks
i asked the same question last time, i think if you were married with this guys for at least 3 years and you have proof that he has been exercising his treaty rights (which usually mean working, studying etc...) then you yourself need to prove that you have been exercising your treaty rights in the last 2 years.

now the only problem is getting hold of the decree absolute, i wish one the Gurus would shed some light on this as sam77 would be at no fault of the other party has just disappeared and do not want to comply with divorce proceedings. woudl the home office be so understanding?

sam77
Newly Registered

Post by sam77 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks for replying.
I myself have been in full time employement for the last 5years and i am self sufficient.
The problem is that if i am required to provide proof of my husband exercising treaty of rights i wont be able to because i havnt got any.as he took evrything with him.
However i do know that he does want to divorce.

vegeta_2009

Post by vegeta_2009 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:06 am

sam77 wrote:Thanks for replying.
I myself have been in full time employement for the last 5years and i am self sufficient.
The problem is that if i am required to provide proof of my husband exercising treaty of rights i wont be able to because i havnt got any.as he took evrything with him.
However i do know that he does want to divorce.
have you tried to call immigration (EU section?) did you seek advice from immigration adviser?

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:15 am

Hi,

Please be aware that you are still legaly married to your husband hence your status still depend on his. this means that in order to apply for PR using the EEA4 you will need to provide evidence that your husband has been and still exercising the right for the last 5 years.

If you are planning to file a divorce petition, you will need again to prove that your husband was exercising the treaty right at the time of divorce.

it seems that in any situation you will need proof of you EEA spouse hence I would advise to get some cooperation from him as the divorce root will not make any difference at this stage.

I hope this helps

M

vegeta_2009

Post by vegeta_2009 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:18 pm

sam77, have you heard anything from your ex, did you submit your application?