ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family resident visa for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sowonk
Newly Registered

Family resident visa for parents

Post by sowonk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Hello,
My husband and I would like to apply for family visas for my parents to come and live with us in order to help look after our children, but I'm not sure what kind of visa I would need to apply for. We would be financially responsible for them and they would live in our home.

They are over 65 and have some health issues but healthy enough to look after our children. Ideally I would like them to live with us permanently. My husband and I are British citizens and work full-time.

I have looked at the gov.uk website but it doesn't give a clear answer for our kind of situation.

Any advice would be appreciated.

vinny

Re: Family resident visa for parents

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:22 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:23 pm

sowonk wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:14 pm
Hello,
My husband and I would like to apply for family visas for my parents to come and live with us in order to help look after our children, but I'm not sure what kind of visa I would need to apply for. We would be financially responsible for them and they would live in our home.

They are over 65 and have some health issues but healthy enough to look after our children. Ideally I would like them to live with us permanently. My husband and I are British citizens and work full-time.

I have looked at the gov.uk website but it doesn't give a clear answer for our kind of situation.

Any advice would be appreciated.
There's isn't one. Only the Adult Dependant Visa is £3k a pop with almost 100% chance of refusal and then no chance of a visit visa as an attempt to settle has been made.

UK immigration does not support chain migration, it's not the cultural norm here.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sowonk
Newly Registered

Post by sowonk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Thank you for your replies, kind of what I expected.