ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Elderly dependant

Post by Achilles.ali » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:02 pm

Hello everyone. I have a little problem that I need you advice for it. I came in Uk in 2007 and I became a British citizen in 2017. I’m the only son and my sisters are married and live abroad. In 2011 my father passed away and I went back to my home country for my mother . There is no way I could bring her with me in Uk at that time so I stayed there for nearly 9 months . My wife was still in London at that time.my sister used to live in Dubai so somehow she arranged her visa for Dubai and I dropped her in Dubai in June 2012 and got back To Uk. My mother is secretly disable person, she need our help for her day to day life , as in washing cleaning changing eating everything she relay on us, she has arthritis.
In 2016 my sister moved from Dubai to Canada and my mother came to me on visit visa. And because I did not have any other option so I kept her with me . She had 5 years visit visa at that time , so within 6 months I sent her dependant visa application which was rejected after 6 months. And I had to go through all the courts first tribunal 2nd tribunal judicial review and we lost all. It was a long process and very expensive but I had no other option I could not let her go back to home country because there was no body to take care of her. Not a single person. I did tried with maids also but it didn’t work out.
At the end in 2019 I submit another application for her as my dependant which was approved and they gave her 2.5 years visa and that she can apply for ilr after 10 years.
Because she have arthritis and she been taking some medicine for so long that could effect her eye sight so her doctors refers her to eye hospital.
They did her cataract surgery that was done few months after she got the visa. but recently I received a letter from eye hospital asking for her visa status and that her file is flagged as an overseas visitor .
She is over 65 years of age thus she don’t pay for the medicine proscription . I have paid her ins surcharge also . I want to know do I need to
Pay anything to nhs for her cataract surgery?

Casa

Re: Elderly dependant

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:08 pm

All NHS treatment is covered by the IHS payment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Post by Achilles.ali » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:14 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply . Such a relief.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:11 pm

Achilles.ali wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:14 pm
Thank you for your prompt reply . Such a relief.
You're very welcome. We only have one mother...treasure your time with her.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

asif0704
Newly Registered

Post by asif0704 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Achilles.ali wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:02 pm
Hello everyone. I have a little problem that I need you advice for it. I came in Uk in 2007 and I became a British citizen in 2017. I’m the only son and my sisters are married and live abroad. In 2011 my father passed away and I went back to my home country for my mother . There is no way I could bring her with me in Uk at that time so I stayed there for nearly 9 months . My wife was still in London at that time.my sister used to live in Dubai so somehow she arranged her visa for Dubai and I dropped her in Dubai in June 2012 and got back To Uk. My mother is secretly disable person, she need our help for her day to day life , as in washing cleaning changing eating everything she relay on us, she has arthritis.
In 2016 my sister moved from Dubai to Canada and my mother came to me on visit visa. And because I did not have any other option so I kept her with me . She had 5 years visit visa at that time , so within 6 months I sent her dependant visa application which was rejected after 6 months. And I had to go through all the courts first tribunal 2nd tribunal judicial review and we lost all. It was a long process and very expensive but I had no other option I could not let her go back to home country because there was no body to take care of her. Not a single person. I did tried with maids also but it didn’t work out.
At the end in 2019 I submit another application for her as my dependant which was approved and they gave her 2.5 years visa and that she can apply for ilr after 10 years.
Because she have arthritis and she been taking some medicine for so long that could effect her eye sight so her doctors refers her to eye hospital.
They did her cataract surgery that was done few months after she got the visa. but recently I received a letter from eye hospital asking for her visa status and that her file is flagged as an overseas visitor .
She is over 65 years of age thus she don’t pay for the medicine proscription . I have paid her ins surcharge also . I want to know do I need to
Pay anything to nhs for her cataract surgery?
Hello Achilles. Its good to hear your mother's application finally approved, such a big relief I can imagine.
I am in same boat as you were. Can I as you some questions.
1- Did you submit human right or ADR application for mother in 2016, 2019?
2- Were both applications submitted within UK or country or origin which I guess Pakistan?
3- Did you mother travelled back to country of origin between 2017 - 2019?

Thanks and Regards...

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Post by Achilles.ali » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:07 am

Hi, I hope you are doing great . Yeah both applications. We’re based on human rights, both applications were submitted while she was in Uk. She did not travel back since she left Pakistan in 2016 . Regards