ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
jenjen284
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:09 am

Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by jenjen284 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:14 am

Hi,

My partner collected his passport this week after the centre opened on Monday. It was issued back in June so it has been more than 30 days since it was issued.

Does the 30 day travel apply to Fiance visa or just Spouse visa?

Thanks

Manugmedia
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am
Ethiopia

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:29 am

jenjen284 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:14 am
Hi,

My partner collected his passport this week after the centre opened on Monday. It was issued back in June so it has been more than 30 days since it was issued.

Does the 30 day travel apply to Fiance visa or just Spouse visa?

Thanks
Are you sure it's 30 days, all vignettes are coming with 90 days validity, confirm from the letter they got with the passport.
If its 30 days see this section " If your 30 day visa to work, study or join family has expired" here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

jenjen284
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by jenjen284 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 am

Thank you, he didn't get a letter. They gave him his passport with the Fiance visa issued inside - some of the papers that he originally submitted and told him to travel as soon as possible.

I can find advice saying about spouse visa applicants have a certain window to enter the UK within but nothing advising the same about Fiance visa applicants.

Manugmedia
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am
Ethiopia

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:37 am

jenjen284 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 am
Thank you, he didn't get a letter. They gave him his passport with the Fiance visa issued inside - some of the papers that he originally submitted and told him to travel as soon as possible.

I can find advice saying about spouse visa applicants have a certain window to enter the UK within but nothing advising the same about Fiance visa applicants.
When is vignette valid from and to?

Fiancee Visa would be interpreted as falling under same category as joining family.

jenjen284
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by jenjen284 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:43 am

Is the vignette the Entry Clearance page printed in his passport?

If so 23/06/2020 to 23/12/2020

Manugmedia
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am
Ethiopia

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:47 am

jenjen284 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:43 am
Is the vignette the Entry Clearance page printed in his passport?

If so 23/06/2020 to 23/12/2020
Sorry misread. its a fiancee visa and you just have to make sure they travel any time and you get married before it expires.

jenjen284
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by jenjen284 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 am

Okay, thank you so much!!

Certainly eases the pressure!

Manugmedia
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am
Ethiopia

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am

jenjen284 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 am
Okay, thank you so much!!

Certainly eases the pressure!
Don't forget you also have to submit spouse visa application before the fiancee visa expires as well.

live4pride
- thin ice -
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:32 am
Location: UK

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by live4pride » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:55 am

Is there any separate thread for fiance visa timelines only?
Last edited by live4pride on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
where there's a will there's a way

live4pride
- thin ice -
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:32 am
Location: UK

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by live4pride » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:56 am

jenjen284 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 am
Okay, thank you so much!!

Certainly eases the pressure!
Hi, could you please share your timeline and any relevant information? Thank you.
where there's a will there's a way

AmazonianX
Diamond Member
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: Fiance Visa Approved - Travel?

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:23 am

live4pride wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:55 am
Is there any separate thread for fiance visa timelines only?
No

Locked
cron