ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for Unmarried Partner Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Belfastjim
Newly Registered
Australia

Eligibility for Unmarried Partner Visa

Post by Belfastjim » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi all, would really appreciate your opinions on my situation.

I'm an Australian citizen, and my girlfriend is a UK Citizen.

We have been together since 2013 and were very much back and forth for a couple of years until we decided to become more permanent.

We moved into a rental property together on the 4th March 2017 in the UK so that we could start to build evidence for an unmarried partner visa. I was on the second half of my working holiday visa at the time.

In October 2017 i returned back to Australia by myself so that i could apply for a Student Visa. The Application took 3 months and i returned to the UK on the 1st of January 2018 to begin my Masters degree.

During this short period apart i continued to pay into our joint bank account and continued to pay my contribution to our rent; Basically everything remained the same but i wasn't physically in the country.

We are planning on applying for a same-day unmarried partner visa on the 5th of March 2019; 2 years and 1 day after we officially moved in together on paper. We have all the evidence; Joint council tax/utility/rent/bank letters. My Partner is a Police Officer so she easily meets the all the financial requirements.

Will it be okay to apply literally 1 day after the 2 year requirement? Also, i presume this short period (3 months) apart will not be an issue as it wasn't legally possible to stay together, and we kept all of our financial commitments during this time?

Really appreciate any guidance or tips!
Thanks.